[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Re: New COVID-19 board  (Read 2726 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: New COVID-19 board
« on: August 07, 2021, 04:50:31 PM »
ok, cool!  here is a very good attempt to explain COVID-19 from a more "level-headed" and fairly apolitical viewpoint by kevin roche.  a moderately long article, somewhat simplified from a biological standpoint however, for most to be able to follow.  i'm sure some here will try to "nit-pick' it apart with their "expertise" but the over all explanation is pretty solid

https://healthy-skeptic.com/2021/08/07/an-updated-big-picture-on-the-epidemic/

don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Re: New COVID-19 board
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 10:19:22 AM »
ok, cool!  here is a very good attempt to explain COVID-19 from a more "level-headed" and fairly apolitical viewpoint by kevin roche.  a moderately long article, somewhat simplified from a biological standpoint however, for most to be able to follow.  i'm sure some here will try to "nit-pick' it apart with their "expertise" but the over all explanation is pretty solid

https://healthy-skeptic.com/2021/08/07/an-updated-big-picture-on-the-epidemic/

Dude... He's a lawyer/health care consultant.  I don't need to 'nit-pick' any of this lunatic's 'expertise'.  He isn't an expert in anything except grifting dopes like yourself.  Also, his writing is conversational as hell, so I understand why you like it... but I know you like it more because it feeds into your confirmation bias.   You like what you're reading, so you think it is a good source.  This is where you go wrong most of the time.

Take this excerpt for example:

Now, as I have said repeatedly in the last couple of weeks, I thought we would be done by now, and I wouldn’t be writing much on this topic.  But the coronamonomania terrorists seem to have other ideas.

No one with a shred of professional credibility repeatedly refers to public health officials as "coronamonomania terrorists".  This should have been a MAJOR red flag that this guy is 100% an unhinged grifter.  Not to mention, two sentences later, he directs you to watch his (monetized) youtube videos.

The next large chunk of his blog describes how viruses replicate in humans and spread.  He does an alright job of this, but the average person won't know what he is talking about, so his target audience is someone with an education that doesn't understand virus replication.  Basically, nothing new to anyone on this board that has been paying attention for the last year and a half.  He then goes into his interpretations of how spread happens, without any evidence supporting his hypotheses... which he should probably avoid.

The real problematic piece is when he tries to tie is long winded description of viral replication (which anyone could pull and resummarize from wikipedia) and tie it to his politics.  He attempts to establish himself as an expert with his viral replication explanation, so that when he gets to his politics, you think he is an expert in both.  "Boy what a smart fella, plus he thinks like I do!"  Which brings us to where you logged on here and posted the article.  In a really weird spot... the stickied post at the top that is just for the mods to describe the scope of the covid 19 board.

So no, rocket, this guy isn't 'level-headed' or apolitical.  You're being duped (again) due to your confirmation bias.  You call this guy an expert (he isn't) because his BLOG aligns with your preconceived political beliefs.

Thank you for attending my TED talk.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 07:33:53 PM »
What Hards said.

He's a grifter.

Give some random wikipedia level science info to establish "authority" to his target audience, then post his political opinion that aligns with a specific crowd to hopefully get them to view his for profit content.

His political opinions themselves, are not rooted in any science, or data, in fact it runs directly contrary to well established data and science.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 08:15:55 PM »
His use of the phrase "coronamonomania terrorists" shows that he's serious-minded and objective.

To be fair, this isn't nearly as bad as some of rocket's previous experts.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 08:31:50 PM »
Same old. Same old.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 08:57:42 AM »
$10 that Rocket still uses AOL

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 09:31:06 AM »
$10 that Rocket still uses AOL

His homepage is still yahoo.com

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 10:07:13 AM »
His homepage is still yahoo.com

He posts vacation photos on Myspace.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 10:41:22 AM »
He posts vacation photos on Myspace.

He prints off Mapquest directions when driving to a new place.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »

He plays 16-bit Minesweeper in his down time.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:07:19 AM »
Rocket posting to MUScoop like

reinko

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 01:25:52 PM »
Nah, he is AAA trip ticker guy for show

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 08:31:28 PM »
rocket definitely still uses a corded mouse and mouse pad. One of those mouse pads with the gel wrist rest.

feedback