[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

How many wins will MUBB have this year?

25+ wins! Dancing!
9 (3.7%)
20-24 wins! Dancing!!
41 (17%)
16-19 wins. Team Bubble Watch
134 (55.6%)
12-15 wins
48 (19.9%)
9-12 wins
9 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 241

Author Topic: The Shaka Era is happening!  (Read 19383 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: The Shaka Era is happening!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2021, 07:17:02 AM »
I think Kuath is going to get folks attention in a hurry.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 07:28:04 AM »

Kuath lead the Big XII in block % lay year while cutting his fouls committed per 40 from nearly 5 to 3.5.  He was also a top 15 offensive and defensive rebounder in the league.

Those numbers are better than what Theo did last year.  Theo had a TO rate of 24%, compared to Kua’s 13%.  Kua was a better player in a better league.  At the very least, he profiles as a potential All-Defensive Big East type player
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2021, 07:36:42 AM »

Hopefully not James Breeding's.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2021, 07:39:54 AM »
Hopefully not James Breeding's.

This earned a deserved LOL. Bravo.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2021, 07:48:44 AM »
I'm excited about this new era in Marquette basketball. Shaka is a breath of fresh air. I like the talent on this team. We're going to surprise a lot of people and go 21-10 and dance a couple rounds.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2021, 07:54:08 AM »
Kuath will definitely be a fan favorite. Man makes eye-popping plays on the regular. Don't know that he'll be in our top 3 best players but he'll be fun to watch for sure
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2021, 08:56:57 AM »
Tough schedule for a young team. I'm going with 13 wins.  If two young guards perform better than expected, I could see 17 wins.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2021, 09:28:05 AM »
Tough schedule for a young team. I'm going with 13 wins.  If two young guards perform better than expected, I could see 17 wins.

Kolek could be a pretty good player.  It’s a big step up, however, from playing the St. Louis of the world. There’s a lot to like from his freshman year.   
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2021, 09:48:38 AM »
19 wins.

Justin Lewis will be our main scoring threat on offense and MVP of the team.
We will struggle to score.
Morsell will be our best defensive player and leader of this team.
Our defense will be above average
I expect a lot of lower scoring ugly games but they all look great when you win.
NIT bound with at least 1 win.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2021, 09:48:46 AM »
Kolek could be a pretty good player.  It’s a big step up, however, from playing the St. Louis of the world. There’s a lot to like from his freshman year.

Some quality trolling going on here  8-)
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2021, 09:58:15 AM »

Some peoples quality trolling is another persons cold hard facts 😂

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2021, 11:23:17 AM »
I love the thought process of “so many newcomers”

Have you paid attention to college basketball?  If you return the majority of your team you instantly become preseason top 10.

Turnover of rosters is the norm. 

I like our guy in charge.  He’s typically competitive.  He’s not Mr. Second Weekend but he’s in the tourney discussion, which is where the toxically optimistic people are putting this team.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2021, 11:28:20 AM »

Giving yourself away here. Tribes tribe.

The longer answer regarding that poster or the topic itself, is that trolls troll for a variety of reasons. Let’s take a look.

Anonymity and insecurity allows for less accountability. That leads some to say things they otherwise wouldn’t while standing next to the person.

Social validation and attention from the person they are trolling, and, sense of belonging from the tribe. A pay attention to me if you will. And, to feel part of a group to gain a sense of belonging. The more the merrier.

Individual factors that contribute to trolling:

Personality, trying to put some thing or someone down to lift oneself up. These things of course have been linked to various psychological disorders over the years.

Ideology: People who rigidly over identify with a belief or belief system will troll when they feel threatened. This is why those doing the trolling “suffer” more than those receiving it because those receiving it don’t dislike what is being trolled. Sports, race, politics, places, schools, religion and so forth are common examples. These people feel threatened when their world view is poked prodded or threatened.

The other comforting aspect for people who troll, is that trolling is a way to avoid or distract oneself from uncomfortable aspects of life.

It’s an unhealthy false sense of security in a classical conditioning process, like a salivating dog.

Some people troll all the time. Some troll sometimes. Some do it, but do so infrequently. Some don’t do it at all.

I am not some of the above, and and don’t feel threatened or bothered by some schools, Wisconsin, Notre Dame or SLU, or perhaps some teams, the Cardinals, Brewers, or Cubs, or perhaps some places, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Chicago. I’m happy to talk about any and all of them, and many other places, schools and teams as well. (those don’t have the same triggers or interest here)

I’d suggest NYC, L.A., SF, SD, Bos, Atl, Hou, Orl, TB, Mia, Nash, NC,  and some others too, but, I’m aware 75% of MU is WI/IL, and the 20% does 80% of the posting. So, I understand.

I’m sure someone or some people will respond illustrating the point. And the cycle they create continues for them, and unfortunately for some others just interested in reading. topic. Gotta be a tough way to go through life.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 11:30:07 AM by shoothoops »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2021, 11:31:29 AM »

The longer answer regarding that poster or the topic itself, is that trolls troll for a variety of reasons. Let’s take a look.

Anonymity and insecurity allows for less accountability. That leads to some to say things they otherwise wouldn’t while standing next to the person.

Social validation and attention from the person they are trolling, and, sense of belonging from the tribe. A pay attention to me if you will. And, to feel part of a group to gain a sense of belonging. The more the merrier.

Personality, trying to put some thing or someone down to lift oneself up. These things of course have been linked to various psychological disorders over the years.

Ideology: People who rigidly over identify with a belief or belief system will troll when they feel threatened. This is why those doing the trolling “suffer” more than those receiving it because those receiving it don’t dislike what is being trolled. Sports, race, politics, places, schools, religion and so forth are common examples. These people feel threatened when their world view is poked prodded or threatened.

The other comforting aspect for people who troll, is that trolling is a way to avoid or distract oneself from uncomfortable aspects of life.

It’s an unhealthy false sense of security in a classical conditioning process, like a salivating dog.

Some people troll all the time. Some troll sometimes. Some do it, but do so infrequently. Some don’t do it at all.

I am not some of the above, and and don’t feel threatened or bothered by some schools, Wisconsin, Notre Dame or SLU, or perhaps some teams, the Cardinals, Brewers, or Cubs, or perhaps some places, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Chicago. I’m happy to talk about any and all of them, and many other places, schools and teams as well. (those don’t have the same triggers or interest here)

I’d suggest NYC, L.A., SF, SD, Bos, Atl, Hou, Orl, TB, Mia, Nash, NC,  and some others too, but, I’m aware 75% of MU is WI/IL, and the 20% does 80% of the posting. So, I understand.

I’m sure someone or some people will respond illustrating the point. And the cycle they create continues for them, and unfortunately for some others just interested in reading. topic. Gotta be a tough way to go through life.

Facts aren’t trolling.  Kolek isn’t playing in the A-10 anymore.  He’s playing in the Big East which is much better than the A-10

fjm

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »

Anonymity and insecurity allows for less accountability. That leads some to say things they otherwise wouldn’t while standing next to the person.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2021, 11:39:22 AM »
Facts aren’t trolling.  Kolek isn’t playing in the A-10 anymore.  He’s playing in the Big East which is much better than the A-10

Record speed. Right on time. The dog salivates. I do sincerely feel bad for you, and anyone else that trolls.

This thread right here is pretty rich how you posted several times how MUBB should join the A-10.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58416.msg1111645#msg1111645

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »
Record speed. Right on time. The dog salivates. I do sincerely feel bad for you, and anyone else that trolls.

This thread right here is pretty rich how you posted several times how MUBB should join the A-10.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58416.msg1111645#msg1111645

Keep reading down.  I appreciate your sympathy

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
Keep reading down.  I appreciate your sympathy

You either posted that you thought Marquette should join the A-10, which many there thought because they are going to take your posts at face value instead of trying to decipher someone else’s sincerity. Or you posted sarcastically, trolling the topic, which doesn’t benefit you or anyone else in the discussion either.

Trolling only hurts the people who troll. I’m sure there’s plenty of people here that would engage you in sincere discussion on a topic, even some that make you feel threatened.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 12:09:36 PM by shoothoops »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2021, 12:20:32 PM »
You either posted that you thought Marquette should join the A-10, which many there thought because they are going to take your posts at face value instead of trying to decipher someone else’s sincerity. Or you posted sarcastically, trolling the topic, which doesn’t benefit you or anyone else in the discussion either.

Trolling only hurts the people who troll. I’m sure there’s plenty of people here that would engage you in sincere discussion on a topic, even some that make you feel threatened.

There’s nothing insincere in saying Kolek is playing at a level above what he played in last year and it’s a big jump

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2021, 12:46:41 PM »
H: SIUE:                         W
H: New Hampshire:          W
H: Illinois:                        L
N:Ole Miss (Charleston):    W
N:Charleston game 2:        W
N: Charleston game 3:        W
H: Northern Illinois:           W
H: Jackson St:                    W
A: UW-Madison Extension:   L
A: Kansas St:                     W
H: UCLA:                            L
—BE CONF GAMES—
A: Xavier:                           W
H: UConn:                          L
A: St John’s:                       L
H: Creighton:                      W
H: providence:                     W
A: Georgetown :                   L
H: DePaul:                           W
H: Seton Hall:  W           
A: Nova:          L
H: Xavier :        W
A: Seton hall.     L
A: providence.    W
H: Nova:           L
A: UConn:         L
A: butler:          W
H: Georgetown:  W
A: Creighton:      L
H: butler:            w
A: DePaul:          w
H: St. John’s:     w

Total W-L:    20-11  (12-8)

Biggest impact player:Kur Kuath

take the goggles off pal.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2021, 01:30:43 PM »
There’s nothing insincere in saying Kolek is playing at a level above what he played in last year and it’s a big jump

I do appreciate you illustrating several aspects of my post.

To gaslight or to distract from the topic that threatens your insecurities. “Marquette should join the A-10)

Based on your posts, you are threatened by SLU and Dayton, less so VCU and some others. Let’s take a look why.

