Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crow tastes good  (Read 17004 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Crow tastes good
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2021, 08:30:37 PM »
#protectthehouse

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 08:30:39 PM »
That was fun. Without the win, that was a culture-building game, and a lot of fun to boot. Didn't think they had the guys to get over the hump, but wow. Feels good to have guys giving it their all.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2021, 08:30:54 PM »
After many long years, I think we have a coach.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:25 PM »
AL LIVES!!!!!!!!

Thank God! We’ve taken the first step back……

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!!!! You made this old Warrior happy.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:39 PM »
Ugliest win over a top 10 team we've ever had!

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2021, 08:31:44 PM »
Really fun game to watch. Pleasure to have a real basketball coach and not a malfunctioning AI at the helm.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2021, 08:33:15 PM »
Tastes delicious.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2021, 08:36:01 PM »
Eat crow?  Are you kidding, I'm pretty certain my bulletin board material got them over the hump!

Great win!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2021, 08:36:05 PM »
That was fun. Without the win, that was a culture-building game, and a lot of fun to boot. Didn't think they had the guys to get over the hump, but wow. Feels good to have guys giving it their all.

Yep. I'm not sure we're good but I'm sure we have an identity and culture. Shaka built a likeable brand in just a few months. Really impressive.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2021, 08:38:53 PM »
I know free throws no matta, but it sure could have been a little easier if we’d have made some down the stretch. 

Great win Warriors!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2021, 08:39:58 PM »
Gonna be a lot of ups and downs this season, just gotta roll with the punches and enjoy these wins.

Pressured three veteran guards all game. The press looked so, so, good.

Excellent post. Even though we didn't "press" much in the second half, we kept very good pressure on whoever had the ball. Most of the time that was Curbelo, and he really was generous to us.

That was a fun win. It was frustrating to watch the missed FTs and the failure to come up with defensive boards, but the guys played effen hard.

I had some serious doubts about Kuath after watching the first two games, but he sure made a difference tonight.

Congrats to Shaka. He really had the guys ready, and he kept them into the game from the opening tap to the very end.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2021, 08:40:38 PM »
What, they scored more than 50 against quality competition?

And Morsell is really going to have to stop scoring to get down to his predicted 11 ppg average.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2021, 08:40:47 PM »
Eating crow is sweet.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2021, 08:44:36 PM »
Kind of fun when you have a coach that can...well...coach.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2021, 08:45:21 PM »
Excellent post. Even though we didn't "press" much in the second half, we kept very good pressure on whoever had the ball. Most of the time that was Curbelo, and he really was generous to us.

That was a fun win. It was frustrating to watch the missed FTs and the failure to come up with defensive boards, but the guys played effen hard.

I had some serious doubts about Kuath after watching the first two games, but he sure made a difference tonight.

Congrats to Shaka. He really had the guys ready, and he kept them into the game from the opening tap to the very end.
4-18 from the floor to go with his 7 TOs
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2021, 08:45:28 PM »
I had zero expectations for MU this year, none whatsoever. This team probably isn’t going to be good, but damn, they are going to play their tails off every night. This isn’t Texas Shaka, this is VCU Shaka, you can tell he genuinely feels a sense of freedom.

It’s the first time in a long time I know what MU basketball’s identity and brand are going to be, it’s refreshing. Great eff’n win, lots of fist pumping and high fives at my house tonight.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2021, 08:45:37 PM »

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2021, 08:46:02 PM »
The crowd seemed pretty decent on TV. How was it in person?

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2021, 08:46:36 PM »
NO MORE CROW SUPPORT THIS REGIME.

Coming at you live from FF.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »
Wojo threw a shoe through his tv tonight.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2021, 08:53:26 PM »
Fantastic.

Kolek and Kuath had some answers for their doubters tonight. Looks like they're going to be OK.

The old make more FT's than they take worked. Probably what bailed us out is forcing twice as many TO's as FT's we missed.

3-point shooting doesn't seem to be a strength. 19 for 70 on the year (27%).

Rebounding still a problem but I liked the adjustment at the under 8 in the 2nd half- "Find your man." Things were different after that.

It could be we're a team that plays to the level of our competition - that seems to be what we've seen. I didn't like that against the cupcakes, but if they can do it against top 10 talent, I think we're going to be happy with this squad.

Haven't seen this kind of energy from MU in, oh, say seven years. These kids seem to have bought in to Shaka and that psychs me up.

As my bride and I were exchanging high tens after the game, she said "I haven't been this excited about rooting for Marquette since I don't even know when!" I know just how she was feeling.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2021, 08:55:24 PM »
Holy cow is it fun to watch a MU team that feels like an "MU TEAM". Gritty. Defensive minded.

Was thinking the same thing.  The whole game the defense was tough.  They risked at times and got burned but wow.  Defense won.  Great great win for a team with an identity! This is MU basketball.    Now let’s get the rebounding, free throws and 3 point shooting fixed and this team will be a tough out.  Go Marquette! .   

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2021, 08:55:56 PM »
Really impressed with our toughness - played through a lot of adversity (much of which was of our own making) and (I repeat myself) refused to settle for the “moral victory”. There will be bumps due to inexperience and lack of talent in some areas but I love how these guys get after it!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2021, 08:56:03 PM »
Fantastic.

Kolek and Kuath had some answers for their doubters tonight. Looks like they're going to be OK.

The old make more FT's than they take worked. Probably what bailed us out is forcing twice as many TO's as FT's we missed.

3-point shooting doesn't seem to be a strength. 19 for 70 on the year (27%).

Rebounding still a problem but I liked the adjustment at the under 8 in the 2nd half- "Find your man." Things were different after that.

It could be we're a team that plays to the level of our competition - that seems to be what we've seen. I didn't like that against the cupcakes, but if they can do it against top 10 talent, I think we're going to be happy with this squad.

Haven't seen this kind of energy from MU in, oh, say seven years. These kids seem to have bought in to Shaka and that psychs me up.

As my bride and I were exchanging high tens after the game, she said "I haven't been this excited about rooting for Marquette since I don't even know when!" I know just how she was feeling.

I told my dad this last night. Either were SIUE/UNH level or we play to our competition

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2021, 09:01:21 PM »
Watched the Kolek steal replay. Definitely a pre-set trap play. Executed perfectly. Imagine winning a game with defense?