[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70267 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2022, 11:40:15 AM »
Biggest loss in golf world to the Bonesaw Tour will be Jerry Foltz.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2022, 03:47:41 PM »
So we know Kevin Na’s character is trash

I was just thinking how nobody is gonna miss his absurdly slow playing stubborn ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #402 on: June 05, 2022, 03:55:47 PM »
I was just thinking how nobody is gonna miss his absurdly slow playing stubborn ass.

I think he’s deluded himself into thinking he’s a star
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #403 on: June 06, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »
Phil makes it official.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #404 on: June 06, 2022, 04:43:00 PM »
Phil makes it official.

His statement was a nice apology again to the Saudi’s.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2022, 06:09:13 PM »
Just gone playing Pinehurst 2,4 and 6.

2 is an absolute brute . 4 is formidable in its own right. Funny thing is even though I absolute got a heinie whoopin on 2 and 4 , I played the same ball each day. The Donald Ross turtle back greens are humbling on 2 and on 4 the bunkers are super deep.

6 is a pretty course with lots of woods , OB and water where you can lose balls. I lost 8 balls . We have a Ryder cup style tournament on that course and it’s a lot of fun.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2022, 06:36:16 PM »
So I see that Ytube and Facebook will be covering the LIV tournament?  What are the chances this whole thing winds up being a complete dumpster fire in your opinion?  Couldn't the PGA ban players who even play once for the LIV permanently from future events? 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2022, 06:41:43 PM »
So I see that Ytube and Facebook will be covering the LIV tournament?  What are the chances this whole thing winds up being a complete dumpster fire in your opinion?  Couldn't the PGA ban players who even play once for the LIV permanently from future events?

Yes, they will suspend them or ban them

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #408 on: June 06, 2022, 07:06:36 PM »
Yes, they will suspend them or ban them

Permanently Uncle R?   Cool.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2022, 07:10:24 PM »
Permanently Uncle R?   Cool.

Possibly.  It’s pretty fluid.  Five of the guys that left have resigned from the PGA Tour, so in theory, they could try to qualify again but I doubt they’d want to

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2022, 07:39:18 PM »
Possibly.  It’s pretty fluid.  Five of the guys that left have resigned from the PGA Tour, so in theory, they could try to qualify again but I doubt they’d want to

Apparently the Shark attacked the Bear.   I thought Jack actually helped Norman win a major.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2022, 07:43:05 PM »
Apparently the Shark attacked the Bear.   I thought Jack actually helped Norman win a major.

Jack is hardly an innocent bystander.  He’d be all in if not for people stepping in and stopping him at his company.  Still, Norman would be better suited keeping his mouth shut now because every time he opens it, he sounds like an idiot

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2022, 07:48:21 PM »
Jack is hardly an innocent bystander.  He’d be all in if not for people stepping in and stopping him at his company.  Still, Norman would be better suited keeping his mouth shut now because every time he opens it, he sounds like an idiot

Fair enough. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2022, 07:56:25 PM »
Leave Jack alone. He's almost old enough to be President of the United States.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2022, 08:12:18 PM »
That '96 Masters is really something.  Even among all-time meltdowns I'm not sure there's a parallel. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2022, 09:56:11 PM »
That '96 Masters is really something.  Even among all-time meltdowns I'm not sure there's a parallel.

Not only did that choking dirtbag lose, he managed to lose by 5 strokes.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2022, 10:01:54 PM »
I think the LIV is gonna be like WCW of the late 90s.

The new hot thing for a couple of years, and everyone comes crawling back home when it flames out.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #417 on: June 07, 2022, 08:12:16 AM »
I think the LIV is gonna be like WCW of the late 90s.

The new hot thing for a couple of years, and everyone comes crawling back home when it flames out.
Could be. Or maybe the iPhone thing of the early 2000's taking on Blackberry and its 90% market share.  :D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #418 on: June 07, 2022, 08:28:32 AM »
LIV is out-capitalism-ing the PGA Tour.

