[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: At home Covid tests  (Read 8170 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: At home Covid tests
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 03:36:51 PM »
Basically, Americans suck.

This isn't a USA USA USA! chant moment, but when given the chance, nearly all people of varying race/culture/creed will be selfish when it comes to self interest.  People praised the selflessness of Asian cultures when it came to masks and social protocol, but there are myriad other instances of shameless selfishness when it comes to them culturally and social standards.

No country is a utopia and the US has countless blights and reputational black eyes that should be remedied, but by and large, in my experience, the people that think the US/Americans are shockingly horrible on an individual basis, either haven't experienced much elsewhere or just view them in a selectively rosy lens.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 08:57:10 PM »
This isn't a USA USA USA! chant moment, but when given the chance, nearly all people of varying race/culture/creed will be selfish when it comes to self interest.  People praised the selflessness of Asian cultures when it came to masks and social protocol, but there are myriad other instances of shameless selfishness when it comes to them culturally and social standards.

No country is a utopia and the US has countless blights and reputational black eyes that should be remedied, but by and large, in my experience, the people that think the US/Americans are shockingly horrible on an individual basis, either haven't experienced much elsewhere or just view them in a selectively rosy lens.

Or hating America is cool and edgy in some circles.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 10:58:58 PM »

Totally agree. I hate America so much, I’m going to storm the capital!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 06:03:08 AM »

I don't hate the USA, but that doesn't mean we suck as a people a lot of the time.

I guess that makes me edgy and cool in your eyes?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2022, 07:30:40 AM »

Zing!

Shut it down.  (Or stop the count?)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 09:50:44 PM »

And as systems go, I’ll take the messiness and potential abuses that go with freedom over the abuses people suffer when they abrogate that freedom for what the people in power assure them is for the good of the collective.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 10:20:31 PM »
And as systems go, I’ll take the messiness and potential abuses that go with freedom over the abuses people suffer when they abrogate that freedom for what the people in power assure them is for the good of the collective.

Oh, so the US?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 11:03:53 PM »
Oh, so the US?

Generally speaking, no.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2022, 09:43:26 AM »
I don't hate the USA, but that doesn't mean we suck as a people a lot of the time.

I guess that makes me edgy and cool in your eyes?

This was what I meant in my post. Jwags is right that in many parts of the world, people suck too.

To me the difference is we pretend to be better than everyone else, when in reality, in many cases we are the same, and in some cases worse.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2022, 12:42:12 PM »

Is that similar to the Capitol?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 05:41:16 PM »
Is that similar to the Capitol?

I see you're a member of the thin blue line.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2022, 05:56:44 PM »
I see you're a member of the thin blue line.

Only the thin blue line know difference between the Capitol and the capital? How depressing!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2022, 06:55:59 PM »
Only the thin blue line know difference between the Capitol and the capital? How depressing!

We may not be smart, but we're principaled!

feedback