collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022 MLB Thread  (Read 123324 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: 2022 MLB Thread
« Reply #1375 on: September 20, 2022, 10:58:52 PM »
Giving up 7 runs on 4 hits is a great way to play yourself out of a playoff appearance
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1376 on: September 20, 2022, 11:49:04 PM »
Sox loss tonight is a 3 game swing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1377 on: September 20, 2022, 11:55:35 PM »
Sox loss tonight is a 3 game swing.

Cleveland was victimized by a terrible call at the plate that robbed them of the go-ahead run in the 7th inning; they were out of challenges so the call stood.

And yet they still won in 11 innings and now have a 5-game lead with 14 to play.

Bad calls happen. Bad calls suck. Teams have many opportunities to overcome bad calls, and good teams do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1378 on: September 21, 2022, 12:02:39 AM »
Cleveland was victimized by a terrible call at the plate that robbed them of the go-ahead run in the 7th inning; they were out of challenges so the call stood.

And yet they still won in 11 innings and now have a 5-game lead with 14 to play.

Bad calls happen. Bad calls suck. Teams have many opportunities to overcome bad calls, and good teams do.

In reality, it is a 6 game lead. The win gave the season series to Cleveland. With no playoffs for ties, the Sox have to finish a game ahead of Cleveland to get in the playoffs.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1379 on: September 21, 2022, 04:12:25 AM »
60 for Judge.

Count me in the camp that finds it absolutely comical MLB is allowing the possibility he goes for 62(or even 61) on Appletv Friday.

But he’s not going for a record on Friday. He’d still be short.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1380 on: September 21, 2022, 05:50:57 AM »
So do we assume that Judge is “clean,” and that he is about to become the all-time, non-roided HR king?

He doesn’t play for the Cardinals, so it’s more likely he’s clean
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1381 on: September 21, 2022, 07:09:51 AM »
I want to believe it too, Lenny.

Judge is on the precipice of having a 65+ HR season, possibly as part of a Triple Crown performance, as well as being the unquestioned leader of a division winner. It's really one of the most remarkable offensive seasons in history. Truly uncharted territory. I sure hope he doesn't make fans like you and me regret being awed by those accomplishments with revelations that surface down the line.

So will he be playing for the Yankees next season? How many free agents have stellar seasons only to under perform after they get the big payday.

Yes, I am a Yankee fan. This season and his rookie season have been the only two seasons of note for Judge and has been on the DL, some for long stretches in past seasons. So I am wondering if he is worth signing by the Yanks or any other team for that matter if he demands a big contract.

I know everyone in the New York area loves the season this guy is having, but will it translate to long term success is my question.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 07:13:03 AM by muwarrior69 »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1382 on: September 21, 2022, 07:12:07 AM »
The Guardians are a lot of fun to watch. Obviously, winning is more fun to watch than losing. After going to my first game of the season last Tuesday, we caught our second game on Friday. It's fun because I honestly had no idea that my 23-year old daughter loves baseball. It's even got me thinking about picking up a 20-game plan for next season.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1383 on: September 21, 2022, 07:15:31 AM »
The GuarIndians are a lot of fun to watch. Obviously, winning is more fun to watch than losing. After going to my first game of the season last Tuesday, we caught our second game on Friday. It's fun because I honestly had no idea that my 23-year old daughter loves baseball. It's even got me thinking about picking up a 20-game plan for next season.

There fixed it for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1384 on: September 21, 2022, 07:19:02 AM »
 ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 07:29:12 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1385 on: September 21, 2022, 07:23:43 AM »
So will he be playing for the Yankees next season? How many free agents have stellar seasons only to under perform after they get the big payday.

Yes, I am a Yankee fan. This season and his rookie season have been the only two seasons of note for Judge and has been on the DL, some for long stretches in past seasons. So I am wondering if he is worth signing by the Yanks or any other team for that matter if he demands a big contract.

