[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Breaking BB News!!  (Read 2708 times)

oilcan

• Team Captain
Breaking BB News!!
« on: December 29, 2021, 09:44:05 PM »
Breaking BB News!!!   Monday, December 27, 2021
Sorces say: Texas men's basketball freshman Jaylon Tyson has entered the  transfer portal.
Tyson, who was ranked No. 31 in the ESPN 100 for the class of 2021, entered the portal Monday afternoon.  A 6-foot-7 wing from John Paul II High School (Texas), Tyson is a versatile wing who earned first-team all-state honors in Texas as a junior and senior in high school. He originally signed with Texas Tech in the fall of his senior year, but reopened his recruitment and followed head coach Chris Beard when he left the Red Raiders for Texas.

Tyson started his college career with 11 points and three rebounds in 14 minutes against Houston Baptist in Texas' season opener, but only scored three total points in his next seven games. He struggled to find a consistent role on a Longhorns team that returned two starters from its Big 12 tournament championship squad and signed six of the top 35 transfers in the country last spring.

I don’t remember a great player at MU that didn’t start as a freshman. Just look at Justin Lewis. If I’m not starting as a freshman, I’m looking somewhere else. If you remember, I said that a few days ago right here. This outstanding player needs a new home. And it should be 1250 W. Wisconsin Avenue.  How quickly can he play for another team? One of you will know. I can’t keep up with all the new rules. Or have an opinion. Haha. I would think Shaka would have a recollection of Jaylon. I would be on the phone- like yesterday. Smart guys on this forum say MU needs transfers to catch up with the competition because MU doesn’t recruit as well as other schools. I agree, but I’d rather see the team recruit freshman. One question: If Tyson transferred to MU who would get cut to make room? That should keep you kids busy for awhile. 

panda

• All American
Re: Breaking BB News!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 09:45:28 PM »
What are your thoughts on the bank shot Oilcan?

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 09:50:15 PM »
Doesn't seem like he sticks with anything very long.

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 09:50:56 PM »
Carefull what  you  wish for. Could be good reasons he isn't playing.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 09:57:57 PM »
MU has an open scholie. Not a Shaka recruit, though.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 10:05:43 PM »
I miss the turn around jump shot from 16 feet. I know bb has changed because threes are more exciting and I've seen the studies that suggest teams that hit this pct of 3s will out score a team that hits this pct of 2s. I don't care what anyone else says: I want a team that can run a half-court offense inside. Push butt.  Give me Jae Crowder any day of the week.  Being physical in the paint. Of course, I enjoy a fast break. But don't pull up and shoot a three unless you're down by 20 or up by 20. I want a player that can hit a mid-range shot. I watched Tyler Hansbrough warm up before games shooting 15 shots from the right corner of the lane and then shoot 15 shots from the left corner. The other team warmed up doing 360 dunks. And lost by 25.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 10:14:49 PM »
Cut no one. Open schollie
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 10:28:14 PM »
Dr. Blackheart- I'm embarrassed. He was a Chris Beard recruit. It's right there in the article. DUH. And he is bouncing around quite a bit like MUUMUWM and mileskishnish said.  Why take a chance? I'll tell you why. Take advantage of any situation. I'd run over my mother-in-law if she was crossing the street and the light was yellow. She should have looked both ways!! I guess I'm always in too much of a hurry. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 11:59:37 PM »
I'd run over my mother-in-law if she was crossing the street and the light was yellow. She should have looked both ways!! I guess I'm always in too much of a hurry.

I think this is the part of the thread that needs the most follow up. Is this a malign desire? Would it apply to anyone crossing said street? Did you drive 17 miles out of your way to be on that street in that moment? Would you do the same for my mother in law?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 03:53:29 AM »
Boyd, we share mothers-in-laws, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 06:09:50 AM »
Carefull what  you  wish for. Could be good reasons he isn't playing.

Could be.

Or it could be like Quinerly, who could barely get on the floor at Nova but has become a star at Alabama. Sometimes guys just need a change.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 06:30:01 AM »
I miss the turn around jump shot from 16 feet. I know bb has changed because threes are more exciting and I've seen the studies that suggest teams that hit this pct of 3s will out score a team that hits this pct of 2s. I don't care what anyone else says: I want a team that can run a half-court offense inside. Push butt.  Give me Jae Crowder any day of the week.  Being physical in the paint. Of course, I enjoy a fast break. But don't pull up and shoot a three unless you're down by 20 or up by 20. I want a player that can hit a mid-range shot. I watched Tyler Hansbrough warm up before games shooting 15 shots from the right corner of the lane and then shoot 15 shots from the left corner. The other team warmed up doing 360 dunks. And lost by 25.

Ew.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 07:11:36 AM »
All that matters is the ball going through the hoop.
They could do it underhand, Rick Barry style or a two-handed set shot for all I care.
Better than an uncontested missed dunk that could have given us the lead in a game.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 09:18:22 AM by NCMUFan »

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2021, 09:08:52 AM »
Dr. Blackheart- I'm embarrassed. He was a Chris Beard recruit. It's right there in the article. DUH. And he is bouncing around quite a bit like MUUMUWM and mileskishnish said.  Why take a chance? I'll tell you why. Take advantage of any situation. I'd run over my mother-in-law if she was crossing the street and the light was yellow. She should have looked both ways!! I guess I'm always in too much of a hurry.
At least you did not say your mother.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 09:11:07 AM »
At least you did not say your mother.

Just a little bit of 'light' murder!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 10:57:26 AM »