What at first seemed insignificant might now looks like it could become much, much more. It's a ton of money, life-changing to younger players who wouldn't have to worry about making cuts. Ridiculous money for the likes of Mickelson, who apparently is knee-deep to gamblers.

If LIV golfers aren't barred from playing in the majors, and if the LIV has any sticking power at all, how many will stay with the Tour? Even if they are barred from playing in the majors?

How do the handful of guys who have already expressed outrage at Saudi atrocities spin it if they decide to change their minds?

This is getting interesting.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #419 on: June 07, 2022, 09:09:17 AM »
Could be. Or maybe the iPhone thing of the early 2000's taking on Blackberry and its 90% market share.  :D

Technology is different than entertainment though.

Apple and Jobs were insane marketers and could back it up with improving technology at the time.

Think about how many off-brand football leagues have come and gone, if the product isn’t good, it’s not gonna last.

And there are wayyyy more eyes on football than golf.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2022, 09:17:29 AM »
Technology is different than entertainment though.

Apple and Jobs were insane marketers and could back it up with improving technology at the time.

Think about how many off-brand football leagues have come and gone, if the product isn’t good, it’s not gonna last.

I know the comparison wasn't apples to apples (no pun indented). And if I had to bet on it, I'd put money on the PGA.

Maybe the PGA will will learn some lessons and make improvements. Not saying the PGA is awful but they have not been the best run organization probably due to lack of competition.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #421 on: June 07, 2022, 09:27:30 AM »
LIV is out-capitalism-ing the PGA Tour.

What at first seemed insignificant might now looks like it could become much, much more. It's a ton of money, life-changing to younger players who wouldn't have to worry about making cuts. Ridiculous money for the likes of Mickelson, who apparently is knee-deep to gamblers.

If LIV golfers aren't barred from playing in the majors, and if the LIV has any sticking power at all, how many will stay with the Tour? Even if they are barred from playing in the majors?

How do the handful of guys who have already expressed outrage at Saudi atrocities spin it if they decide to change their minds?

This is getting interesting.

Yes.  Basically the PGA's chip is the Majors.  My take is they can't be suspended from the PGA tour, they have to be banned.  If Kevin Na got say 25-50 mill to switch to LIV this has to cause some animosity among PGA players.  As you said this is generational wealth.  If Cam Smith, Zalatoris, or some young superstar leaves it's a big problem for the PGA tour. Clearly LIV has billions it can throw at these guys.    I really think banning them from the Majors is their only trump card (no pun intended).  And who's to say that will even work?? 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 09:29:02 AM by MuggsyB »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2022, 09:53:37 AM »

I'm not saying I'm sold on LIV, but the differences between that and the NFL vs XFL/USFL/AAF are super significant.

NFL/pro football in the US is so ingrained in the culture of Sundays in the fall.  An upstart league is already well behind the eight ball because they can't horn in on that.  Couple that with the insane money in the NFL, and you can't approach the talent level cause they can't afford it.

LIV has the money to attract talent.  There is no barrier to entry in terms of scheduling (other than directly against majors).

MU82

• All American
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2022, 09:58:34 AM »
I'm not saying I'm sold on LIV, but the differences between that and the NFL vs XFL/USFL/AAF are super significant.

NFL/pro football in the US is so ingrained in the culture of Sundays in the fall.  An upstart league is already well behind the eight ball because they can't horn in on that.  Couple that with the insane money in the NFL, and you can't approach the talent level cause they can't afford it.

LIV has the money to attract talent.  There is no barrier to entry in terms of scheduling (other than directly against majors).

Agree 100%.

I admit that I underestimated the threat to the PGA Tour at first. I now think it's a very real threat. There is nothing stopping LIV from luring most of the top-50 players, as well as up-and-coming young players. They've already started.

I don't think this is one iota like the XFL, etc.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2022, 10:06:29 AM »
Agree 100%.

I admit that I underestimated the threat to the PGA Tour at first. I now think it's a very real threat. There is nothing stopping LIV from luring most of the top-50 players, as well as up-and-coming young players. They've already started.

I don't think this is one iota like the XFL, etc.

As long as they are willing to lose a crap ton of money on the front end. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow