[Today at 08:43:00 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs  (Read 180098 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: 2021-22 NBA Thread: The Bucks are Reigning Champs
« Reply #375 on: October 26, 2021, 11:49:53 AM »
He's got game and swag. We could use some of that. Would've looked great reppin' da Blue and Gold, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #376 on: October 26, 2021, 11:59:40 AM »
He's got game and swag. We could use some of that. Would've looked great reppin' da Blue and Gold, aina?

A shame Da Hausers canceled him, nu?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #377 on: October 26, 2021, 12:19:02 PM »
A shame Da Hausers canceled him, nu?

One of the gravest mistakes Wojo made was bringing in the Hausers.  Coach and program killers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #378 on: October 26, 2021, 12:24:29 PM »
He said he thinks he should be in the same category/conversation as Luka, Trae, Ja.  “I feel like I’m in the same conversation as those guys, the young guys coming up in the league who can be All-Stars, superstars one day,” Herro said. “Luka [Doncic], Trae [Young], Ja [Morant], those guys like that. I feel like my name should be in that category, too.”

The difference between him and those guys are that it's not "one day" for those guys.  Those guys are superstars and he belongs nowhere near their names.  Those are all top 20 NBA players right now.  Herro has never been a starter for a team that has been the 6 seed and the 5 seed in the Eastern Conference in his two years.  Nice player.  Got hot in the bubble.  But LOL at him thinking he belongs in the same conversation as Luka, Trae, Ja.

Fair enough, I missed the quote.  But it just smacks of pettiness to laugh at him.  Again, every single great player in the league has that chip on that shoulder and their belief that they can play with anyone.  He never said that he's the best in the league, or he's better than them, just that he could be a future All Star like them.  He started slow last year but his percentages and splits ended up being just as good as in the bubble.  He's 22 and is just gonna get better.

Calling out not being a starter is dumb too. He's second on the team in minutes behind Jimmy this year and was basically 3rd last year.  Spo likes him off the bench early on.  He's every bit a starter in minutes and contribution. 

But its clear that you've made up your mind that you don't like him and he's a bum so none of this matters.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #379 on: October 26, 2021, 12:45:26 PM »
Fair enough, I missed the quote.  But it just smacks of pettiness to laugh at him.  Again, every single great player in the league has that chip on that shoulder and their belief that they can play with anyone.  He never said that he's the best in the league, or he's better than them, just that he could be a future All Star like them.  He started slow last year but his percentages and splits ended up being just as good as in the bubble.  He's 22 and is just gonna get better.

Calling out not being a starter is dumb too. He's second on the team in minutes behind Jimmy this year and was basically 3rd last year.  Spo likes him off the bench early on.  He's every bit a starter in minutes and contribution. 

But its clear that you've made up your mind that you don't like him and he's a bum so none of this matters.

Never said he's a bum.  I do think he is not anywhere close to a top 20 NBA player, which is what he's calling himself by saying he belongs in the same conversation as Ja, Trae, and Luka.  He's nowhere close.  It's honestly not even debatable whatsoever.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #380 on: October 26, 2021, 12:56:38 PM »
Never said he's a bum.  I do think he is not anywhere close to a top 20 NBA player, which is what he's calling himself by saying he belongs in the same conversation as Ja, Trae, and Luka.  He's nowhere close.  It's honestly not even debatable whatsoever.

Not a top 20 player?

He ain’t even close to top 50.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #381 on: October 26, 2021, 01:07:09 PM »
Not a top 20 player?

He ain’t even close to top 50.

Agreed.  And Trae, Luka, and Ja are all top 20 players.  Which is why I said LOL to his quote about him thinking he should be in the conversation with those three guys.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #382 on: October 26, 2021, 01:17:36 PM »
Herro is capable of being an explosive scorer but can be streaky.  He's also a very good rebounder for a guard and a decent playmaker.  The guy may have all-star potential but when you're talking Doncic, Morant, or Young?  He's not close to their level right now.  I need a bigger sample size but it would not surprise me if Morant winds up being the best of the three.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #383 on: October 26, 2021, 01:20:58 PM »
He is definitely not in their tier and he will get poked fun at for it, but I don’t see an issue with the comment. Unless, he’s acting like he’s already a top-20 player and hurting the team.

He’s probably got Jimmy as a mentor and I don’t know if anyone has more confidence in themselves than Jimmy. I’m sure that’s part of the reason he went from defensive role player to a star in the league. If that is the mentality Herro has to have to succeed, then if I were a Heat fan, I’d be fine with him thinking that way.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #384 on: October 26, 2021, 01:27:48 PM »

I mean nobody is disagreeing with that.  I just took as wanting to be in the conversation of guys who are the future and next wave of stars of the league.  Which doesn't bother me.  I didn't read it as "im just as good right now".

FWIW, I don't think Trae Young is a top 20 player.  Ja and Luka, definitely.  Gets talked about like Curry with unlimited range and threat from everywhere yet Curry has never shot below 41% from 3 for a season and his career average is 43%...which is 10 points higher than Young's 34%.  He's not an efficient scorer (eFG is almost always under 50%) and I'll wait to see if the NBA actually cracks down on his foul hunting BS.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #385 on: October 26, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
I mean nobody is disagreeing with that.  I just took as wanting to be in the conversation of guys who are the future and next wave of stars of the league.  Which doesn't bother me.  I didn't read it as "im just as good right now".