I know everyone in the New York area loves the season this guy is having, but will it translate to long term success is my question.

When he has been healthy, he has been a major impact player. But no, we can't predict the future with 100% certainty. Judge bet on himself this season and won.

There fixed it for you.

Change is very difficult and threatening for some, but you'll survive this one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1386 on: September 21, 2022, 07:51:34 AM »
But he’s not going for a record on Friday. He’d still be short.

Incorrect.

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

• All American
« Reply #1387 on: September 21, 2022, 07:55:28 AM »
If MLB says the record is 73, the record is 73.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1388 on: September 21, 2022, 08:12:45 AM »

If the American league says AL record is 61, the record is 61

• All American
« Reply #1389 on: September 21, 2022, 08:15:20 AM »
We still have people who think there is a difference between AL records and NL records?  How quaint and adorable!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1390 on: September 21, 2022, 08:17:01 AM »
We still have people who think there is a difference between AL records and NL records?  How quaint and adorable!

Yes, literally everyone following baseball. Except you but I mean, it appears you need to get a brush up on the english language anyways.

Because by definition of the word record. It qualifies. Adorable!

• All American
« Reply #1391 on: September 21, 2022, 08:18:11 AM »
Yes, literally everyone following baseball. Except you but I mean, it appears you need to get a brush up on the english language anyways.

Because by definition of the word record. It qualifies. Adorable!

Sure I guess it's a "record" by the dictionary definition.  It's just not all that meaningful.  Maybe we can start tracking records by division too! 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 08:20:05 AM by Sultan Sultanberger »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1392 on: September 21, 2022, 08:19:26 AM »
Obviously not!

You don't follow much of anything. Its a common theme being contrary and wrong.

• All American
« Reply #1393 on: September 21, 2022, 08:20:30 AM »
You don't follow much of anything. Its a common theme being contrary and wrong.

Oh look who's lashing out again!  So adorable.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1394 on: September 21, 2022, 08:22:12 AM »
Oh look who's lashing out again!  So adorable.

Making a statement isnt lashing out.

Think the root problem here is clearly the english language education.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1395 on: September 21, 2022, 08:41:40 AM »
I feel like an AL-only record is a nice thing to flash along the bottom line and sell t-shirts for. Maybe Yankee fans care more about it since it’s Maris’ record.

For the vast majority of fans, I think 73 is the number that matters.

The Brewers have been pumping social media about Adames having the most homers by a shortstop. Is it a little silly? Yes. But something they can use to drum up interest, especially as the Brewers fall out of the playoffs.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1396 on: September 21, 2022, 08:54:03 AM »
When he has been healthy, he has been a major impact player. But no, we can't predict the future with 100% certainty. Judge bet on himself this season and won.

Change is very difficult and threatening for some, but you'll survive this one.

I was just wondering that if StillAWarrior is StillAWarrior that deep down is he StillAnIndian. So no, not threatening.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1397 on: September 21, 2022, 09:11:33 AM »

...and Lance Armstrong won 7 Tour de France titles.

• All American
« Reply #1398 on: September 21, 2022, 09:13:21 AM »
...and Lance Armstrong won 7 Tour de France titles.

He didn't. Those titles have been officially vacated.  Bonds' record still stands.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1399 on: September 21, 2022, 09:15:49 AM »

This is all very fair.  He's a blast to watch and I love that he's such a hoss because it makes it easier for my dumb brain to not think about steroids when I watch him jack bombs.  But hooo man its hard to feel great about paying Judge $300M over 10 years, especially while you've already got Stanton on the books for $30M+ per year for another half decade.  I think he still ends up a Yankee because its hard to see another team splashing out with enough of a premium to pry him away - I'd need to think about it harder but the Cards, Mariners, Giants, and maybe the Rangers (though at some point they have to pivot to getting some pitching) seem like options, and giving Judge that kind of contract doesn't seem like a Cards or Giants move. 

feedback