Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU basketball bizzaro gamedays  (Read 4257 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: MU basketball bizzaro gamedays
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2021, 06:45:18 PM »
I remember that ND blizzard game. Was that right after Christmas break?

Yes, that's what I said earlier. As a result, we didn't even have a full compliment of students there.

Eff ND. At least we beat 'em each of my last 3 years at MU -- including Rivers' half-court winner, my single favorite Marquette play of those I witnessed in person.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2021, 07:17:03 PM »
Today is going to go down as one of the strangest. The day started off learning of the time change, scrambling around to see who in the family could attend and planning my long pregame. Shortly after getting everything dialed in I got a call from my brother in law saying he wanted to go to the game with us, no problem except he needs a wheelchair to get around in this type of environment.

So, since he is the sole reason why I am an MU basketball fan for a half century I had to find a wheelchair for him, he is using a walker around the house. After fiddling around for a few hours I was able to rent a wheelchair and restructure my pregame activities.

While the day has been hectic and confusing, I cannot wait to get my brother in law into the Fiserv. I could never thank him enough for the countless MU experiences he provided me and I hope this former Warrior sees MU beat the fxxk out of UCLA. Also, he provided a great bar for me to drink at while at MU.

I will gladly shorten my pregame to spend tonight with him. Another silver lining, this reminds me of the last MU game I went to with my Dad and still makes me tear up. So, if you see a guy pushing a tall guy in a wheelchair, that will be me.

Brother Goose:

Your story is especially heartening. I sincerely appreciate what you're doing.

About a week ago, I fell on my ankle, broke a bone and dislocated my angle. I had surgery on Sunday and, like your brother-in-law, am using a walker. As I write this, I am typing from a wheelchair, which I will be in with the walker for five to seven more weeks.

I trust that whatever your Brother-in-Law's physical issues are, they will be resolved soon. In the meantime, I admire your commitment to your family and to our Warriors.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2021, 07:17:38 PM »
Yes, that's what I said earlier. As a result, we didn't even have a full compliment of students there.

Eff ND. At least we beat 'em each of my last 3 years at MU -- including Rivers' half-court winner, my single favorite Marquette play of those I witnessed in person.

I’m jealous. Tower and I were the same years (84-88) and went 0-8 against the Effing Domers. They had their own Rivers, David. OMG, I get worked up recalling the suffering.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:02:43 AM by mug644 »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 07:58:53 PM »
Today is going to go down as one of the strangest. The day started off learning of the time change, scrambling around to see who in the family could attend and planning my long pregame. Shortly after getting everything dialed in I got a call from my brother in law saying he wanted to go to the game with us, no problem except he needs a wheelchair to get around in this type of environment.

So, since he is the sole reason why I am an MU basketball fan for a half century I had to find a wheelchair for him, he is using a walker around the house. After fiddling around for a few hours I was able to rent a wheelchair and restructure my pregame activities.

While the day has been hectic and confusing, I cannot wait to get my brother in law into the Fiserv. I could never thank him enough for the countless MU experiences he provided me and I hope this former Warrior sees MU beat the fxxk out of UCLA. Also, he provided a great bar for me to drink at while at MU.

I will gladly shorten my pregame to spend tonight with him. Another silver lining, this reminds me of the last MU game I went to with my Dad and still makes me tear up. So, if you see a guy pushing a tall guy in a wheelchair, that will be me.

Goose

Give my best to B - counting on you guys to bring home a W!

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2021, 08:22:02 PM »
Brother Goose:

Your story is especially heartening. I sincerely appreciate what you're doing.

About a week ago, I fell on my ankle, broke a bone and dislocated my angle. I had surgery on Sunday and, like your brother-in-law, am using a walker. As I write this, I am typing from a wheelchair, which I will be in with the walker for five to seven more weeks.

I trust that whatever your Brother-in-Law's physical issues are, they will be resolved soon. In the meantime, I admire your commitment to your family and to our Warriors.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2021, 11:34:10 PM »
Thanks all for the kind words. I have been to hundreds of MU games with brother in law, over 50 road games and a dozen or so NCAA games and tonight was the best ever. We did not get the W, but a memory of a lifetime. Sitting courtside for UCLA with a guy that I used to wear his uniform to shoot hoops in our driveway was a highlight that I am very thankful for. Special thanks to MU basketball program,  our HC Shaka Smart and Mike R. for a great night.

Dgies-I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Lenny- I sent regards to B and he definitely was happy to hear it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2021, 12:03:49 AM »
I’m jealous. Tower and I were the same years (84-88) and went 0-8 against the Eff Domers. They had there own Rivers, David. OMG, I get worked up recalling the suffering.

Only got them twice during 94-98, once at home. 2-0 but man, I wish we’d gotten them every year.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thank you. It's irritating but I'll be fine.

I appreciate your encouragement and that of Goose.

feedback