SLU and MUBB played every year from 1989-2005. (21-16 MUBB head to head, which considering challenges vs advantages, one would think would be more lopsided).

MUBB played Dayton from 1980-2003 just about every year.

So we are looking at the 1990’s when these SLU and Dayton issues overlapped for you. And you posted that you are a Brewers fan and you just want them to win it one time. (I get it, I do. I hope they do it) And that would mean 1982 and 1998-present. (I didn’t agree with your several takes wanting Counsell fired. I think he’s done well and is a good fit there)

Some here were concerned when some of the schools (Louisville, ND, Syracuse etc) left the Big East. (I’m sure SLU and some other schools above had some concerns too when they didn’t join the Big East)

Now I’m using this thread to point these things out. And that takes away from others that simply want to read or post in that thread. But that’s on you, whether that is this thread or in the other threads in which you do it.

You seem to keep not understanding that trolling only hurts the person who trolls. I’m happy to discuss the various thread topics, including schools, teams, cities, etc..both the ones that threaten you and those that don’t.

As for the other people reading this thread, I don’t do predictions. I do hope MUBB wins every game they play this season. I do expect a good season, NCAA Tourney etc because that is my program expectation annually for MUBB. I’m not going to lower my program expectations based on personnel or coaching changes. They still keep score.

With that said, every new coach and regime deserves opportunity to establish their success. Often but not always that is 3-5 years. Could be more. Could be less. What is success? I’ve said it before several times but:

Almost annual NCAA Tourney appearances. (Can’t take too long to establish that, but a fair chance will be given)

Competing for regular season league titles. If you play in a league, the goal is to win the league. Is it expected annually? No. Is it expected once in a while? Yes. Sub aspects of this are top 4 finishes etc how often etc

As long as they play the conference tourney, it matters. A goal is to win it once in a while. A goal is to be competitive in it more often than not.

Deeper NCAA Tourney appearances. As long as they have the NCAA Tourney, establishing almost annnual appearances, a goal is to do some damage in it sometimes. Win a game. 2nd weekends mixed in. A very deep run every so often within reason which isn’t almost every year.

New coach same expectations. Same time frames. Same opportunity. Good luck to Shaka. I hope he does it.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2021, 01:51:32 PM »
take the goggles off pal.
Remember, he is dead
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2021, 01:52:35 PM »

To gaslight or to distract from the topic that threatens your insecurities. “Marquette should join the A-10)

Based on your posts, you are threatened by SLU and Dayton, less so VCU and some others. Let’s take a look why.

SLU and MUBB played every year from 1989-2005. (21-16 MUBB head to head, which considering challenges vs advantages, one would think would be more lopsided).

So we are looking at the 1990’s when these SLU and Dayton issues overlapped for you. And you posted that you are a Brewers fan and you just want them to win it one time. (I get it, I do. I hope they do it) And that would mean 1982 and 1998-present. (I didn’t agree with your several takes wanting Counsell fired. I think he’s done well and is a good fit there)

Some here were concerned when some of the schools (Louisville, ND, Syracuse etc) left the Big East. (I’m sure SLU and some other schools above had some concerns too when they didn’t join the Big East)

Now I’m using this thread to point these things out. And that takes away from others that simply want to read or post in that thread. But that’s on you, whether that is this thread or in the other threads in which you do it.

You seem to keep not understanding that trolling only hurts the person who trolls. I’m happy to discuss the various thread topics, including schools, teams, cities, etc..both the ones that threaten you and those that don’t.

As for the other people reading this thread, I don’t do predictions. I do hope MUBB wins every game they play this season. I do expect a good season, NCAA Tourney etc because that is my program expectation annually for MUBB. I’m not going to lower my program expectations based on personnel or coaching changes. They still keep score.

With that said, every new coach and regime deserves opportunity to establish their success. Often but not always that is 3-5 years. Could be more. Could be less. What is success? I’ve said it before several times but:

Almost annual NCAA Tourney appearances. (Can’t take too long to establish that, but a fair chance will be given)

Competing for regular season league titles. If you play in a league, the goal is to win the league. Is it expected annually? No. Is it expected once in a while? Yes. Sub aspects of this are top 4 finishes etc how often etc

As long as they play the conference tourney, it matters. A goal is to win it once in a while. A goal is to be competitive in it more often than not.

Deeper NCAA Tourney appearances. As long as they have the NCAA Tourney, establishing almost annnual appearances, a goal is to do some damage in it sometimes. Win a game. 2nd weekends mixed in. A very deep run every so often within reason which isn’t almost every year.

New coach same expectations. Same time frames. Same opportunity. Good luck to Shaka. I hope he does it.
I'm lost, is this Chicos?
Goal is National Championship

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2021, 01:53:19 PM »

This is trolling at its finest
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2021, 01:54:39 PM »

This year is an anomaly and has to be looked at differently than a normal year. The way I’m looking at it this year is that Kolek is an old Freshman at Marquette, which is how he is listed, and he just graduated from the A10, which is a tougher league than almost all freshman are coming from. (You could say Dawson graduated from the Big East and moved up to the ACC).

feedback