[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70200 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #550 on: June 10, 2022, 07:29:34 AM »
billy horschel is on the radar boys!  the guy is a meticulous machine.  love watching him play.  i did not know he was dealing with personal issues (his wife's alcoholism) at home.  although alcoholism is a day to day battle,  brittany has 4-5 years of sobriety, allowing billy to breathe a little.  i have noticed his game seems to be up a notch.  Godspeed for him and his wife

harry varner is another favorite of mine.  i take him in many of my fanduel contests but he is starting to become more expensive.  the secret may be out.  sitting at the clubhouse of waste management tournament a few years ago, the players exit the 18th green over the bridge, right past our seating area.  the players are not supposed to stop and/or sign stuff.  harry stopped and signed stuff. 

regardless if rickie stays PGA or goes LIV, i hope he finds his game.  he's such a great ambassador, especially for the younger golfers.  we also ran into him at waste management as he was leaving the grounds and he stopped to sign stuff and take pictures

regardless of what ya'll think of patrick reed, he will be missed on ryder cup.  his record 7-3-2
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #551 on: June 10, 2022, 09:00:47 AM »
What's your gut on what the Masters will do?  I assume they have the power to do whatever they want?

Rumor is, the Masters plans on not inviting any LIV Players, though it’s possible they make the exception for past champs
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #552 on: June 10, 2022, 09:52:28 AM »
Rumor is, the Masters plans on not inviting any LIV Players, though it’s possible they make the exception for past champs

I believe that's what will happen. LIV seems to be cornering the market on former Masters champs. And, I'm sure Bubba will be joining LIV when he returns to action.

If they make an exception for past champs, that would leave really only Bryson as the only star on the outside looking in (given no other huge names jumping to LIV). But, I'm not sure that ANGC will care all that much given that Bryson thinks the course is only a par 67.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #553 on: June 10, 2022, 10:06:12 AM »
I believe that's what will happen. LIV seems to be cornering the market on former Masters champs. And, I'm sure Bubba will be joining LIV when he returns to action.

If they make an exception for past champs, that would leave really only Bryson as the only star on the outside looking in (given no other huge names jumping to LIV). But, I'm not sure that ANGC will care all that much given that Bryson thinks the course is only a par 67.

I see a lot of chatter asking if the masters would matter if they didn’t invite players like Bryson and I think people forget, Augusta cares not what you think.  They’ll do what they want.  Also, they’ve been pretty progressive the last decade taking stewardship of the game.  I have little doubt that they’ll be the first to introduce an universal ball for their invitational

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #554 on: June 10, 2022, 10:13:22 AM »
I see a lot of chatter asking if the masters would matter if they didn’t invite players like Bryson and I think people forget, Augusta cares not what you think.  They’ll do what they want.  Also, they’ve been pretty progressive the last decade taking stewardship of the game.  I have little doubt that they’ll be the first to introduce an universal ball for their invitational

Well if they decide to ban LIV members, even if they allow past champions, that would essentially thwart a PGA tour exodus for the younger players.    These guys will not want to forego playing Augusta National.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #555 on: June 10, 2022, 09:49:38 PM »
Opportunity for European Tour to fortify its ranks

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/garcia-mcdowell-liv-golf-pga-27195310

Garcia lays out his reasoning for joining LIV. My guess is others will follow his line of thinking.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/garcia-not-bothered-by-pga-tour-suspension-2022-06-09/

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #556 on: June 11, 2022, 07:24:55 AM »
Opportunity for European Tour to fortify its ranks

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/garcia-mcdowell-liv-golf-pga-27195310

Garcia lays out his reasoning for joining LIV. My guess is others will follow his line of thinking.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/garcia-not-bothered-by-pga-tour-suspension-2022-06-09/

These clowns couldn’t wait to play the PGA Tour and almost all live in the United States.  Interesting how that gives Sergio more time for his family.  He might be a liar.  We already know he’s a petulant child

tower912

• All American
« Reply #557 on: June 11, 2022, 07:27:13 AM »
DJ admitted it was about playing less golf for more money.   And against lesser fields.

I get the 40 somethings.   Take the big payout and slow down.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #558 on: June 11, 2022, 12:59:30 PM »
They set this initial LIV course up hard lots of the field over par .

https://www.livgolf.com/leaderboard
            ---Al McGuire

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #559 on: June 11, 2022, 01:45:18 PM »
DJ admitted it was about playing less golf for more money.   And against lesser fields.

