[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22  (Read 80675 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NCAA Hoops Thread '21-22
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2021, 09:59:03 AM »
Buzz and Texas A &M playing the Badgers in the quarterfinals of the Maui Invitational in Las Vegas

Can they both lose?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »
Can they both lose?

Floor condensation?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2021, 10:41:59 AM »
BTW, Huggy’s rant on his team yesterday was a classic. Not sure how much ESPN showed. He called a time out five seconds away from a media timeout, and just went into a total verbal lambasting. The music was blaring in the arena so much so I couldn’t hear my friend next to me…but we could all hear Huggy. His vocabulary used words that even KO didn’t even know. He slammed and broke his clipboard so hard, broken pieces landed in the other team’s backcourt. Mind you, this was an extended time out.

Play resumed and after seconds the media time out kicked in. And off he went again. Then as a perfect dramatic actor would, used the last part to lay out the play and regroup his team. The main object of his rant was senior star Sean McNeil who I don’t think missed the rest of the night, but more importantly, started playing defense, which was the cause of the rant. Clemson never had a chance after that.

WVU fans miss the old BE. We mentioned that MU moving to a basketball only conference was a good move for us. They said, “hey, we are a basketball only school too”.  Even though they beat Texas, the distance between schools has killed any football fan mojo for them. Maybe the conference adds help a bit but their fans love their hoops.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2021, 11:45:16 AM »
BTW, Huggy’s rant on his team yesterday was a classic. Not sure how much ESPN showed. He called a time out five seconds away from a media timeout, and just went into a total verbal lambasting. The music was blaring in the arena so much so I couldn’t hear my friend next to me…but we could all hear Huggy. His vocabulary used words that even KO didn’t even know. He slammed and broke his clipboard so hard, broken pieces landed in the other team’s backcourt. Mind you, this was an extended time out.

Play resumed and after seconds the media time out kicked in. And off he went again. Then as a perfect dramatic actor would, used the last part to lay out the play and regroup his team. The main object of his rant was senior star Sean McNeil who I don’t think missed the rest of the night, but more importantly, started playing defense, which was the cause of the rant. Clemson never had a chance after that.

WVU fans miss the old BE. We mentioned that MU moving to a basketball only conference was a good move for us. They said, “hey, we are a basketball only school too”.  Even though they beat Texas, the distance between schools has killed any football fan mojo for them. Maybe the conference adds help a bit but their fans love their hoops.

Now that the last MU-Cincy clashes are 15+ years behind us and my blood has long since stopped boiling, I can't help but love Huggins.  He's a great coach, he's super amusing, and he's morphed into a pretty good dude by many accounts.

I also enjoy watching his WVU teams which seem to play different and with a different attitude than his Bearcat teams

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
Now that the last MU-Cincy clashes are 15+ years behind us and my blood has long since stopped boiling, I can't help but love Huggins.  He's a great coach, he's super amusing, and he's morphed into a pretty good dude by many accounts.

I also enjoy watching his WVU teams which seem to play different and with a different attitude than his Bearcat teams

he's still one of the dirtiest in the game. No admiration there.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2021, 06:51:21 PM »
What in the world is up with Illinois??

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2021, 07:10:05 PM »

They're doing us no favors.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2021, 07:23:16 PM »
I guess we can scout KSU.  Any predictions for the Gonzaga/UCLA game tomorrow?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2021, 07:25:25 PM »
I guess we can scout KSU.  Any predictions for the Gonzaga/UCLA game tomorrow?
I will be rooting for UCLA. Want them to be unbeaten when they face MU.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2021, 07:28:08 PM »

Curbello thinks he's Steph Curry.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2021, 07:30:26 PM »
Curbello thinks he's Steph Curry.

That's never a good sign.  Delusional?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2021, 07:39:24 PM »
That's never a good sign.  Delusional?

Unless you are actually Steph Curry. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2021, 07:52:16 PM »
Unless you are actually Steph Curry.

I think he's the most skilled offensive player in history.  He's not just "the best shooter".  I was able to watch him twice in pre-game (by himself ) pretty close to floor.  It's hard to really comprehend how ridiculous he is.  He took about 15 shots where he put crazy arc on the ball, several of which were like 24 foot runners both hard right/hard left.  I'm talking horse/dicking around shots.  He splashed like 12/15.  :)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2021, 07:52:38 PM »
If Lafayette hangs on to beat Rutgers, cancel the Big 10 season.

I’m not joking either.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2021, 07:59:43 PM »
If Lafayette hangs on to beat Rutgers, cancel the Big 10 season.

I’m not joking either.

Do you want to tell them or should I?  :)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2021, 08:00:16 PM »
Final: Lafayette 53, Rutgers 51

Rock bottom.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2021, 08:04:04 PM »
Final: Lafayette 53, Rutgers 51

Rock bottom.

KenPom had Rutgers as a 96% win probability and favored by 20.  That’s the worst loss of the season thus far
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »
KenPom had Rutgers as a 96% win probability and favored by 20.  That’s the worst loss of the season thus far

LOL.  Has the NET conf ratings come out yet?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2021, 08:08:30 PM »
Mid major.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2021, 08:09:13 PM »
To put how bad of a loss that was, Rutgers was booed off the court.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2021, 08:17:52 PM »
Arkansas has athletes.  Musselman seems to know what he's doing.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2021, 08:49:03 PM »
I think he's the most skilled offensive player in history.  He's not just "the best shooter".  I was able to watch him twice in pre-game (by himself ) pretty close to floor.  It's hard to really comprehend how ridiculous he is.  He took about 15 shots where he put crazy arc on the ball, several of which were like 24 foot runners both hard right/hard left.  I'm talking horse/dicking around shots.  He splashed like 12/15.  :)

I was at the Warriors/Blazers playoff game in 2016 when Curry came back from injury and dropped 17 in OT, 40 for the game. We all walked out of Moda amazed at what we’d just seen. The guy is a marvel.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2021, 10:39:05 PM »
I’ve listened to Lowe’s podcast pretty consistently for years now and on multiple occasions this season he or his guest have brought up the idea that people have wonder whether Curry could perform at the highest level without KD. How have we forgotten that Steph was a back to back MVP, once unanimous, an NBA champion, and followed that with a 73 win regular season and what would’ve been a back to back title if not for a suspension to Draymond, all before KD became a Warrior? Silly stuff.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2021, 11:03:50 PM »
I’ve listened to Lowe’s podcast pretty consistently for years now and on multiple occasions this season he or his guest have brought up the idea that people have wonder whether Curry could perform at the highest level without KD. How have we forgotten that Steph was a back to back MVP, once unanimous, an NBA champion, and followed that with a 73 win regular season and what would’ve been a back to back title if not for a suspension to Draymond, all before KD became a Warrior? Silly stuff.

I remember when I lived in Madison in 2008 listening to the beginning of the Davidson/UW S16 game  on the radio.  Mike Lucas said probably four times in the early moments: "Curry MAY be the best player on the floor but one guy can't beat a complete team."  That didn't exactly  come to pass for the weasel/rodents.  :) 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2021, 08:46:27 AM »
Arkansas has athletes.  Musselman seems to know what he's doing.

Musselman is a REALLY good coach who has won literally everywhere.  CBA, USBL, G Leadue, NBA, and College.  His NBA record is deceiving cause he was in 2 terrible situations but actually performed quite well all things considered, was runner up COY in GS.

He plays a really fun style of basketball down in Fayetteville and he's recruiting really well.  They are tough

feedback