collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Myles Powell  (Read 2465 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Myles Powell
« on: July 15, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »
Crazy story.

Seton Hall/Willard better be able to prove it isn't true

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

JWags85

• All American
Re: Myles Powell
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 11:57:45 AM »
Odds that Powell does this if he became an NBA roster player like he expected?

Obviously not villifying Powell or justifying any malpractice on behalf of SHU, just kind of interesting given timing.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
Odds that Powell does this if he became an NBA roster player like he expected?

Obviously not villifying Powell or justifying any malpractice on behalf of SHU, just kind of interesting given timing.

It is interesting, but depending on what was known about his injury and the effects it would have on him long term, it makes sense that he wouldn't want to publicly litigate the status of of his knee while trying to stick on an NBA roster.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
Can you sue a doctor for getting a diagnosis wrong?  I’d imagine Powell’s claims will be pretty hard to prove without recorded conversations or texts/emails from the doctor and Willard.

Powell was a good college player who, because of his size, doesn’t really fit in the NBA.  Reminds me of DJO in that regard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 12:21:34 PM »
It is interesting, but depending on what was known about his injury and the effects it would have on him long term, it makes sense that he wouldn't want to publicly litigate the status of of his knee while trying to stick on an NBA roster.

The NBA would have been well aware of any knee issues.  There’s no hiding that
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 12:22:12 PM »
Can you sue a doctor for getting a diagnosis wrong?  I’d imagine Powell’s claims will be pretty hard to prove without recorded conversations or texts/emails from the doctor and Willard.

Powell was a good college player who, because of his size, doesn’t really fit in the NBA.  Reminds me of DJO in that regard.

It'll be especially hard two years later.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2021, 12:39:48 PM »

Agreed. He’d pretty much have to have proof that the trainer and Willard realized it was a torn meniscus but determined not to treat as such so he got through the year. I guess if there was negligence in not doing proper scans that would have identified the torn meniscus, that could be a reason to sue. Definitely not a lawyer though.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 09:23:52 PM »
Can Theo sue to get his BET ejection reversed?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2021, 07:39:36 AM »
Agreed. He’d pretty much have to have proof that the trainer and Willard realized it was a torn meniscus but determined not to treat as such so he got through the year.

I don't think that's true.  I think that all they would have to establish is that the trainer didn't follow procedures to diagnose further when it became clear that it may be more severe.

IMO, this will be settled and we will never hear the amount.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 08:16:33 AM »
IMO, this will be settled and we will never hear the amount.

Ding ding ding
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 09:26:40 AM »
The NBA would have been well aware of any knee issues.  There’s no hiding that

I don’t know about that. Normally, they would. They put any draftable players through extensive medical tests before drafting them. I don’t know if they did that last year because of Covid.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »
So is he blacklisting himself to never being invited back for games, ceremonies, etc? I would think so as long as Willard’s the coach
Bring back FFP!!!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 12:11:55 PM »
So is he blacklisting himself to never being invited back for games, ceremonies, etc? I would think so as long as Willard’s the coach

Does he care?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »

Does he care?

Those were my thoughts exactly.  I don’t think he plans on being Seton Hall’s version of Robert Jackson, where he sits under the hoop at home games and during timeouts he stands up and goes close enough to the huddle in the hopes that people in the crowd might mistake him for being part of the program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 01:48:00 PM »
Those were my thoughts exactly.  I don’t think he plans on being Seton Hall’s version of Robert Jackson, where he sits under the hoop at home games and during timeouts he stands up and goes close enough to the huddle in the hopes that people in the crowd might mistake him for being part of the program.

Does Robert Jackson do this?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 01:55:49 PM »
Does Robert Jackson do this?

I think Wojo kind of iced him out, but when Crean and Buzz were here, yeah, he was a hanger-on.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 02:51:11 PM »
I think Wojo kind of iced him out, but when Crean and Buzz were here, yeah, he was a hanger-on.

I believe he does a lot in the community with the Boys and Girls club. I think it’s good for both parties that Robert Jackson is involved. Seems like an MU Basketball connection to the Boys and Girls Club is a natural fit. Watching games, I never saw him try to appear he was in the huddle.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2021, 06:04:27 AM »
I believe he does a lot in the community with the Boys and Girls club. I think it’s good for both parties that Robert Jackson is involved. Seems like an MU Basketball connection to the Boys and Girls Club is a natural fit. Watching games, I never saw him try to appear he was in the huddle.

Agreed, strange thing to be snarky about. Very weird hang up to cling to

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2021, 12:53:16 PM »
Agreed, strange thing to be snarky about. Very weird hang up to cling to

+1

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2021, 07:46:11 AM »

He also does (or has done) work for the Blue and Gold fund.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 08:41:43 AM »
A charitable guy who also likes attending games to cheer on the school he helped take to its last Final Four appearance. Sounds like a real jerk!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2021, 09:10:15 AM »
A charitable guy who also likes attending games to cheer on the school he helped take to its last Final Four appearance. Sounds like a real jerk!

He is also a coach for Playground Elite now, so having RJ anywhere near a cuddle is unwise, hey.

feedback