FWIW, I don't think Trae Young is a top 20 player.  Ja and Luka, definitely.  Gets talked about like Curry with unlimited range and threat from everywhere yet Curry has never shot below 41% from 3 for a season and his career average is 43%...which is 10 points higher than Young's 34%.  He's not an efficient scorer (eFG is almost always under 50%) and I'll wait to see if the NBA actually cracks down on his foul hunting BS.

In Trae's defense, Curry is Curry.  You can't compare anyone to him imo.  Obviously Lebron and perhaps Durant and Giannis will wind up higher on the all-time great list, but Curry is significantly better than the guards of his era. This is just a fact despite many of them being Hall of Famers.  Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, and some of the young gums may think they're better.  Some have pretty gaudy stats.  Uh....they're not.  And I think Curry has more left in the tank than people realize.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #386 on: October 26, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »
He is definitely not in their tier and he will get poked fun at for it, but I don’t see an issue with the comment. Unless, he’s acting like he’s already a top-20 player and hurting the team.

He’s probably got Jimmy as a mentor and I don’t know if anyone has more confidence in themselves than Jimmy. I’m sure that’s part of the reason he went from defensive role player to a star in the league. If that is the mentality Herro has to have to succeed, then if I were a Heat fan, I’d be fine with him thinking that way.

Ha I’m with you. It’s amazing the tilt such a standard comment is causing.

Is he anywhere close to those guys?? Clearly no.

Was he also just very clearly trying to be confident in himself? Yes.

One of the most harmless comments possible.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #387 on: October 26, 2021, 07:31:14 PM »
Ha I’m with you. It’s amazing the tilt such a standard comment is causing.

Is he anywhere close to those guys?? Clearly no.

Was he also just very clearly trying to be confident in himself? Yes.

One of the most harmless comments possible.

I like to argue with you , PGs, but you are 100% right here. :-[

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #388 on: October 26, 2021, 08:05:46 PM »
Philly better find a trade for Ben Simmons or Doc could be out of job relatively soon. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #389 on: October 26, 2021, 10:15:47 PM »
The Spurs may be the worst team in the league.  I'm curious if Pop goes through the session? 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2021, 10:26:31 PM »
The Spurs may be the worst team in the league.  I'm curious if Pop goes through the session?

And they still almost beat the lakers.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #391 on: October 26, 2021, 10:35:58 PM »
And they still almost beat the lakers.

They should have won although Lebron didn't play.  They missed all 7 free throws in the 4Q.  That's honestly a terrible basketball team and going nowhere. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #392 on: October 27, 2021, 12:09:33 AM »
Ja Morant is good player, but at this point I wouldn't say he's top 20.  I'd say 30-40 but rising.

Luka is top 10. Trae Young top 20 based on last year but could go either up or down a little.

Herro maybe top 200.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #393 on: October 27, 2021, 12:18:38 AM »
Ja Morant is good player, but at this point I wouldn't say he's top 20.  I'd say 30-40 but rising.

Luka is top 10. Trae Young top 20 based on last year but could go either up or down a little.

Herro maybe top 200.

I’d take Ja over Trae Young 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.  Better size, better rebounder, more athletic, and while he’s not known as a shooter, he’s got just as good of an eFG as Young and isn’t that far behind him in 3P shooting.  Way higher ceiling IMO.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #394 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:22 AM »
I’d take Ja over Trae Young 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.  Better size, better rebounder, more athletic, and while he’s not known as a shooter, he’s got just as good of an eFG as Young and isn’t that far behind him in 3P shooting.  Way higher ceiling IMO.

Young definitely has his flaws. Streaky shooter and bad defender. But Morant hasn't been much of a defender either and his career rebounding rate of 6.5% barely edges Young's 6.3%.

Young gets the edge in assist rate 43.7% to 34.4% and O rating 113 to 109. Right, Young is just a bit better.  Sure, Morant could pass him up. Ja definitely has better athletic tools than Trae.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #395 on: October 27, 2021, 06:36:25 AM »
Trae is awesome. He is as important to the Hawks as Harden was to the Rockets, pre and post CP3. Yes, the Hawks have a collection of good young talent around him. But if you take him off the Hawks and replace him with an average PG they are fighting to make the play in tournament. He makes absolutely everything happen for them.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #396 on: October 27, 2021, 06:57:14 AM »

Herro maybe top 200.

Maybe top 200 lol.

He’s very, very easily in the top 100
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #397 on: October 27, 2021, 09:16:04 AM »
Maybe top 200 lol.

Herro's advanced stat rankings from 2020-21:

Win Shares
T-230

WS/48

Box Plus/Minus
T-141

Value Over Replacement Player
T-213

I know advanced stats aren't everything, but those rankings make it hard for me to rank Herro in the top 100.

I'd lump him somewhere in the 150-250 range.  But I haven't ranked players that deep, so I can't tell you exactly where I'd rank Herro.

Herro has the upside to move up the rankings, but he needs to become more consistent first.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #398 on: October 27, 2021, 10:35:19 AM »
Maybe top 200 lol.

In his own mind only.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #399 on: October 27, 2021, 10:47:02 AM »
I might be wrong, but I very much doubt Herro will be signing his second contract with the Heat unless it is part of a sign and trade.  Butler, Bam and Lowery are their core.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback