[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kolek Proving to be an A-10 Quality Guard  (Read 16326 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Kolek Proving to be an A-10 Quality Guard
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2021, 08:08:43 AM »
No I mean letting Markus go home during team workouts and Markus repeatedly going off script while he was clearly banged up with no recourse.

Your Herro point really makes my point. Wojo was probably the softest of them all in the situation. He wanted to please everyone and in trying to do so, really pleased no one.

If the Hausers were mad that Howard got to go home because he had a mental health crisis and went to be with his family to work on it than f*ck the Hausers and anyone who buys into their crap
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:12:44 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2021, 08:09:22 AM »
No I mean letting Markus go home during team workouts and Markus repeatedly going off script while he was clearly banged up with no recourse.

Your Herro point really makes my point. Wojo was probably the softest of them all in the situation. He wanted to please everyone and in trying to do so, really pleased no one.

Had Wojo not made what you call a "concession and exception," it could have severely hurt Markus and, by extension, the team. Markus spoke very openly about his mental health issue, and he needed to be near family. If Wojo pressured Markus into staying in Milwaukee and Markus then had a breakdown (or worse), Wojo would have been guilty of negligence (maybe not legally so, but he would have been). So there's that myth exposed for the umpteenth time; the only reason to keep pushing that false narrative is dislike of Markus and/or Wojo.

As for your Herro point ... if Wojo recruits and lands Herro, the Hausers might defect and Wojo would be criticized. So he decides to keep the Hausers happy, theoretically helping team chemistry, and we use a 20-2 stretch to get into the top 10. Then The Lettermen start singing, and that's Wojo's fault, too.

And you know what ... much (maybe most) IS Wojo's fault because he's the coach and the buck always stops with the coach and ego management is a huge part of his job and that's why coaches get the big bucks. But don't make it sound like dealing with the Hausers was a picnic, as opposed to the way Wojo supposedly made "concessions and exceptions" for an All-American.

Nice to get to discuss this for the 8,553rd time. We were all getting tired of the Kolek debate, anyway.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

panda

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2021, 08:15:03 AM »
Yeah, letting Markus go home over the summer to stay with family and be close to his doctor during a mental breakdown was soft of Wojo.

Except Wojo didn’t frame it as such to the team.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2021, 08:21:22 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2021, 08:22:49 AM »

Well, how he framed it was a communication problem.  (And it wasn't really the team's business to know.)  Not a "special concession to keep him happy."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2021, 08:30:16 AM »

Well, how he framed it was a communication problem.  (And it wasn't really the team's business to know.)  Not a "special concession to keep him happy."

He framed it incorrectly and by doing so, it appeared to the team as if it was a special concession.

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2021, 08:32:00 AM »
He framed it incorrectly and by doing so, it appeared to the team as if it was a special concession.

I get that.  But you parroted the miscommunication instead of stating what actually happened.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2021, 08:35:52 AM »
Wojo's fault was roster construction.  Based on what he had on the roster, anyone who thinks Markus Howard should not have had the "ultimate green light" isn't paying attention to what Joey Hauser is doing at MSU, or what anyone else on the roster not named Sam Hauser is as a basketball player.  Sam was very good.  He got plenty of opportunities.  Everyone else?  Meh.  Joey was the third best player...and 3 years later, playing for a Hall of Fame coach, he's still not a good college basketball player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2021, 08:40:32 AM »
I do think Wojo relied a little too much on a star system versus an offense that had more movement.  But that certainly was not Markus' fault.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2021, 08:42:15 AM »

Because he would have been in violation of medical privacy laws and would have been fired.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »

Look, you're wrong. Just accept it and move on.

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2021, 08:49:02 AM »
And wasn't there like 10 months between when Markus went home and the Hausers left?  And didn't Markus open up about the mental health issues a few months before they left?

