collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:40:18 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sooooo.... Texas?  (Read 29641 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Sooooo.... Texas?
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2021, 02:20:54 PM »
Well they care now thanks to Biden and the asinine way he left the country.  People actually care about 13 serviceman getting killed when a total of zero were killed there in a year in a half.  And they also care about the stranded Americans there, as well as Afghan SIV's.  They additionally care about the weapons we left and the fact that our "over the horizon" capabilities are limited at best with no intelligence forces in the region.  And lastly, believe it or not, people care that women and girls, who have spent 20 years living with basic freedoms, will now have all of their rights taken away from them or be murdered by a terrorist regime.

I see how you brought it back to Texas but I think it's just fined/jail not murdered.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:30:05 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »
I how you brought it back to Texas but I think it's just fined/jail not murdered.

Nice  8-)

But I wouldn't put it past Texas to start trying them as murderers and then executing them.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2021, 02:27:01 PM »
I how you brought it back to Texas but I think it's just fined/jail not murdered.

What if they rebel in any way, shape, or form?  They will be killed.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »
Nice  8-)

But I wouldn't put it past Texas to start trying them as murderers and then executing them.

Got it.

What if they rebel in any way, shape, or form?  They will be killed.

Did not get it.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2021, 02:48:11 PM »
Well they care now thanks to Biden and the asinine way he left the country.  People actually care about 13 serviceman getting killed when a total of zero were killed there in a year in a half.  And they also care about the stranded Americans there, as well as Afghan SIV's.  They additionally care about the weapons we left and the fact that our "over the horizon" capabilities are limited at best with no intelligence forces in the region.  And lastly, believe it or not, people care that women and girls, who have spent 20 years living with basic freedoms, will now have all of their rights taken away from them or be murdered by a terrorist regime.

So much context missing here.

But, alas, nothing about Texas.

Change my mind: FC Dallas has the best youth program/academy in the US
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:50:40 PM by jesmu84 »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2021, 02:55:27 PM »
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:13:06 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2021, 03:12:37 PM »

Yeah twenty years wasn’t enough. We should have spent even more time there!

It was a mistake to do any type of “nation building” there in the first place. Money and lives wasted. 

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2021, 03:14:48 PM »
So much context missing here.

But, alas, nothing about Texas.

I was responding to his comments on Afganistan.  The Texas decision is stupid but not the least bit surprising. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2021, 03:23:26 PM »
See, I don’t think 90% of the country even knows about any of that, let alone cares one bit about it. Sure, Fox News viewers will be whipped into the appropriate level of outrage…until the next thing comes along that they can milk to create more outrage.   

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2021, 03:25:36 PM »
Oh, and Texas sucks. In every imaginable way.  Austin isn’t half bad though.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2021, 03:38:35 PM »
See, I don’t think 90% of the country even knows about any of that, let alone cares one bit about it. Sure, Fox News viewers will be whipped into the appropriate level of outrage…until the next thing comes along that they can milk to create more outrage.

I think you're wrong based on recent polling.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2021, 03:42:39 PM »
Yeah twenty years wasn’t enough. We should have spent even more time there!

It was a mistake to do any type of “nation building” there in the first place. Money and lives wasted.

You're conflating leaving Afghanistan (which most people agree with) to how we left the country which was a complete and unmitigated disaster. 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »
And lastly, believe it or not, people care that women and girls, who have spent 20 years living with basic freedoms, will now have all of their rights taken away from them or be murdered by a terrorist regime.

"U.S. officials are looking into reports that in the frantic evacuation of desperate Afghans from Kabul, older men were admitted together with young girls they claimed as “brides” or otherwise sexually abused." (In Wisconsin)

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-child-trafficking-27d93a340c4834d497eb36e22bb72f42

Just a complete disaster all around.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:47:48 PM by CountryRoads »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »

I don't think thats even up for debate at this point.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2021, 04:12:06 PM »
You're conflating leaving Afghanistan (which most people agree with) to how we left the country which was a complete and unmitigated disaster. 

Yes. It’s usually really easy and smooth leaving a war zone where we lost and the puppet government we put in place runs off to Uzbekistan.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2021, 04:15:20 PM »
"U.S. officials are looking into reports that in the frantic evacuation of desperate Afghans from Kabul, older men were admitted together with young girls they claimed as “brides” or otherwise sexually abused." (In Wisconsin)

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-child-trafficking-27d93a340c4834d497eb36e22bb72f42

Not really. We got almost all Americans out. (Only ones left are those who stayed after repeated contacts.). Ten of thousands of Afghan refugees airlifted out as well.

