'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: $20 tickets is back!  (Read 11598 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
$20 tickets is back!
« on: December 31, 2021, 04:44:07 PM »
Ring in the New Year and the start of BIG EAST Conference play with this great #MUBB ticket promotion !

Starting at 4:00 PM CT on Friday, December 31 through 2:00 PM CT on Saturday, January 1, all available tickets for remaining #MUBB games are ONLY $20 for 22 hours (some exclusions apply and offer excludes February 26 vs. Butler)! Ring in 2022 with Marquette Basketball!

Don't miss out on any of the action this season at Fiserv Forum!

For more information or details email athletics@marquette.edu or call/text the Marquette Ticket Office at 414.288.4668.

Happy New Year!!

https://offer.fevo.com/-mubb-new-year-s-ticket-special-20-tickets-for-22-hours--217282c?fevoUri=-mubb-new-year-s-ticket-special-20-tickets-for-22-hours--217282c%2F
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:17:13 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mu8891

• All American
Re: $20 for remaining games
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 05:02:59 PM »
Yah ...

I don’t think MU is having much luck selling tickets.  Lots of “ specials “ and lots of years of Apathy.

Here’s an example:

Last week my wife and I tried to find taker for MU v UCONN.  It was a late start, but very good opponent.

We tried 12 to 15 people... alums,
Random people... fans ... but
No Takers for 2 good lower level seats.

That’s a sad commentary on where
MU hoops is these days. #fact

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 05:07:28 PM »
Yah ...

I don’t think MU is having much luck selling tickets.  Lots of “ specials “ and lots of years of Apathy.

Here’s an example:

Last week my wife and I tried to find taker for MU v UCONN.  It was a late start, but very good opponent.

We tried 12 to 15 people... alums,
Random people... fans ... but
No Takers for 2 good lower level seats.

That’s a sad commentary on where
MU hoops is these days. #fact

Yeah, it will take some time and some winning.  Much easier to be motivated to go if you think your team has a pretty good chance to win.  Hopefully by the end of the year that will be the case.  Right now not so much and with Covid, even less.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 05:45:34 PM »
I can tell just from the number of empty seats around ours that they must have a lot fewer season ticket holders than two years ago.

I don’t think it helps that so many games are at inconvenient times, like 6PM and 8:15 on weeknights, which are either too early or too late for working people, including my 2 alumni daughters who usually alternate going to games with me.

11 AM on NYD isn’t the best either. I’m not sure if we will be going tomorrow, but I wouldn’t even waste my time trying to find someone to use them if we don’t go. (Anyone who might be interested in two free seats in section 222, row 5 (upper mid court) if we decide not to go can send me a PM.)

As much as we have enjoyed going to games for the last 20 years, we are talking about giving up the season tickets and just buying for some single games.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 05:53:00 PM »
Build that 10K on campus arena baby.

Defending national champion and current #1 team in the country Baylor is building a new arena that holds 7K fans.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
I personally think Covid has more to do with it than apathy.

panda

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 06:48:58 PM »
I can tell just from the number of empty seats around ours that they must have a lot fewer season ticket holders than two years ago.

I don’t think it helps that so many games are at inconvenient times, like 6PM and 8:15 on weeknights, which are either too early or too late for working people, including my 2 alumni daughters who usually alternate going to games with me.

11 AM on NYD isn’t the best either. I’m not sure if we will be going tomorrow, but I wouldn’t even waste my time trying to find someone to use them if we don’t go. (Anyone who might be interested in two free seats in section 222, row 5 (upper mid court) if we decide not to go can send me a PM.)

As much as we have enjoyed going to games for the last 20 years, we are talking about giving up the season tickets and just buying for some single games.

Games have always started at 6 or 8.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2021, 07:13:19 PM »

TV has a game at 6 and a game at 8 on weeknights.
Sorry they don’t have that 7:20 tip-off for you.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2021, 07:22:41 PM »
did we used to have all our games at 7? cause the 6 and 8 are just impossible apparently?

panda

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2021, 07:23:27 PM »
Weeknight games never start at 7.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 08:40:34 PM »

Wednesday, February 16th vs. Georgetown at Fiserv...7pm.

panda

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 08:42:26 PM »
Wednesday, February 16th vs. Georgetown at Fiserv...7pm.

*almost never lol

We should expect a sell out then !

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2021, 08:44:37 PM »
I'm sure they did back in Conference USA when games weren't on national tv.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2021, 08:47:31 PM »

Mayne they could play games in your driveway to make it super convenient for you!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2021, 09:50:13 PM »
Tons ( most ) games used to start at 7 ...

U guys can make light of it, but it’s almost impossible to even give away MU tickets.  That’s not good.  Lots of apathy.., not much winning... it’s a bad thing

I hope Shaka can turn it around.  I’m not yet convinced.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 10:33:54 PM »

Mayne they could play games in your driveway to make it super convenient for you!

7 PM on weeknights would be nice.

I understand that times  are now dictated by TV networks because that’s where the money is. The people in the stands are secondary.

If all games are televised and are played at odd times, more fans are going to choose to watch more games on TV.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2021, 10:54:40 PM »
Games have always started at 6 or 8.

I know that isn’t true.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 12:38:08 AM »

U guys can make light of it, but it’s almost impossible to even give away MU tickets.  That’s not good.  Lots of apathy.., not much winning... it’s a bad thing

Perfect. Weed out the fake fans.
VIOLENCE!

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 06:17:47 AM »

I have been at every MU home game since the 2003-2004 season (including those bunny OOC buy games) except for a handful when I have been out of the state. Our 3 daughters went to every single home game (with rare exceptions) while they were students,  and the 2 who live in the area still go to games with me.

If that makes us “fake fans”, so be it. But, if I were in the MU Athletic Department, I would be concerned that some of the “fake fans” who have attended games almost religiously for the better part of 20 years are thinking about cutting back on the number of games they attend. They might be seeing the attendance at some of those games with announced crowds of 13,000 (where the number of people actually there is substantially lower than that) drop even further.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2022, 06:59:25 AM »
From TV it always looks good to see a full venue.
Where is the money made for MU?
TV revenue or live spectators?

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 07:08:39 AM »
I have been at every MU home game since the 2003-2004 season (including those bunny OOC buy games) except for a handful when I have been out of the state. Our 3 daughters went to every single home game (with rare exceptions) while they were students,  and the 2 who live in the area still go to games with me.

Here is the 2003-04 game schedule.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2003-04

Home game start times:  8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 7:00, 5:30, 7:00, 8:00, 6:00, 11:00, 7:00, 8:00, 12:00, 6:00, 12:00

IMO people aren't going to the games for a number of reasons....television...Covid...apathy of some sort.  But game times doesn't look to be one of them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 07:47:40 AM »

Here is the 2003-04 game schedule.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2003-04

Home game start times:  8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 7:00, 5:30, 7:00, 8:00, 6:00, 11:00, 7:00, 8:00, 12:00, 6:00, 12:00

IMO people aren't going to the games for a number of reasons....television...Covid...apathy of some sort.  But game times doesn't look to be one of them.

Of course it isn’t the main reason for most people, but it is a significant factor for some. It isn’t going to affect students, who stay away for a lot of other reasons. And I don’t really care much myself because I’m retired, though I prefer 7 PM starts over sitting around in the early evening waiting to go to the game.

But game times can be important for people based on where they live and their work situations, and 7 PM seems to strike the best balance on weeknights.  I would assume that’s why the Brewers start their weeknight games at 6:40 or 7:10, and MU and the Bucks  to start their games that aren’t on one of the national TV networks at 7.

I can’t imagine that MU would ever schedule a game at 11 AM it weren’t for national TV considerations and/or needing to finish a game in time to get out of the way for the Bucks to take over.

BTW, I note that your list of start times includes several  Friday and Saturday nights, where later start times are not a factor for people who are otherwise concerned about having to get up early for work the next day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 08:19:45 AM by wisblue »

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2022, 07:57:08 AM »
Every game has "national TV considerations" because every game will be televised nationally when all is said and done.  But when it comes down to it, willingness to go to a 7:00 game, but not an 8:00 game because it's too late is a bit weak.  Brewer games routinely last past 10:00 with a 7:00 first pitch.  An 8:00 tip is likely to finish earlier.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 07:57:31 AM »

lol people aren’t fake fans because they’re frustrated with the state of the program and the lack of winning anything for nearly a decade.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2022, 08:04:41 AM »
I will also point out that declines in attendance are happening all over college basketball.  This isn't just a Marquette trend that can be attributed to apathy.  Average attendance saw a more than 10% decline between 2009 and 2019.  My guess is that the pandemic accelerated those declines both because people don't want to go out, and because people didn't go last year and didn't really miss it.

Is some of this due to lack of recent success?  No doubt.  But these are issues that college athletic departments are dealing with all over.

feedback