Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mor Darryl  (Read 17537 times)

Fred Garvin

• All American
Re: Mor Darryl
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2022, 01:51:07 PM »
Aiken blew Stevie over in the first half which was a terrible call on Stevie!! Bad reffing all game

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2022, 01:53:12 PM »

So how did SHU get "screwed" though?

Yes, the actual call was bad. But there should have been a foul called right before. 90% shooter going to the line.

I guess they were screwed out of a couple seconds. But lesson to be learned there is dont grab the guy Aiken.

SHU was fine getting away with the first no foul.

Mostly because I am making a point for emphasis.

Seriously the refs never screwed MU over. And the “foul” on Elliott wasn’t a foul.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2022, 01:55:05 PM »
But you constantly ignore the grab on the arm prior to the shot.  That's where you have a problem in integrity.  You just roll over that to lamblast others on the final call.

This might be the ninth time I have said he was fouled on the arm.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2022, 01:55:28 PM »

Mostly because I am making a point for emphasis.

Seriously the refs never screwed MU over. And the “foul” on Elliott wasn’t a foul.

All fair,

can you now make it a point of emphasis to say that SHU was also not screwed over and that the refs just flat out sucked?

Going as far as to not even know baseline OB rules.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »
I agree the refs were all over the place. What always confuses me is saying "college refs." People saying this - do you also follow the NBA closely? Go on Twitter or any NBA forum - the conversation is dominated by how badly the refs performed. If you attend a High School game - conversation in the stands is usually about how poorly the refs perform. And so on.

The modern game appears to be impossible to call with accuracy and the best we can hope for is that calls even out throughout the game and year.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2022, 01:55:33 PM »
I love it!  The same poster who lectures the board constantly whenever they complain about bad officiating against Marquette is instead complaining about the officiating on behalf of Seton Hall!

This guy is such a fraud he should be banned to his own message board where he can make his 100 posts a day while living in his own echo chamber of absurdity! 

God this is fun!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2022, 01:56:05 PM »
Over-under on how many times FBM repeats this. Even if the shooting foul was questionable, the arm grab was not. One way or another, Aiken fouled GE.

YES, this is the correct answer.   Aiken clearly grabbed GE's arm a second before the 2 point attempt.

It's like going 90 mph then bitching when the cop pulls you over doing 71.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2022, 01:56:27 PM »
Fred

Ask Fluff if that was a good call or not. He is resident expert on all scoop tpics.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2022, 01:56:47 PM »
A lot of thoughts that I’ll share later but only one that matters.

Huge win, big makeup for the CU home debacle.

Gotta have those at home if you want to dance.

Metrics matta, but wins still King

Modified for this.
Who cares about the ending. MU clearly got the benefit of the doubt but there will be games where they don’t.

Marquette wins, that’s what matters

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2022, 01:56:52 PM »
I agree the refs were all over the place. What always confuses me is saying "college refs." People saying this - do you also follow the NBA closely? Go on Twitter or any NBA forum - the conversation is dominated by how badly the refs performed. If you attend a High School game - conversation in the stands is usually about how poorly the refs perform. And so on.

The modern game appears to be impossible to call with accuracy and the best we can hope for is that calls even out throughout the game and year.

NBA refs are 1,000% better than college refs. Maybe 10-15 years ago that wasn’t the case but NBA reffing is WAY better than it used to be.

panda

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2022, 01:57:18 PM »
Aiken went into Greg’s shooting space - Greg looked awkward initiating contact, but he was fouled (twice).

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2022, 01:58:18 PM »
Aiken went into Greg’s shooting space - Greg looked awkward initiating contact, but he was fouled (twice).

No he wasn’t. He jumped forward into Aiken which isn’t a foul.

It’s OK to acknowledge that MU got the benefit of a bad call.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:59:50 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

Balrogs

• Walk-On
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »

This might be the ninth time I have said he was fouled on the arm.

Actually twice when I posted and only because you got called out by other posters.  Just keep making things up.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2022, 02:00:08 PM »

As your resident target for ref bitching.

Greg was absolutely not fouled on the shot attempt.

Grabbed before? Yes. As SHU fans said themselves does AIken draw the same nonsense calls? Also yes.

But that was definitely not a shooting foul
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »
Fluff I agree with you,but do you believe every time we went inside and got blocked and fell to the floor we weren't fouled? I mean at least once there center fouled us?

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2022, 02:02:12 PM »
Actually twice when I posted and only because you got called out by other posters.  Just keep making things up.

I acknowledged it multiple times in this thread and the game thread. Was I entirely accurate when I said “ninth?”  No and I don’t care.

But saying I “constantly ignored” something I didn’t actually ignore is entirely false.

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2022, 02:02:44 PM »
Fluff I agree with you,but do you believe every time we went inside and got blocked and fell to the floor we weren't fouled? I mean at least once there center fouled us?

Every time?  Of course not.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2022, 02:03:49 PM »
Bad reffing all game

What do you expect when you have that Ahole Breeding on a whistle. Nice to see him embarrass himself on that last inbounds play. He is consistently pathetic at what he does.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2022, 02:04:04 PM »
I acknowledged it multiple times in this thread and the game thread. Was I entirely accurate when I said “ninth?”  No and I don’t care.

But saying I “constantly ignored” something I didn’t actually ignore is entirely false.

What you're doing is telling half the story to claim seton hall was robbed. They weren't, if there's a no call from Greg and hall hits a beater we're the ones who are robbed due to a no call. The bottom line is in that whole play we deserved to be at the line one way or another, they called it wrong but seton hall was not robbed.
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2022, 02:05:01 PM »
Whiny Willard strikes again. Really dislike that man. Complains constantly and always seems to avoid a Tech despite his untethered rage.
Aiken telling courtside fans to "Shut the F#$% Up" was very classy and showed great maturity. Not.
That’s great—missed that.

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2022, 02:05:08 PM »
What you're doing is telling half the story to claim seton hall was robbed. They weren't, if there's a no call from Greg and hall hits a beater we're the ones who are robbed due to a no call. The bottom line is in that whole play we deserved to be at the line one way or another, they called it wrong but seton hall was not robbed.

They were screwed. Not robbed. Please keep up.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2022, 02:06:06 PM »
I will repeat it as much as I want. Scoopers are the most homer bunch I have ever seen about refs. Complete lack of understanding.

SHU was screwed.

BS. It goes both ways. We were called Gor the same kind of foul.  Whose team are you on?

panda

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2022, 02:06:29 PM »
As your resident target for ref bitching.

Greg was absolutely not fouled on the shot attempt.

Grabbed before? Yes. As SHU fans said themselves does AIken draw the same nonsense calls? Also yes.

But that was definitely not a shooting foul

Aiken reached with his right hand and made contact. Greg makes it look awkward but Aiken reached in.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
Not really but OK.

Can recall Kolek and Morsell getting the same thing called on them. Maybe not 5 but at least 2.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2022, 02:07:40 PM »

They were screwed. Not robbed. Please keep up.

I wish I had that goalpost shifting gif. You know your arguments a joke so you fixate on a small insignificant detail on a post.
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback