[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tyson Fury- Deontay Wilder III  (Read 3629 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Tyson Fury- Deontay Wilder III
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 01:36:42 PM »
It always cracks me up to see him out there against guys like the Klischko bros and Wilder. Just looks like a big guy at the pub not a finely tuned athlete.

His lineage is from Galway.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2021, 07:09:53 PM »
It always cracks me up to see him out there against guys like the Klischko bros and Wilder. Just looks like a big guy at the pub not a finely tuned athlete.
Fury reminds me of Larry Holmes the way he uses his left jab and then follows with the right . Holmes had an enormous reach 81.5 Inches and he used it well. Like Fury he was not necessarily a highly chiseled athlete. But man could he box.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2021, 07:46:55 PM »
Fury reminds me of Larry Holmes the way he uses his left jab and then follows with the right . Holmes had an enormous reach 81.5 Inches and he used it well. Like Fury he was not necessarily a highly chiseled athlete. But man could he box.

I'll take your word for it Herman.  However, I would still like to see how a Lowland Mountain Gorilla would handle Tyson Fury. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2021, 11:18:35 PM »
His lineage is from Galway.

Are tinkers genetically from a county or kingdom? I mean sure they're more common in Connacht, but the whole thing is that they don't put roots down.

I'll take your word for it Herman.  However, I would still like to see how a Lowland Mountain Gorilla would handle Tyson Fury. 

Why? How would you like it if I put a Chimp or orangutan and a Gorilla in a cage and forced them to fight? Doing that with other great apes is no different
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 11:20:17 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2021, 11:38:26 PM »
Are tinkers genetically from a county or kingdom? I mean sure they're more common in Connacht, but the whole thing is that they don't put roots down.

Why? How would you like it if I put a Chimp or orangutan and a Gorilla in a cage and forced them to fight? Doing that with other great apes is no different

I dunno, I am just impressed with their strength  and the fact that they could take out Fury very quickly.  It's tragic they are endangered.  I believe they can bench press about 4K and I like watching them snap trees. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2021, 12:15:37 AM »
I dunno, I am just impressed with their strength  and the fact that they could take out Fury very quickly.  It's tragic they are endangered.  I believe they can bench press about 4K and I like watching them snap trees.

Just seems like an odd thing to bring up. Like if I said "I'd like to see D Wade take on a cheetah" well 1 the cheetah would get called for traveling, likely a flagrant for clawing at Wade and then ejected for biting wade.

Similarly, let's say this fight happened. 1. There's a three point. Of contact rule in boxing for knockdowns so a gorilla immediately is considered knocked down. Next, gorillas have. Tendency to hit anywhere and everywhere, given Fury's height and a gorilla's that likely means a lot of below the belt hits. Next, a referee isn't a gorilla trainer so when the gorilla attacks the referee for pulling it off fury to deduct a point that means that the gorillas DQ'd. that's all before we even get into biting kicking, running to the corner, etc.  see why it's just an overall weird thing to bring up? Unless you're bringing it up with every sport & game then why now?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2021, 08:00:23 PM »
Just seems like an odd thing to bring up. Like if I said "I'd like to see D Wade take on a cheetah" well 1 the cheetah would get called for traveling, likely a flagrant for clawing at Wade and then ejected for biting wade.

Similarly, let's say this fight happened. 1. There's a three point. Of contact rule in boxing for knockdowns so a gorilla immediately is considered knocked down. Next, gorillas have. Tendency to hit anywhere and everywhere, given Fury's height and a gorilla's that likely means a lot of below the belt hits. Next, a referee isn't a gorilla trainer so when the gorilla attacks the referee for pulling it off fury to deduct a point that means that the gorillas DQ'd. that's all before we even get into biting kicking, running to the corner, etc.  see why it's just an overall weird thing to bring up? Unless you're bringing it up with every sport & game then why now?

I'm just a fan of lots of animals.  Including those that can inflict tremendous damage with modest effort Galway.  It simply amuses me that a man the size of Tyson Fury would pose zero challenge to a Silverback in a confrontation.  But I'll admit I'm a little out there. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2021, 08:51:42 PM »
I'm just a fan of lots of animals.  Including those that can inflict tremendous damage with modest effort Galway.  It simply amuses me that a man the size of Tyson Fury would pose zero challenge to a Silverback in a confrontation.  But I'll admit I'm a little out there.

I respect your love of animals, but its just bizarre tangents that almost feel like trolling if we didn't know better.

Like dropping into the Tour de France thread to say you'd really like to see them race a cheetah.  Or saying "well Derrick Henry's rushing record is impressive, but id like to see what an endangered White Rhino could do, even without an offensive line".  Just apples to oranges.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
I respect your love of animals, but its just bizarre tangents that almost feel like trolling if we didn't know better.

Like dropping into the Tour de France thread to say you'd really like to see them race a cheetah.  Or saying "well Derrick Henry's rushing record is impressive, but id like to see what an endangered White Rhino could do, even without an offensive line".  Just apples to oranges.

Okay.  Fair enough.

feedback