collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA 75th Anniversary Team  (Read 6478 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: NBA 75th Anniversary Team
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
Yes.  He was incredible but by time he got to the NBA, his body was pretty beaten down.  Those old USSR teams played a lot of basketball.  His NBA games was more old dude owning you at the Y than what he was overseas.
[/quot

I remember his passing ability and the fact that he could barely get up and down the floor with the Blazers.  He's a rather large man but was stuck in cement when he tried to guard Shaq.  Could he shoot at all in his prime?

Great shooter
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2021, 12:37:16 PM »

Great shooter

If he was a bigger and more athletic Jokic where do you slot him among the centers?
Sounds !like his game would flourish in this era?  28, 15, and 10??

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2021, 12:54:25 PM »
If he was a bigger and more athletic Jokic where do you slot him among the centers?
Sounds !like his game would flourish in this era?  28, 15, and 10??

Similar and he’d be a monster in this era.  Still an all-time great
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2021, 12:56:35 PM »
Obviously he’s the reigning MVP so I get it, but a better Sabonis comp for me is a thicker/stronger and much more complete Porzingis. Same height, same sort of athletic inside outside ability.

Jokic is a unicorn cause so much of his game is craftiness and creativity/vision.  I think he’s a better passer than Sabonis was.

What is interesting, is how the game would play through Sabonis.  He never averaged many assists even in his prime in Europe, though obviously he was a great passer

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2021, 01:17:09 PM »
Obviously he’s the reigning MVP so I get it, but a better Sabonis comp for me is a thicker/stronger and much more complete Porzingis. Same height, same sort of athletic inside outside ability.

Jokic is a unicorn cause so much of his game is craftiness and creativity/vision.  I think he’s a better passer than Sabonis was.

What is interesting, is how the game would play through Sabonis.  He never averaged many assists even in his prime in Europe, though obviously he was a great passer

Wasn't Mr. Sabonis significantly stronger and more skilled in the post than Porzingas?  Armstrong intimated that David Robinson could not guard him at all.  :)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2021, 01:28:45 PM »
Wasn't Mr. Sabonis significantly stronger and more skilled in the post than Porzingas?  Armstrong intimated that David Robinson could not guard him at all.  :)

Which is why I said stronger and more complete  8-)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »
Best  Euro ever or Nowitzki?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2021, 05:01:07 PM »

Nowitzki accomplished a crap-load at the highest level, including an MVP and an NBA title, so he's No. 1 in my book.

Jokic is very Sabonis-like; he plays today much like Sabonis did, except he takes more outstide shots.

Of the guys who were/are in the NBA during their primes, best Euros would be Nowitzki, Petrovic, Kukoc, Doncic, Jokic and Parker IMHO.

Obviously, I'm projecting for Doncic and Jokic, as one would think they haven't hit their primes yet. Given his range of offensive skills, Doncic has an outstanding opportunity to be the best Euro ever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2021, 05:12:44 PM »

Or Giannis.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2021, 05:17:32 PM »
Or Giannis.

Yeah. Him, Hakeem, and Steve Nash.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2021, 05:19:54 PM »
Yeah. Him, Hakeem, and Steve Nash.

Uh...what?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2021, 05:20:20 PM »
Uh...what?

Lol. Thought it was just foreign.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2021, 05:33:53 PM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2021, 05:42:00 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2021, 05:43:36 PM »
Or Giannis.

Good catch. Add him to my list, obviously.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback