[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70263 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #875 on: July 30, 2022, 05:18:00 PM »
Watched some of the LIV. Course is long and pins cut right to the edge of the green . Crowd has that distinct Jersey vibe going. Kind of like a Seton Hall game lol
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #876 on: July 30, 2022, 06:02:34 PM »
Watched some of the LIV. Course is long and pins cut right to the edge of the green . Crowd has that distinct Jersey vibe going. Kind of like a Seton Hall game lol

Anyone hit Ivana’s grave?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #877 on: July 31, 2022, 08:49:34 AM »
Anyone hit Ivana’s grave?

No wonder he buried her like you would bury a cat in the backyard. Under NJ state law, he will get a tax break for this.

Once a grifter, always a grifter.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #878 on: July 31, 2022, 03:35:17 PM »
Finau is on freaking 🔥.   

The man has the easiest looking power game in golf.  He doesn't even take a full backswing and the ball explodes off the face of his clubs.  I've always liked the guy, very cool customer.  I really hope he gets a major or two.  Dude just effortlessly popped a 328 yrd mini-fade.   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #879 on: July 31, 2022, 03:52:29 PM »
According to the other players, one of the nicest guys out there.   

He has a hot putter right now.   With a hot putter, he is as good as anyone.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #880 on: July 31, 2022, 05:24:27 PM »
No wonder he buried her like you would bury a cat in the backyard. Under NJ state law, he will get a tax break for this.

Once a grifter, always a grifter.

Read that the tax benefits cannot exceed ten acres, there’s probably 400 acres at Bedminster.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #881 on: July 31, 2022, 05:54:17 PM »

True dat Tower.  It seems like it's always been about the putter for him.  The guy has tremendous natural talent.  You can tell he's an athlete.  Perhaps the floodgates will open the next couple of years and he'll snag a Major or two.  There's no strain in his swing whatsoever.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #882 on: July 31, 2022, 09:05:34 PM »
Watched the final round of The LIV. The mics were set up to hear the fans . It was Raucous environment and seemed like fans were having fun .

Liv says they are in beta mode, I did note that the players whose teams were in contention were grinding hard down the stretch. So maybe they are on to something with a team concept.

I like the shot gun start everyone finishes at the same time . They put the leaders off one the second two days . Henrik Stenson won on the 18th hole.

Other thing I noted is they have signed up a lot of the top collegiate players .

My guess is LIV going to get a TV contract or Streaming Service Partner next year . They are not going to compete with majors , WGC or events with tradition like Memorial and Bay Hill.
            ---Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #883 on: July 31, 2022, 09:08:44 PM »

When you’re driving it straight and 340 and hitting every green in regulation (and the 5s in less) a hot putter puts you over the top. Great to see him take it to the next level - he’s pure class.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #884 on: August 01, 2022, 12:21:20 PM »
Watched the final round of The LIV. The mics were set up to hear the fans . It was Raucous environment and seemed like fans were having fun .

Liv says they are in beta mode, I did note that the players whose teams were in contention were grinding hard down the stretch. So maybe they are on to something with a team concept.

I like the shot gun start everyone finishes at the same time . They put the leaders off one the second two days . Henrik Stenson won on the 18th hole.

Other thing I noted is they have signed up a lot of the top collegiate players .

My guess is LIV going to get a TV contract or Streaming Service Partner next year . They are not going to compete with majors , WGC or events with tradition like Memorial and Bay Hill.

I watched it as well. It was my first time watching a LIV event. Felt like an exhibition event, however more yelling since LIV thought it was a good idea to set up the mics to capture the intellect takes from the Jersey golf crowd. I'm sure the Saturdays Are For The Boys crowd loved it though.

Broadcast quality was very good. I enjoyed the quick cuts between shots. This is an area The Tour must address with CBS and NBC. Way, way too much fluff in a Tour telecast. That said, was it compelling golf? Um, no.

The team competition does very little for me and it was somewhat difficult to follow. Also, the first three winners of Schwartzel, Grace, and Stenson are extremely underwhelming. Goes to show, just because you have a limited field doesn't guarantee that your stars come to play. Bryson, Phil, and Brooks were complete non-factors.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #885 on: August 01, 2022, 12:46:30 PM »
I watched it as well. It was my first time watching a LIV event. Felt like an exhibition event, however more yelling since LIV thought it was a good idea to set up the mics to capture the intellect takes from the Jersey golf crowd. I'm sure the Saturdays Are For The Boys crowd loved it though.

Broadcast quality was very good. I enjoyed the quick cuts between shots. This is an area The Tour must address with CBS and NBC. Way, way too much fluff in a Tour telecast. That said, was it compelling golf? Um, no.

