collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Milwaukee Commercial  (Read 2903 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Milwaukee Commercial
« on: July 17, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »
My opinion….the commercial on the NBA finals s nice, but greatly undersells Milwaukee.. 

Wrestling.  Really?

Give me more Summerfest, more Sprecher, more East Side, more frozen custard, more 16th and Wells, more bloody Mary’s with a whole fried chicken, etc, etc…..

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Milwaukee Commercial
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 04:58:13 PM »
Sprecher? Really?
Maigh Eo for Sam

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 05:00:16 PM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2021, 05:02:00 PM »
Name your brew

Me personally or in general? I mean the old Miller cellar, the lakefront brewery river walk.  The patio at good city looking over the deer district and forum. There's better ones that encapsulate everything
Maigh Eo for Sam

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 05:10:58 PM »
Me personally or in general? I mean the old Miller cellar, the lakefront brewery river walk.  The patio at good city looking over the deer district and forum. There's better ones that encapsulate everything

Good calls.

I have a great experience with Sprecher back in 1998. We spent a week in their tap room on a rainy Saturday afternoon. Just a wonderful, authentic Milwaukee experience. Ended up the day at Zur Krone with boots.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »
I laughed at Sprecher too.

MS VI might have to include a brewery.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 07:34:08 PM »
Grain free, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 07:38:53 PM »
Good calls.

I have a great experience with Sprecher back in 1998. We spent a week in their tap room on a rainy Saturday afternoon. Just a wonderful, authentic Milwaukee experience. Ended up the day at Zur Krone with boots.

1998?  And Zur Krone’s closed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 07:45:50 PM »
1998?  And Zur Krone’s closed.

Yep.  Was a Milwaukee classic.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2021, 09:00:35 AM »
Grain free, doe, hey?

Still beating this silly drum, huh?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2021, 09:10:43 AM »
Grain free, doe, hey?

New grist is gluten free enjoy
Maigh Eo for Sam

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 11:24:19 AM »
Sprecher? Really?

Galway,

Before you were probably alive, Randy Sprecher was part of only a handful of microbrewers in the whole country.  In his old brewery, he was passionate about his authentic German beer.  Back then, it was unpasteurized, and was fresh as it’s gets. Randy  is one of The Godfather’s of modern micro brewing.

The old brewery where he started was just awesome.  A mix of a cave, old bricks, and karma.

In 1998, my now bride and I went to Milwaukee to see my old class of ‘83 classmate, Greg Raffensperger (RIP).  It was a rainy Saturday, and Greg suggested touring a new brewery in town.

Arrived about 11, paid our dollar for the tour (guide said they charged $1 to keep the rif raf out).

The tour took about 20 minutes, then some sampling. After about an hour, the tour guide said “someone at the brewery was getting married,  here’s how you work the taps, help yourselves”. 

Around 3:00, an employee told us he’d be closing up in a bit, so have a few more before we close. 

We headed to Zur Krone around 4:00 for a boot or two.

Lots of great beer out there today.  I has some Prairie stout yesterday. From that widely recognized brewery region of Oklahoma City. 

Today’s brewers need to tip their hats to the Randy Sprecher’s of the world.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2021, 11:30:26 AM »
Galway,

Before you were probably alive, Randy Sprecher was part of only a handful of microbrewers in the whole country.  In his old brewery, he was passionate about his authentic German beer.  Back then, it was unpasteurized, and was fresh as it’s gets. Randy  is one of The Godfather’s of modern micro brewing.

The old brewery where he started was just awesome.  A mix of a cave, old bricks, and karma.

In 1998, my now bride and I went to Milwaukee to see my old class of ‘83 classmate, Greg Raffensperger (RIP).  It was a rainy Saturday, and Greg suggested touring a new brewery in town.

Arrived about 11, paid our dollar for the tour (guide said they charged $1 to keep the rif raf out).

The tour took about 20 minutes, then some sampling. After about an hour, the tour guide said “someone at the brewery was getting married,  here’s how you work the taps, help yourselves”. 

Around 3:00, an employee told us he’d be closing up in a bit, so have a few more before we close. 

Lots of great beer out there today.  I has some Prairie stout yesterday. From that widely recognized brewery region of Oklahoma City. 

Agreed. I make fun of Capital Brewing in Madison too but they were on the forefront of this craze. Unfortunately the marketplace has passed them both by.

And I miss Zur Krone. Spent many a Saturday evening in my early 20s there by the light of the Polish Moon.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2021, 11:32:23 AM »
Well said Fluff.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 12:26:53 PM »
Galway,

I mean I get it's slightly older than many of the other first wave craft breweries but their Hefeweizen is so sweet and tastes processed, the stout is watery, the pilsners decent iirc. I just mean sprecher opened in 85 lakefront in 87, between the two lakefront is miles ahead of sprecher.

That being said that's wonderful experience to have had there and I get why you'd have such fond feelings toward them.
Maigh Eo for Sam

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 08:26:18 PM »
Galway,

Lots of great beer out there today.
I has some Prairie stout yesterday. From that widely recognized brewery region of Oklahoma City. 

Prairie makes fiiiiine beer.

Give me a Bomb! anyday.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 08:39:58 PM »
Had one (or two) yesterday.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 11:20:16 AM »
Ah yes, the golden days of Sprecher. Recall Randy steadfastly stating during tours that he would never pasteurize his brews and that this new root beer would sufficiently subsidize his brewing operations. At least one could drink all afternoon on a tour back then before MAD, now I wouldn't want to lol.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2021, 01:01:06 PM »
I mean I get it's slightly older than many of the other first wave craft breweries but their Hefeweizen is so sweet and tastes processed, the stout is watery, the pilsners decent iirc. I just mean sprecher opened in 85 lakefront in 87, between the two lakefront is miles ahead of sprecher.

That being said that's wonderful experience to have had there and I get why you'd have such fond feelings toward them.

The focus went to the soda, since that paid for everything. Once craft beer shifted to the hop race it left them a little behind. Same with Capital out in Madison before Kirby left. Great bocks, but struggled to diversify.

That said, I think here's room in this market for a brewery to make some really great lagers. A place like Dovetail would do some damage in MKE.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:21:13 PM by MUfan12 »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 01:48:57 PM »
The focus went to the soda, since that paid for everything. Once craft beer shifted to the hop race it left them a little behind. Same with Capital out in Madison before Kirby left. Great bocks, but struggled to diversify.

That said, I think here's room in this market for a brewery to make some really great lagers. A place like Dovetail in MKE would do some damage.

IIRC, Kirby said he'd never make an IPA, then 2 of the initial brews at WI Brewing were IPAs.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 10:42:27 AM »
Just wanted to move this thread from between two locked ones.  Euuuuw,  need to take a shower now.   :D

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »
Just wanted to move this thread from between two locked ones.  Euuuuw,  need to take a shower now.   :D

Some people show no respect to the mods.  It's a shame that an adult could be so disrespectful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 12:38:58 PM »
Some people show no respect to the mods.  It's a shame that an adult could be so disrespectful.

Between that and doxxing a fellow scooper, it’s been a sad month or so here
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.