2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos  (Read 21530 times)

SWARM!

• Starter
Re: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »
Kinda weird he hasn't replied to this thread yet, hey? 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2021, 10:50:50 AM »
BLM was drunk and dressed slutty.

The victim shaming angle from the usual suspects jumped out to me as well.

Thoroughly shocking and disgraceful example of inhumanity from the person involved but zero shock at who the person is that behaved in this egregious manner.

He's been plenty unhinged in this forum for close to a decade and in the year of our Lord 2021 you cannot blithely rely on a "but he's different in real life" defense of indefensible behavior.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2021, 10:51:35 AM »
If you're not trying to equate the two, you're doing a poor job.  Two people felt like you were.

That's simply a case of how some people choose to interpret, or spin things.  Especially if they don't like the message.

We can all agree that trying to get someone fired for non work behavior is not right. 

it's interesting though that people can be held accountable for what they say in social media when their employer deems it reflects poorly on the company.  Now, please, don't read into that statement too much....

When Hards calls people horrible names, like coward, etc., he's doing it anonymously.  That does not reflect on his employer, and should be a non issue.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2021, 10:55:56 AM »
That's simply a case of how some people choose to interpret, or spin things.  Especially if they don't like the message.

We can all agree that trying to get someone fired for non work behavior is not right. 

it's interesting though that people can be held accountable for what they say in social media when their employer deems it reflects poorly on the company.  Now, please, don't read into that statement too much....

When Hards calls people horrible names, like coward, etc., he's doing it anonymously.  That does not reflect on his employer, and should be a non issue.

Coward is a horrible name?  LMAO.  Snowflakes gonna snowflake I guess.  Furthermore, your 'crew' removed my relative anonymity last year.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2021, 11:03:29 AM »
Hards

#1 I have no idea if he sent the email or not.
#2 Not defending him, simply saying I am not going to convict him because BLM and topper said he is quilty.
#3 If he sent the email, and wants to confirm that, he owes BLM an apology and any ban the mods give him.
#4 Keefe has seen everyone's post (he posted on scoop today) and there is zero need for a private conversation.
#5 My feelings are well documented in this thread...no one should cross certain line and the email did that. Enough said. Keefe does not need a lecture from anyone on here...he is a big boy.
#6 You and your friends on here have said some horrible things on scoop, has anyone of ever called each other to say "that was over the top?"

I know this wasn't addressed to me but regarding number 6 I've been called out by two of my friends in person or text, in those the rare moments I've gotten hot headed
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:12:28 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2021, 11:11:14 AM »
They are not equivalent.

Figured that's what you intended but every time I read it the equivalency seemed drawn. Perhaps it wasn't the greatest moment to use that glass houses metaphor.
Maigh Eo for Sam

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »
I think everyone needs to chill out. BLM has every right to be pissed because someone (keefe) trying to get him fired is inexcusable and down right wrong, but he seems to have found humor in it which I commend him for.

Everyone else is overreacting
Bring back FFP!!!

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2021, 11:29:14 AM »
  if google is "your friend", google his phone number and text him yourself.  you miss the email bl M  doxxed  out to the whole scoop nation before rocky edited it out?  call your buddy bl M and ask him for it. 

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=keefe%27s+phone+number

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
Maybe Marquette letter-writing campaigns are catching on?

The Hausers wrote to Wojo about how sad they felt. Their desired outcome: Get Wojo, the guy responsible for changing the situation they're in, to see their point of view.

Keefe wrote to BLM's HR department because his feelings got hurt. His desired outcome: Financially injure a poster with no direct benefit to himself.

Same same, not same.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2021, 11:30:00 AM »
Figured this would end in name calling.  Soooo predictable.
Says "easily triggered woke posse" guy. Soooo hypocritical.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:43:08 AM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »
They are not equivalent.

I don't think you're equating the two, but you're clearly insinuating that keefe's actions are a consequence of what BLM has written here. You may not agree that it's a justified consequence, but you're connecting the dots. Which is completely ridiculous.
It's the equivalent of saying "Nobody should be raped, but what do you expect when you pass out at a frat party dressed like that?" Only here it's, "Nobody should have their job threatened. but what do you expect when you write things on Scoop that keefe doesn't like?"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2021, 11:38:56 AM »
Kinda weird he hasn't replied to this thread yet, hey?
The brazen it out and pretend it wasn't him strategy. Not surprising.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2021, 11:51:05 AM »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2021, 11:58:59 AM »
I think everyone needs to chill out. BLM has every right to be pissed because someone (keefe) trying to get him fired is inexcusable and down right wrong, but he seems to have found humor in it which I commend him for.

