[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70255 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #250 on: May 05, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »
Rico

Good call on his relationship with his wife. I would buy the book on that topic in a heartbeat. As for the gambling and insider trading, I would be shocked if the number was not under reported.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2022, 07:10:43 PM »
Rico

Good call on his relationship with his wife. I would buy the book on that topic in a heartbeat. As for the gambling and insider trading, I would be shocked if the number was not under reported.

Billy Walters has a book coming out this summer that will expound on the insider trading topic and gambling losses.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #252 on: May 05, 2022, 07:17:24 PM »
Rico

This is insane Goose.  Think about that number?  If you haven't seen the film Owming Mahony I would highly recommend it.  Phillip Seymour Hoffman was phenomenal in this role.  What an incredible talent and a terrible loss.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #253 on: May 05, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »
Rico

his wife was kinda hawt...i could see phil coming home with a couple more to complete the foursome and play a few holes anyway :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #254 on: May 05, 2022, 08:00:05 PM »
Rumor has it he excels on the back 9, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2022, 08:07:34 PM »
I don't think people care about Phil's Eyes Wide Shut escapades but I suppose I could be wrong.  40m in 4 years is absolutely incredible....and maybe it's more than that.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2022, 08:11:19 PM »
I don't think people care about Phil's Eyes Wide Shut escapades but I suppose I could be wrong.  40m in 4 years is absolutely incredible....and maybe it's more than that.

It’s more than that.

Not really clipped anywhere because it’s not as salacious is why him and Bones broke up.  Bones fired him over hundred of thousands of dollars in unpaid back pay

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2022, 08:16:30 PM »
It’s more than that.

Not really clipped anywhere because it’s not as salacious is why him and Bones broke up.  Bones fired him over hundred of thousands of dollars in unpaid back pay

I did just read that.  What an absolute disgrace if those reports are true. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #258 on: May 05, 2022, 08:22:45 PM »
I did just read that.  What an absolute disgrace if those reports are true.

It won’t matter.  At some point, all will be forgiven and he’ll get a heroes welcome.  It’s what we do with athletes/stars in this country.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #259 on: May 05, 2022, 09:48:04 PM »
It’s more than that.

I think Phil been broke for some time. He just couldn't pay Bones at that point. Bones dumped Phil in mid-2017. By then, Phil hadn't won on Tour since 2014. Phil replaced Bones with his brother. It was spun at the time as a trusted voice on the bag, but in reality it was just a cost cutting move.

It also makes sense why Phil would be so desperate to get involved with an insider trading scheme. Why he sold off his jet in 2019. Why he's taking the Saudi cash grab.

Billy Waters book is going to be something.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 09:50:02 PM by RJax55 »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »

I'm still not sure why Phil was chastised for his Saudi comments. Nothing he said was false. He should have been credited for speaking up, not chastised.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2022, 10:03:04 PM »
I'm still not sure why Phil was chastised for his Saudi comments. Nothing he said was false. He should have been credited for speaking up, not chastised.

Wait a minute....didn't he make those comments about the Saudis but then support playing for that tour?   I guess I'm confused.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2022, 10:35:40 PM »
Wait a minute....didn't he make those comments about the Saudis but then support playing for that tour?   I guess I'm confused.

Yeah, that part was weird and didn't make sense. But he was chastised for his criticism of the Saudi's, which was actually accurate.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2022, 10:48:26 PM »
Yeah, that part was weird and didn't make sense. But he was chastised for his criticism of the Saudi's, which was actually accurate.

I don't disagree with you .  I have no idea what his yearly earnings were but they had to be astounding in his prime.  The fact that he didn't pay his caddie (if reports are correct) is amazing to me.  How is that legal?  It's beyond bizarre. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2022, 04:47:04 AM »

He was chastised for staying in bed with them and actively working with them to sabotage the PGA Tour by having his lawyers draw up the LIV Tour charter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2022, 08:00:59 AM »
Another past-his-primer crying about the PGA Tour and looking forward to joining hands with the Saudis ...

