[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] SIU-Edwardsville Preview  (Read 2614 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
[Cracked Sidewalks] SIU-Edwardsville Preview
« on: October 22, 2021, 06:12:07 AM »
A Marquette alum will bring his team to open the 2021-22 campaign at the Fiserv Forum with a former Marquette recruiting target on the roster. Cracked Sidewalks takes a look at the first opponent of not just the season but the Shaka Smart era. Bring on the season.

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2021/10/siu-edwardsville-preview-2021-22.html
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] SIU-Edwardsville Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 06:29:02 AM »
In addition To a homecoming for Barone, it will be nice to see a couple Milwaukee area kids being able to play at Fiserv , Carlos Curtis and Desmond Polk .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 09:58:32 AM »
Thanks for doing these as I know they take a lot of work. I look forward to these as we amp up for the season start. 

Let's not blow by Bowie State even though it's an Exhibition game. Baltimore team will come ready, expected to win their conference division, a lot of new and young MU guys playing in front of a crowd.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 02:42:10 PM »
Barone has several Link Year Prep/Link Academy players on his roster. For those unfamiliar:

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/08/10/link-academy-branson-high-school-cusp-becoming-basketball-power-mshsaa-rodney-perry-omaha-biliew/5461597001/

In recent years, a few good Stl players have played for Mokan Elite AAU out of Kansas City. Their coach has been able to get some of the good Stl players (Tarris Reed Jr. Michigan) Columbia, (One of the Porter kids) and national players to also transfer schools to Link Academy. Meanwhile BBE Bradley Beal Elite, from where some of those left, has added a few regional players of their own, such as top 10 Nick Smith from Little Rock, AK.

Ray’Sean Taylor was a nice recruit for Barone, but he tore his ACL this past year.

Challenging place to he successful. It’s been less than a decade since their full transition to D-1 Athletics.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
Barone has several Link Year Prep/Link Academy players on his roster. For those unfamiliar:

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/08/10/link-academy-branson-high-school-cusp-becoming-basketball-power-mshsaa-rodney-perry-omaha-biliew/5461597001/

In recent years, a few good Stl players have played for Mokan Elite AAU out of Kansas City. Their coach has been able to get some of the good Stl players (Tarris Reed Jr. Michigan) Columbia, (One of the Porter kids) and national players to also transfer schools to Link Academy. Meanwhile BBE Bradley Beal Elite, from where some of those left, has added a few regional players of their own, such as top 10 Nick Smith from Little Rock, AK.

Ray’Sean Taylor was a nice recruit for Barone, but he tore his ACL this past year.

Challenging place to he successful. It’s been less than a decade since their full transition to D-1 Athletics.

Oh sheesh… St. Louis eh!?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 03:23:57 PM »
Oh sheesh… St. Louis eh!?

It's an SIUE game preview thread.

Several of the players on their team came from Link. The Link coach coaches Mokan Elite AAU as well. I included an article about their program. They (Link) have been recruiting and landing some of the best players nationally recently.

No one forced you to read a thread about SIUE, a university located in suburban St. Louis, and a post in part about its recruiting.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 03:27:30 PM by shoothoops »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 03:31:09 PM »
such a weird situation there. Jon Harris was the HC there (hometown guy), Barone his assistant (props to Brian for getting clean and his life together) and then Jon was fired and Barone named Interim HC and eventually HC. SIUC is one of the harder jobs in the country.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

fjm

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 04:25:08 PM »
It's an SIUE game preview thread.

Several of the players on their team came from Link. The Link coach coaches Mokan Elite AAU as well. I included an article about their program. They (Link) have been recruiting and landing some of the best players nationally recently.

No one forced you to read a thread about SIUE, a university located in suburban St. Louis, and a post in part about its recruiting.

Fair.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 04:40:50 PM »
Yep, lets not forgo the window for the pants pissers to fret about a DII team.

Thanks for doing these as I know they take a lot of work. I look forward to these as we amp up for the season start. 

Let's not blow by Bowie State even though it's an Exhibition game. Baltimore team will come ready, expected to win their conference division, a lot of new and young MU guys playing in front of a crowd.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »

Thanks, Dr B! I like getting to know the teams we'll be playing, especially because I root for everyone on our schedule the rest of the year.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »
Thanks, Dr B! I like getting to know the teams we'll be playing, especially because I root for everyone on our schedule the rest of the year.
Even those dastardly Badgers?   ;)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
Even those dastardly Badgers?   ;)

Done, right down to the Brad Davison themed "Marquette Connection."

fjm

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 02:14:00 PM »
Done, right down to the Brad Davison themed "Marquette Connection."

Is it a genital connection?

Or is he best friends with another player again?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 03:07:11 PM »
Is it a genital connection?

Or is he best friends with another player again?

He's on the verge of accomplishing something no Badger has done in over 40 years. And I'm really rooting for Davison to pull it off.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 07:39:09 PM »
Brew, you never know when a line in an article is going to make you LOL, which I rarely do, but you got me with "The season outlook for the Cougars is always bleak." After I got done laughing, I realized that it reminded me of the Wojo years. Thanks for the chuckle.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2021, 08:01:12 AM »
After seven years of waiting, it's finally the first SHAKA SMART MARQUETTE GAME DAY!!! SIU-Edwardsville comes in after a 62-61 loss in their exhibition with D2 Quincy, a team that went 6-15 in their division last year. Here's the Cracked Sidewalks primer on SIUE and what should be a resounding win in Smart's MU debut.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 07:26:20 AM »

Nice to see Ray'Sean Taylor (16 and 5) finally getting a chance to play after his ACL injury, doing his thing. Nice player, and a good get for Barone.