Could have been better. Hardly a disaster.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »
Oh, and Texas sucks. In every imaginable way.  Austin isn’t half bad though.

Houston is way cooler than Austin.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »

We also won't and in many ways can't properly vet all of these people coming into the country.  It's a process that should take 2 yrs as well.  And this narrative that it was a "20 year war" is also imbecilic whether it came from Trump or Biden.

It's not my fault that Biden doesn't know we have troops in Syria, South Korea, or Germany.  Nor is it my fault that unlike other areas, the Middle East for example, we can't maintain a balance of power because we have zero allies in the region or counter intelligence on the ground.  And it certainly isn't my fault that Biden is a total assclown, who has never made a good foreign policy decision, lied about the likelihood the Taliban would take over the country, didn't know Al Qaeda still exists, created ISIS with Obama, and has made the world far less safe. 

The utter incompetence  of Blinken, Austin, Milley, and that smug piece of garbage NSA is even more upsetting than Biden's cluelessness.   There are also countless pets of servicemen and women that could have been boarded on empty planes.  This was a total abomination and beyond reprehensible.  Ransom payments to the Taliban  to get those stranded  out will not make anyone forget this unconscionable disaster and dereliction of duty.

• All American
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
We also won't and in many ways can't properly vet all of these people coming into the country.  It's a process that should take 2 yrs as well.  And this narrative that it was a "20 year war" is also imbecilic whether it came from Trump or Biden.

It's not my fault that Biden doesn't know we have troops in Syria, South Korea, or Germany.  Nor is it my fault that unlike other areas, the Middle East for example, we can't maintain a balance of power because we have zero allies in the region or counter intelligence on the ground.  And it certainly isn't my fault that Biden is a total assclown, who has never made a good foreign policy decision, lied about the likelihood the Taliban would take over the country, didn't know Al Qaeda still exists, created ISIS with Obama, and has made the world far less safe. 

The utter incompetence  of Blinken, Austin, Milley, and that smug piece of garbage NSA is even more upsetting than Biden's cluelessness.   There are also countless pets of servicemen and women that could have been boarded on empty planes.  This was a total abomination and beyond reprehensible.  Ransom payments to the Taliban  to get those stranded  out will not make anyone forget this unconscionable disaster and dereliction of duty.

Uhhh.  OK it was a 19.5 year war.

The rest of your post is hilarious. I mean..the pets?? 😂😂😂

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2021, 04:28:31 PM »
Houston is way cooler than Austin.

This is just plain false
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2021, 04:33:23 PM »
This is just plain false

Then you don’t know the right places in Houston.  Not the suburbs. They’re awful.

And I like Austin. But after being there a few times…eh….reminds me of Madison with more glass towers.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2021, 04:34:58 PM »

We should have had Mexico pay for a wall we could have built around the Taliban, like in Texas.  Speaking of Texas, I don’t like their big government invasion into freedom but that’s the price we have to pay prevent box turtle-human marriage
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2021, 04:46:20 PM »
Then you don’t know the right places in Houston.  Not the suburbs. They’re awful.

And I like Austin. But after being there a few times…eh….reminds me of Madison with more glass towers.

I've been everywhere in Houston. They got nothing going on
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2021, 04:50:49 PM »

Uhhh.  OK it was a 19.5 year war.

The rest of your post is hilarious. I mean..the pets?? 😂😂😂

Right.  This  was a 20 year war similar to WW2 with battles analogous to Stalingrad.  We will agree to disagree FBM.  Is Korea a 70 yr war?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2021, 05:01:49 PM »
Right.  This  was a 20 year war similar to WW2 with battles analogous to Stalingrad.  We will agree to disagree FBM.  Is Korea a 70 yr war?
There were  ~2,000,000 casualties during the battle of Stalingrad in less than 8 months... not even in the same stratosphere.

Also, "......will now have all of their rights taken away from them or be murdered by a terrorist regime." Religious Fundamentalist Regime. Terrorism is a feature of their religious fundamentalism but not the basis of its existence.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:11:08 PM by naginiF »

feedback