Mercurial PGA star Sergio Garcia hit a wayward tee shot on No. 10 at the Wells Fargo Championship on Thursday which ended up ruled as out of bounds, even though Garcia found the ball. A rules official declared Garcia had used up the time limit to find the ball, which prompted the Spaniard to go off: "I can't wait to leave this tour. Can't wait to get outta here. A couple more weeks, and I won't have to deal with you anymore," Garcia said, presumably to the rules official.

Don't let the lob wedge hit you on the way out.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »
Another past-his-primer crying about the PGA Tour and looking forward to joining hands with the Saudis ...

Mercurial PGA star Sergio Garcia hit a wayward tee shot on No. 10 at the Wells Fargo Championship on Thursday which ended up ruled as out of bounds, even though Garcia found the ball. A rules official declared Garcia had used up the time limit to find the ball, which prompted the Spaniard to go off: "I can't wait to leave this tour. Can't wait to get outta here. A couple more weeks, and I won't have to deal with you anymore," Garcia said, presumably to the rules official.

He’s a loser

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2022, 08:25:50 AM »
I was a little surprised to read that most of the LIV tournaments scheduled are in the United States.   I'm sure the PGA tour needs to make changes but I can't imagine anyone will really care this Saudi tour or it's a threat to the PGA. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2022, 08:26:32 AM »
I was a little surprised to read that most of the LIV tournaments scheduled are in the United States.   I'm sure the PGA tour needs to make changes but I can't imagine anyone will really care this Saudi tour or it's a threat to the PGA.

It’s a threat because the Saudis can lose millions of dollars and not care

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2022, 08:32:54 AM »
It’s a threat because the Saudis can lose millions of dollars and not care

This seems a lot like the football leagues that try and compete with the NFL. The only way I see it working is if enough people like Phil to want to watch him. The other names don’t really seem like anyone to tune in for over another PGA event.

Also, I see two events will be played at Trump courses. I could see that drawing some people in, but not sure if it will be enough to really threaten the PGA.

I’m also not sure what network it will be on. I feel if it’s not on local television like other golf, most people won’t make the effort to find it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2022, 08:35:25 AM »
This seems a lot like the football leagues that try and compete with the NFL. The only way I see it working is if enough people like Phil to want to watch him. The other names don’t really seem like anyone to tune in for over another PGA event.

Also, I see two events will be played at Trump courses. I could see that drawing some people in, but not sure if it will be enough to really threaten the PGA.

I’m also not sure what network it will be on. I feel if it’s not on local television like other golf, most people won’t make the effort to find it.

Possibly.  Again, unlike upstart leagues in other sports, the money here is endless. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2022, 08:56:57 AM »

The PGA came out after and apologized for making a mistake on the time limit.

https://www.pgatour.com/ground-rules/2022/05/05/sergio-garcia-ruling-wells-fargo-championship-tpc-potomac-at-avenel-farm.html

So by being a boorish jerk, Garcia let his own stupid comment supersede the basis of his gripe, where he was vindicated . Tak about snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:20:54 AM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2022, 09:01:42 AM »
The PGA came out after and apologized for making a mistake on the time limit.

https://www.pgatour.com/ground-rules/2022/05/05/sergio-garcia-ruling-wells-fargo-championship-tpc-potomac-at-avenel-farm.html

So by being a boorish jerk, Garcia let his own stupid comment supersede the basis of his gripe, where he was vindicated . Tak about steeling defeat from the Jaws of victory (or wise)

That’s because he’s a pampered f$&/

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2022, 10:10:42 AM »
What may draw some eyeballs to LIV is the different formats. I believe the PGA has only 2 events that are not 72 hole stroke play. I’d like to see a little more creativity on their part for trying new formats such as larger team or something with the LPGA 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #274 on: May 06, 2022, 10:18:15 AM »
Aside from the relatively small number of really avid golf fans, those who watch golf want to see 2 things:

++ Majors.

++ Tiger.

(Tiger contending at a major is the real gold.)

The Saudi tour could steal some eyeballs, sure, and maybe over time it will become something if they can lure enough big names -- as Rico says, they have money to burn -- but they won't have majors, and they won't have Tiger.

I think I'm a fairly typical casual golf fan. I watch the majors, and I'll watch some Ryder Cup. I'm not gonna be watching whatever PGA Tour event is taking place this weekend, and I'm sure as shyte not gonna be watching the old-timers playing for the Saudis.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback