Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crow tastes good  (Read 17003 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Crow tastes good
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2021, 09:02:49 PM »
Watched the Kolek steal replay. Definitely a pre-set trap play. Executed perfectly. Imagine winning a game with defense?

Are you allowed to kick a ball to steal it?  Never seen that before, and thought the refs just missed it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »
Are you allowed to kick a ball to steal it?  Never seen that before, and thought the refs just missed it.

Soccer Rules

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2021, 09:04:41 PM »
If you can catch your own pass and pass it to a teammate for a three, you can shin a ball to steal it

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2021, 09:05:31 PM »
Fantastic win in a game that they had no business winning. Great coaching job by Shaka to recognize that their best way to win was to turn it into a slopfest, and then to pull it off.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 09:05:36 PM »
Watched the Kolek steal replay. Definitely a pre-set trap play. Executed perfectly. Imagine winning a game with defense?

We’ve talked about this extensively in the game day chat.  I am thrilled to say is it’s nice to be back to being a team that generates momentum from our defense. 

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2021, 09:06:07 PM »
Love the fitness level of the guys, love the high motors

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2021, 09:06:57 PM »
I expected a kicked ball whistle but never got a good look in the replays.

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2021, 09:07:52 PM »
Porky has been rolling in it for the last hour!   Great W but Porky's enthusiasm is still measured.   Not to be negative but lest we forget, we beat a 4th ranked Badger team around this time last year and we all remember how
last year's season ended so baby steps.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2021, 09:08:01 PM »
Elliott will help cover some of those holes like three point shooting and being in there at the end instead of Mitchell.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »

I was screaming at the guys to double, go for a steal and then foul if necessary. I was frustrated they weren't doing it, but they did as soon as the ball got into the frontcourt. Very nice!

It should have been called a kick IMHO. Glad it wasn't! That's the penalty for dribbling without knowing what's going on around you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Class71

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2021, 09:09:00 PM »
If the kick is not intentional they play on. Completely up to the ref as to what is an intentional kick and what is not.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2021, 09:11:14 PM »
I expected a kicked ball whistle but never got a good look in the replays.

MU wouldn't have had much of an argument if it was called a kick. Could have gone either way.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2021, 09:14:31 PM »
This. Unintentional kicks are not violations although I understand the board’s confusion as a many referees don’t seem to know that it has to be intentional to be a violation.  Proper no call.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2021, 09:17:41 PM »

Wojo’s not coming back to the bench, so i don’t expect massive regression as the season goes.

Porky has been rolling in it for the last hour!   Great W but Porky's enthusiasm is still measured.   Not to be negative but lest we forget, we beat a 4th ranked Badger team around this time last year and we all remember how
last year's season ended so baby steps.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2021, 09:21:25 PM »
This. Unintentional kicks are not violations although I understand the board’s confusion as a many referees don’t seem to know that it has to be intentional to be a violation.  Proper no call.

I know very well that unintentional kicks are not violations. But I think one could make a pretty good argument that was intentional ... and I think every Marquette fan would be making exactly that argument if the game was won for Illinois after one of their players had done the exact same thing.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2021, 09:24:48 PM »
I know very well that unintentional kicks are not violations. But I think one could make a pretty good argument that was intentional ... and I think every Marquette fan would be making exactly that argument if the game was won for Illinois after one of their players had done the exact same thing.

No question. I might even be in that crowd.  But we’d be wrong.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2021, 09:24:52 PM »
@MarquetteMBB: Relive the game winner from another angle‼️‼️

@KolekTyler

#MUBB | #WeAreMarquette https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1460446428107526145/video/1

As Jerry Seinfeld would say, "there was no kick"

No really, from this view there wasn't

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2021, 09:27:53 PM »

True, but to MUEng's point,  that jump out up the air and pass to yourself and then pass for a three was a terrible call too.  Evened out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2021, 09:29:22 PM »

@KolekTyler

#MUBB | #WeAreMarquette https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1460446428107526145/video/1

Interesting angle but I really couldn't tell about kick/no-kick from it.

True, but to MUEng's point,  that jump out up the air and pass to yourself and then pass for a three was a terrible call too.  Evened out.

Yeah, I was yellin' at the TV about that one.

It wasn't the best-officiated game. Thankfully, I thought we benefited from more could-go-either-way calls. That's what home cookin's supposed to be!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »

@KolekTyler

Hard to slow that down enough to tell for sure, but in this frame grab it's fairly close.  Now, I'm not really trying to make a big deal of it, was just a question.  I think we were gonna steal that ball anyway.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2021, 09:30:40 PM »
The crowd seemed pretty decent on TV. How was it in person?
I believe announcers were not at Fiserv. I got home to watch to Tyler steal. Volume wasn't the same as inside the building. Crowd was outstanding!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2021, 09:30:45 PM »
Free throws matta for my blood pressure.
Ring out ahoya!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2021, 09:34:47 PM »
The Warrior brand is back and sweet baby Jesus is that a welcome sight. Thank you Shaka. Great win boys!
No Finish Line

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2021, 09:36:35 PM »
 "Fans were a big factor…huge…we have guys in new roles…fans were huge…on the road…fantastic crowd…loud building….beautiful building…"

Brad Underwood (according to Dodds)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2021, 09:36:58 PM »
Hard to slow that down enough to tell for sure, but in this frame grab it's fairly close.  Now, I'm not really trying to make a big deal of it, was just a question.  I think we were gonna steal that ball anyway.
Good Lord you are truly a wet blanket.