I get the 40 somethings.   Take the big payout and slow down.   

I'll say this about DJ, he's at least telling people the truth. And, while LIV sounds great for DJ, this is not a compelling case as to why golf fans should care about LIV.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #560 on: June 11, 2022, 02:47:13 PM »
I'll say this about DJ, he's at least telling people the truth. And, while LIV sounds great for DJ, this is not a compelling case as to why golf fans should care about LIV.
Caddies are being treated extremely well

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/players-arent-only-ones-pampered-inaugural-liv-golf-event?utm_medium=email&utm_source=061122&utm_campaign=hitlist&utm_content=DM28626&uuid=85f898e378d547f4aa114b5572e1ddc5
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #561 on: June 11, 2022, 04:11:38 PM »
They set this initial LIV course up hard lots of the field over par .

https://www.livgolf.com/leaderboard

Lots of the field is garbage

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #562 on: June 11, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #563 on: June 11, 2022, 04:25:21 PM »
A proper golf tournament and national championship on the line in Canada where the top 4 are Rory, Finau, JT and Sam Burns

tower912

• All American
« Reply #564 on: June 11, 2022, 04:27:20 PM »
Schwartzel with inaugural LIV win

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/charl-scwhartzel-wins-4-million-dollars-in-inaugural-liv-golf-invititational

Future answer to a trivia question.   Who won the inaugural exhibition....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #565 on: June 11, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »
That Shipnuck/Norman text exchange was an absolute all-timer.  Wow just wow. 

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #566 on: June 11, 2022, 05:24:49 PM »
Pat Perez getting $10 million to join LIV. Frankly, that's nuttier than Bryson's deal

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #567 on: June 11, 2022, 05:30:45 PM »
Pat Perez getting $10 million to join LIV. Frankly, that's nuttier than Bryson's deal

He’s buddies with Gretzky who loves him some Saudi sports washing cash

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #568 on: June 11, 2022, 07:26:10 PM »
A proper golf tournament and national championship on the line in Canada where the top 4 are Rory, Finau, JT and Sam Burns
Nice to see the Canadian Open regaining some of its luster in recent years . Used to be considered a huge event just below the majors .
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #569 on: June 11, 2022, 07:32:34 PM »
Nice to see the Canadian Open regaining some of its luster in recent years . Used to be considered a huge event just below the majors .

Lots of good courses in Canada.  Played at Jack’s course too much over the last 45 years

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #570 on: June 12, 2022, 08:29:49 AM »

The Saudi Royal Family is only worth somewhere in the 1.5 trillion range.  Again, that's with a T.  They will continue to offer boat loads of cash to PGA players.  This problem probably isn't going away any time soon. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #571 on: June 12, 2022, 08:31:35 AM »
The Saudi Royal Family is only worth somewhere in the 1.5 trillion range.  Again, that's with a T.  They will continue to offer boat loads of cash to PGA players.  This problem probably isn't going away any time soon.

If the majors continue inviting LIV players, the Saudis could make the Blood Money Tour the dominant circuit within a couple years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #572 on: June 12, 2022, 09:08:52 AM »

But even trillionaires don't want to repeatedly lose money.  Look, I am sure they look at their smaller neighbors with some envy in this respect.  UAE owns a bunch of soccer teams and Dubai is a new playground for the rich.  Qatar owns PSG and is hosting the World Cup later this year.  But still, they will pull the plug on this thing if they figure out it's not going to work.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #573 on: June 12, 2022, 09:11:39 AM »
If it brings unkind scrutiny and attracts mostly has-beens and b-listers, it will still carry on for a few years but won't get bigger than it is now.      Much wiser on their part would have been to completely take over either the Asian tour or  the European tour.   

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #574 on: June 12, 2022, 09:20:29 AM »
But even trillionaires don't want to repeatedly lose money.  Look, I am sure they look at their smaller neighbors with some envy in this respect.  UAE owns a bunch of soccer teams and Dubai is a new playground for the rich.  Qatar owns PSG and is hosting the World Cup later this year.  But still, they will pull the plug on this thing if they figure out it's not going to work.

I mean maybe in a few years you're right but as we know money isn't their first priority.   How much would they have to lose to really care?