I mean, if they still viewed it as a "special concession" at that point, then that's on them.  (But I don't think that's why they left.)

panda

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2021, 08:58:20 AM »
Because he would have been in violation of medical privacy laws and would have been fired.

Saying he’s going through something and needs to be at home isn’t a hipaa violation.

panda

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2021, 08:58:56 AM »
Look, you're wrong. Just accept it and move on.

I have extremely reliable first hand information. You read a message board.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2021, 09:02:58 AM »
your source? Or is this all conjecture bs?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2021, 09:06:26 AM »

I have extremely reliable first hand information that you're wrong. You're a guy on a message board.

panda

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »
I have extremely reliable first hand information that you're wrong. You're a guy on a message board.

Is that the same source that told you there was no way wojo would be fired ?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2021, 09:37:41 AM »
So is Wojo making Kolek an A10 guard because the Hausers wrote him a letter telling him to? Or is Wojo making Kolek an A10 guard because Markus got to go home.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:27:23 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2021, 09:39:56 AM »
So is Wojo making Kolek an A10 guard because the Hausers wrote Gina letter telling him to? Or is Wojo making Kolek an A10 guard because Markus got to go home.

It’s been awhile, like a week since we’ve argued this.  Let’s see what exciting new path this one takes.

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2021, 09:42:00 AM »
Shots fired pew pew.

I’ve got 0 reliable information outside of my own senses but I loved Markus as a person and player, and I loved Sam as a person and player, and I was rooting for Wojo and MU to succeed.

I know nothing about Joey personally but unfortunately I had a feeling from the first open practice I saw him at that he was a little you know what. Then we saw it again and again and again during games.

Markus was a chucker, but Markus was also an All American getting all the headlines. The fact that anyone would do anything in the middle of an amazing season behind the scenes to fu*k that up is just absolutely devastating.

That could have been an amazing and historical season, and the true answer is that everyone involved has some fault. Jealousy/bitterness and personal pride are a sonovabitch that can derail any rapidly moving train. Wojo lost control and it all snowballed on him and the team

*** Had to edit this to say I was actually getting tired of talking/reading about Kolek. Great spot to take an already exhausted topic and hijack another that was heading that way
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 09:43:42 AM by DoctorV »

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2021, 09:43:54 AM »
I think what we're trying to say is... Markus playing in the A-10 could have kept the Hausers from writing a letter because they'd never play with Kolek and the Hausers mom knew about a guy who had cancer and was in a locker room once so they'd have to transfer schools anyway while Wojo became head coach at Duke.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2021, 09:53:19 AM »
Flow chart for that one, please, UWM2MU.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2021, 09:58:46 AM »
Shots fired pew pew.

I’ve got 0 reliable information outside of my own senses but I loved Markus as a person and player, and I loved Sam as a person and player, and I was rooting for Wojo and MU to succeed.

I know nothing about Joey personally but unfortunately I had a feeling from the first open practice I saw him at that he was a little you know what. Then we saw it again and again and again during games.

Markus was a chucker, but Markus was also an All American getting all the headlines. The fact that anyone would do anything in the middle of an amazing season behind the scenes to fu*k that up is just absolutely devastating.

That could have been an amazing and historical season, and the true answer is that everyone involved has some fault. Jealousy/bitterness and personal pride are a sonovabitch that can derail any rapidly moving train. Wojo lost control and it all snowballed on him and the team

*** Had to edit this to say I was actually getting tired of talking/reading about Kolek. Great spot to take an already exhausted topic and hijack another that was heading that way

Sorry - I just get fired up when people start blaming the kids in the situation when the head man grossly mismanaged the situation from the start.

• All American
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2021, 10:00:16 AM »

Ugh.  You don't get it.

It doesn't matter what Wojo told anyone.  He did not grant Markus anything special, which was the root of your thesis to begin with.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2021, 10:18:37 AM »
Saying he’s going through something and needs to be at home isn’t a hipaa violation.

I didn't mention that law as Wojo isn't a MD. ADA for starters.

feedback