[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jake Presutti Hired By Pitt  (Read 5564 times)

goan

• Walk-On
Re: Jake Presutti Hired By Pitt
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 04:12:54 PM »
There was asian guy who is a MU graduate and worked on Wojo staff. Does anyone know whatever happened to him?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2021, 04:37:55 PM »
There was asian guy who is a MU graduate and worked on Wojo staff. Does anyone know whatever happened to him?
If you mean Danny Mads, he joined Killings at Albany as DOBO.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »

Uh…. I answered you the first time.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
Cam to USM.  In all seriousness, that isn't a bad idea.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2021, 10:24:28 AM »
I was kind of surprised Presutti went to USM to begin with. It’s not like he’s a local guy that would set down roots here, unless he met someone.

I can’t imagine USM is all that blindsided by this.

Edit: Looks like he was married before coming to MU. He has a young family, so maybe was looking at less travel. Still, seemed like an interesting move for a college assistant.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:28:25 AM by cheebs09 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2021, 10:27:16 AM »
I think USM was blindsided by this to some degree. The guy was just announced a few weeks ago and there was some excitement about the hire.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2021, 10:49:39 AM »
Cam to USM.  In all seriousness, that isn't a bad idea.

Greight hi skool and wit Cam bein' a Quon native, eye'm surtain heel due well der, aina?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:38:48 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2021, 10:51:41 AM »
I was kind of surprised Presutti went to USM to begin with. It’s not like he’s a local guy that would set down roots here, unless he met someone.

I can’t imagine USM is all that blindsided by this.

Edit: Looks like he was married before coming to MU. He has a young family, so maybe was looking at less travel. Still, seemed like an interesting move for a college assistant.

If you don't have a decent job offer, you're not going to move.  But you have bills to pay so you have to try to find something locally that keeps you in the game.  I don't think it was more complex than this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 11:43:29 AM »

If you don't have a decent job offer, you're not going to move.  But you have bills to pay so you have to try to find something locally that keeps you in the game.  I don't think it was more complex than this.

Tim O'Toole, Pitt's associate HC, was an assistant at Syracuse twice earlier in his career, but I don't think he overlapped with Presutti when he was a player or graduate manager.  However, I could see there being some familiarity there, or at least common contacts to help him get the position (which I believe is a new position at Pitt).  Or it could have been Wojo calling Capel to help out. 

Here's the job posting for the position - description feels like a lot of "miscellaneous tasks" unrelated to scouting.  https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/15491446/assistant-athletic-director-of-scouting-mbb

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2021, 11:54:18 AM »

Greight hi skool and wit Cam bein' a Quon native, eye'm surtain heel due well der, aina?
If Cam got the same deal as Jake, it is also pretty good coin for a young guy.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

panda

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2021, 12:01:02 PM »
My one take in this situation is USM must pay REALLY well.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2021, 12:05:13 PM »
Man, the season needs to start ASAP if this much time is being spent on this topic
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2021, 12:16:40 PM »
My one take in this situation is USM must pay REALLY well.
Full time Substitute Teacher.
Coaches Salary
Camp Income

Overall not a bad gig for a young  single guy.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2021, 12:20:49 PM »
Man, the season needs to start ASAP if this much time is being spent on this topic

In my defense, I follow Pitt pretty closely, too (live here in Pittsburgh; family full of Pitt alum). 

But yes, actual MU basketball news can't come soon enough, as long as it's not injury news.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2021, 12:33:10 PM »
Tim O'Toole, Pitt's associate HC, was an assistant at Syracuse twice earlier in his career, but I don't think he overlapped with Presutti when he was a player or graduate manager.  However, I could see there being some familiarity there, or at least common contacts to help him get the position (which I believe is a new position at Pitt).  Or it could have been Wojo calling Capel to help out. 

Here's the job posting for the position - description feels like a lot of "miscellaneous tasks" unrelated to scouting.  https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/15491446/assistant-athletic-director-of-scouting-mbb
The job looks like a compilation of Presutti's entire career in basketball. So he is a very good fit. The Wojo Capel connection obviously got him in the door. Hopefully ,for Jake , Capel can keep his job for a few years.
                       ---Al McGuire

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2021, 12:51:19 PM »
The job looks like a compilation of Presutti's entire career in basketball. So he is a very good fit. The Wojo Capel connection obviously got him in the door. Hopefully ,for Jake , Capel can keep his job for a few years.
Probably overqualified and likely making far less than he did as a full time assistant at MU.  But, it does keep his foot in the college basketball world.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2021, 12:46:46 AM »
GL to him.
Also, his hometown is only 4 hours away or so from Pitt.

Does this mean all of Wojo's staff are situated now outside of Milwaukee/Wisconsin?
SS Marquette

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
GL to him.
Also, his hometown is only 4 hours away or so from Pitt.

Does this mean all of Wojo's staff are situated now outside of Milwaukee/Wisconsin?
Yes , with the exception of Todd who stayed on as Strength Coach and Cam Marrotta is coaching University School in Milwaukee.
                       ---Al McGuire