I don't know - I already tend to think that discretion is the better part of valor when it comes to posting here (not that I've always lived up to that).  But knowing that folks are lurking on this board with a penchant for trying to uncover the IRL identities of posters and then cause negative real life consequences based on their posts pretty much nukes the upside of engaging on this forum for me.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2021, 12:07:46 PM »
This thread is really something.  Probably the most bizarre Scoop moment since Hoopaloop/Chicos were outed as one and the same.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2021, 12:16:52 PM »
He's been plenty unhinged in this forum for close to a decade and in the year of our Lord 2021 you cannot blithely rely on a "but he's different in real life" defense of indefensible behavior.

We're still going on the "defending his behavior" angle?  Have you read the damn thread?  Your bias is showing strongly.  Go back and read Uncle Rico's excellent summation a few pages back.

And any "different in real life" descriptions have largely been grounded in surprise at the turn of events, not saying its some witch hunt or justification of anything that happened.  I had a good friend get banned on Twitter cause he took some arguments too far and made some general threats of violence.  Dude has never been in actual fight in his life and let his online persona carry too far.  Happens all the time.  Was I surprised to hear it?  Was it totally out of character to his IRL persona?  Absolutely.  Doesn't mean it was right or justified but its certainly not who I normally know him to be.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2021, 12:23:15 PM »

Well the mods confirmed at least one other poster's HR was contacted. So I think it's fair for anyone he doesn't eat meat with, to have general anxiety about this and express said anxiety.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
Yes

Cowardice is a behavior.  Have the courage to stand up and say something is wrong no matter who does it, and say it with your chest.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2021, 12:30:15 PM »
I feel very fortunate that I have no employer, as I am sure it was extra humiliating for him to be called out by a female.  But then, maybe he thought that his misogynistic retorts were sufficient.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2021, 12:33:37 PM »
Maybe Marquette letter-writing campaigns are catching on?

The Hausers wrote to Wojo about how sad they felt. Their desired outcome: Get Wojo, the guy responsible for changing the situation they're in, to see their point of view.

Keefe wrote to BLM's HR department because his feelings got hurt. His desired outcome: Financially injure a poster with no direct benefit to himself.

Same same, not same.

This is what makes the guy such a low-life scumball.

He WASN'T just trying to financially injure a poster. He was trying to injure a poster's wife and children, as well.

He has shown us over and over who he is. Can't we just accept it?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2021, 12:39:35 PM »
It has been stated by many and  I guess universally accepted here that Keefe’s motive was to “get BLM fired”. I confess to knowing next to nothing about HR departments - they didn’t exist when I actually worked for a corporation and for the last 45 years I’ve been self employed. But if I ran one and some guy out of the blue sent me an email telling me that one of my employees was spending a lot of time on his college basketball team’s message board I don’t think I’d take it all that seriously. A bad joke, yes. Mean spirited mischief meant to make BLM angry and uncomfortable? Yes. And the way I read BLM’s post, that’s exactly how his HR guy took it. Which begs the question:would a smart guy like Keefe really think that a note about an employee posting on a basketball website would result in the employee being fired? I don’t for a moment think so.

This doesn’t change my opinion that it never should have happened, that it was over the top. Insults and infighting on Scoop are one thing. Taking them beyond our borders is something all together different.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2021, 12:44:03 PM »
I don't think you're equating the two, but you're clearly insinuating that keefe's actions are a consequence of what BLM has written here. You may not agree that it's a justified consequence, but you're connecting the dots. Which is completely ridiculous.
It's the equivalent of saying "Nobody should be raped, but what do you expect when you pass out at a frat party dressed like that?" Only here it's, "Nobody should have their job threatened. but what do you expect when you write things on Scoop that keefe doesn't like?"

Never said that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2021, 12:44:15 PM »
Dude...smdh.

You've already moved on to the "was it really all that bad?" rationalization. Terrible look.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2021, 12:44:25 PM »
Lenny

If BLM has not been fired for BLM, an email to HR is not going to do him in.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2021, 12:47:53 PM »
It has been stated by many and  I guess universally accepted here that Keefe’s motive was to “get BLM fired”. I confess to knowing next to nothing about HR departments - they didn’t exist when I actually worked for a corporation and for the last 45 years I’ve been self employed. But if I ran one and some guy out of the blue sent me an email telling me that one of my employees was spending a lot of time on his college basketball team’s message board I don’t think I’d take it all that seriously. A bad joke, yes. Mean spirited mischief meant to make BLM angry and uncomfortable? Yes. And the way I read BLM’s post, that’s exactly how his HR guy took it. Which begs the question:would a smart guy like Keefe really think that a note about an employee posting on a basketball website would result in the employee being fired? I don’t for a moment think so.

This doesn’t change my opinion that it never should have happened, that it was over the top. Insults and infighting on Scoop are one thing. Taking them beyond our borders is something all together different.

This is a valid take. Not the one I believe is true, given his propensity to randomly insult people past a normal heated discussion (his attacks on the two firemen's profession for example) and generally how volatile his online persona has been.  That being said you could very well be correct. 
Maigh Eo for Sam