The team competition does very little for me and it was somewhat difficult to follow. Also, the first three winners of Schwartzel, Grace, and Stenson are extremely underwhelming. Goes to show, just because you have a limited field doesn't guarantee that your stars come to play. Bryson, Phil, and Brooks were complete non-factors.

Brooks is done

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #886 on: August 01, 2022, 04:22:13 PM »

We're an erudite people, good mannered, and well intentioned as evidenced by our chanting "unnatural carnal knowledge the POTUS" just steps from a freshly dug grave at a golf exhibition hosted by purveyors of the bonesaw. No wonder some tickets were on offer for $1.

54 golf is going to become popular with a certain type of American. The organizers and de facto American ambassador will have no issue with that (in fact, they'll likely indulge it) but the more this becomes apparent the more they may find themselves limited in appeal to the majority.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #887 on: August 01, 2022, 05:30:16 PM »
54 golf is going to become popular with a certain type of American. The organizers and de facto American ambassador will have no issue with that (in fact, they'll likely indulge it) but the more this becomes apparent the more they may find themselves limited in appeal to the majority.

Definitely seems that way. I agree, seems very limiting, especially for a tour that's branding themselves as the first world tour of golf. Beyond the Saudi element of LIV, embracing a certain element of American society is not going to play well international either.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #888 on: August 01, 2022, 05:32:25 PM »
Definitely seems that way. I agree, seems very limiting, especially for a tour that's branding themselves as the first world tour of golf. Beyond the Saudi element of LIV, embracing a certain element of American society is not going to play well international either.

ETTD

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #889 on: August 01, 2022, 07:25:49 PM »
ESPN Plus Interview with Sergio Garcia on LIV. Basically says he got generational wealth out of it , and wants to play less. Also seems enthused about the team aspect . Garcia finished t-6 at Bedminster event , his best performance in a while.

Says he is going to retain DO World membership and try to qualify for Ryder Cup

https://www.espn.com/golf/insider/insider/story/_/id/34313442/sergio-garcia-joining-liv-series-was-good-decision?platform=amp
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #890 on: August 01, 2022, 07:40:59 PM »
ESPN Plus Interview with Sergio Garcia on LIV. Basically says he got generational wealth out of it , and wants to play less. Also seems enthused about the team aspect . Garcia finished t-6 at Bedminster event , his best performance in a while.

Says he is going to retain DO World membership and try to qualify for Ryder Cup

https://www.espn.com/golf/insider/insider/story/_/id/34313442/sergio-garcia-joining-liv-series-was-good-decision?platform=amp

He won’t be playing less next year and if he wants to play on the Ryder Cup team, he’ll have to play on the European Tour to earn points. 

Calling Sergio a liar is probably the best thing someone can call him.  He’s a bad person and always has been.  His legacy is simple, an easily destroyed opponent for Tiger Woods

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #891 on: August 01, 2022, 08:15:43 PM »
He won’t be playing less next year and if he wants to play on the Ryder Cup team, he’ll have to play on the European Tour to earn points. 

Calling Sergio a liar is probably the best thing someone can call him.  He’s a bad person and always has been.  His legacy is simple, an easily destroyed opponent for Tiger Woods

https://m.facebook.com/PGATour/videos/sergio-garcia-hits-out-of-a-tree-at-2013-arnold-palmer-invitational/1325797230928059/
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #892 on: August 02, 2022, 07:43:47 AM »
Apparently Tiger turned down between 700-800 mill to join LIV.  That's truly incredible.  I've never been a fan of the guy (and obviously he doesn't need the coin) but still, it's admirable imo.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #893 on: August 02, 2022, 07:57:31 AM »
Dumb, bea gowne, aina?

#freerocket2022
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #894 on: August 02, 2022, 08:17:49 AM »
Dumb, bea gowne, aina?

#freerocket2022

What would you do with 750 mill?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #895 on: August 02, 2022, 08:25:34 AM »
What would you do with 750 mill?

Start that new Marquette basketball message board that was promised

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #896 on: August 02, 2022, 08:31:30 AM »
Dumb, bea gowne, aina?

#freerocket2022

Did rocket get banned?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #897 on: August 02, 2022, 08:44:22 AM »
Tiger doesn't need the money.
I doubt he could play 8 or 14 tournaments per year going forward.    Maybe in a few years, but not for a while.
His reverence for the majors is still very high.
Finally, perhaps he is just philosophically against the concept and the sponsors.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #898 on: August 02, 2022, 11:16:21 AM »
Did rocket get banned?

I imagine it was for his latest spittle-flecked, unhinged rant where he took a page from the Nazi playbook (not hyperbole, not exaggeration, not Godwin's Law--actual page from the Nazi playbook) and smeared he who he disagrees with as a pedophile.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #899 on: August 02, 2022, 02:15:24 PM »
#freerocket2022