[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sooooo.... Texas?  (Read 29614 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Sooooo.... Texas?
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2021, 09:14:30 AM »
I applaud the brave decision the Texas government has made. I've been saying for years that we should legally restrict the choices that women are allowed to make, and hunt down those that enabled their decision-making.

In all honesty, though, we're watching some Texan death throes before they flip purple/blue in a few years. This type of thing is a gift to anyone in their great state trying to energize young people to get out to vote.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
I applaud the brave decision the Texas government has made. I've been saying for years that we should legally restrict the choices that women are allowed to make, and hunt down those that enabled their decision-making.

In all honesty, though, we're watching some Texan death throes before they flip purple/blue in a few years. This type of thing is a gift to anyone in their great state trying to energize young people to get out to vote.

Wait til you hear what they're doing on voting rights

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »

I get the excellent sarcasm, but isn’t this an avenue to sue gun manufacturers? Typical government shortsightedness and the law of unintended consequences?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2021, 09:33:12 AM »
What you wrote is exactly what John Roberts wrote in his dissent.

Seems like a logical take, but I’m no legal scholar. Although, according to some present day logic, I am now basically the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2021, 09:39:23 AM »
I get the excellent sarcasm, but isn’t this an avenue to sue gun manufacturers? Typical government shortsightedness and the law of unintended consequences?

The Sandy Hook families are suing Remington and while not Thee Supreme Court, the Connecticut State Supreme Court allowed it to proceed despite the gun manufacturers arguing that Federal law did not allow the case to proceed.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2021, 09:43:25 AM »
The Sandy Hook families are suing Remington and while not Thee Supreme Court, the Connecticut State Supreme Court allowed it to proceed despite the gun manufacturers arguing that Federal law did not allow the case to proceed.

I did read that the case is allowed to proceed, and the recent information requests by the gun manufacturers. Could the Texas law and specifically the private enforcement rights be applied to guns? Did Texas inadvertently shoot itself in the foot, so to speak?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2021, 09:49:34 AM »
I for one am looking forward to being able to sue people in other states for being unvaccinated despite having absolutely no standing. Looking at you Kirk Cousins.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2021, 09:57:50 AM »
Knock Texas all you want, but there would have been no Jerry Springer Show or Sally Jesse Raphael Show without it. Florida can't do everything, you know.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2021, 09:58:18 AM »

IANAL, but...

If a Texas doctor is akin to a gunshop, then the pharma companies are the gun manufacturers. Someone in Texas needs to sue a pharmaceutical company.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2021, 10:01:03 AM »
Going to be hard to top that.  Have to imagine it would put Ted Cruz in a tight spot railing against it while his constituents demand it, however

If we can get Ted to support it, Cancun Cowdicare literally rolls off of the tongue.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »

Remington is going all in. Now they are demanding the scholastic records of the 5 and 6 year olds that were murdered.

For real.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2021, 10:06:55 AM »
If we can get Ted to support it, Cancun Cowdicare literally rolls off of the tongue.

Given what 45 said about Ted’s wife, maybe he’s more into Bovine relations than we know of, not judging, of course
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2021, 10:07:27 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2021, 10:19:40 AM »

I think I blew it, should have been Moodicare

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »
We're edging slightly closer. Where is rocket?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2021, 12:30:50 PM »
We're edging slightly closer. Where is rocket?

Bounty hunting

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2021, 12:48:14 PM »
Texas should not have left the Big 12
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »
“It does not affect your daily life very much if your neighbor marries a box turtle. But that does not mean it is right. Now you must raise your children up in a world where that union of man and box turtle is on the same legal footing as man and wife.”

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.), advocating a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2021, 01:15:50 PM »
“It does not affect your daily life very much if your neighbor marries a box turtle. But that does not mean it is right. Now you must raise your children up in a world where that union of man and box turtle is on the same legal footing as man and wife.”

Doesn't address the fact that Heidi Cruz would rather be married to a box turtle

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »
Didn't they already secede?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2021, 01:44:00 PM »

You know there's not a single part of that I can argue with. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2021, 02:02:44 PM »
You all know Texas can divide into 5 states. Would not surprise me if DC became a state.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »
Well sure, 2 more donkey senators, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2021, 02:14:13 PM »
I find it amazing how much concern some people have had about Afghanistan in the last 2 weeks, but the last 20 years......................not so much.

Well they care now thanks to Biden and the asinine way he left the country.  People actually care about 13 serviceman getting killed when a total of zero were killed there in a year in a half.  And they also care about the stranded Americans there, as well as Afghan SIV's.  They additionally care about the weapons we left and the fact that our "over the horizon" capabilities are limited at best with no intelligence forces in the region.  And lastly, believe it or not, people care that women and girls, who have spent 20 years living with basic freedoms, will now have all of their rights taken away from them or be murdered by a terrorist regime. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2021, 02:20:10 PM »
Well they care now thanks to Biden and the asinine way he left the country.  People actually care about 13 serviceman getting killed when a total of zero were killed there in a year in a half.  And they also care about the stranded Americans there, as well as Afghan SIV's.  They additionally care about the weapons we left and the fact that our "over the horizon" capabilities are limited at best with no intelligence forces in the region.  And lastly, believe it or not, people care that women and girls, who have spent 20 years living with basic freedoms, will now have all of their rights taken away from them or be murdered by a terrorist regime.

Some things yes, some things no. However we gave the taliban almost nothing in terms of military gear. They will not be able to maintain the vehicles or air support. The guns are a dime a dozen.