[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What's the word on Garcia?  (Read 162180 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: What's the word on Garcia?
« Reply #650 on: June 30, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »
Exactly, just like when the Hausers quit

The Hausers leaving was symbolic of a problem in the program.

Garcia leaving is hardly that.  Sure I want him to return no doubt.  But if he's not interested, then he's not interested.  Life goes on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #651 on: June 30, 2021, 10:09:54 AM »
Could be anywhere in the world & will potentially spend his 2 years on a college campus in Milwaukee & Champaign.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #652 on: June 30, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
Exactly, just like when the Hausers quit
Easy for you to say, especially to give an out for your help, Wojo-Dukiet
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #653 on: June 30, 2021, 10:23:29 AM »
Dime beers? When was that. The last time I had a dime beer was a 7 ounce tap in 1966.

By 1977, dime beers were a quarter.  And often times green beer served in May.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #654 on: June 30, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
Easy for you to say, especially to give an out for your help, Wojo-Dukiet

I have no idea what you just said but next man up
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #655 on: June 30, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
I can Confirm that DG is currently in a restaurant in C-U dining with the Illinois coaching staff.Underwood is very old school and known to yell and scream alot @ his players.Not sure how DG would handle that.Also the entire world should be aware after the Loyola game that he is not very good @ making half time adjustments.

This is vaguely reminiscent of posts made during Garcia's Indiana visit prior to his Marquette commitment!  Tip: don't have your picture taken with him in the restaurant - it will queer the deal!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #656 on: June 30, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »
Could be anywhere in the world & will potentially spend his 2 years on a college campus in Milwaukee & Champaign.

Winters notwithstanding, Milwaukee is solid. Heck of a lot better than Bloomington, Indiana or Stillwater, Oklahoma.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #657 on: June 30, 2021, 11:42:20 AM »
Winters notwithstanding, Milwaukee is solid. Heck of a lot better than Bloomington, Indiana or Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Winters notwithstanding is kinda like the Bataan Death March being a great hike, Japanese soldiers not withstanding

Death on call

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #658 on: June 30, 2021, 01:05:32 PM »
Winters notwithstanding is kinda like the Bataan Death March being a great hike, Japanese soldiers not withstanding

Yeah, it's exactly like that.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #659 on: June 30, 2021, 10:21:51 PM »
Chapel Hill  :-\

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #660 on: July 01, 2021, 12:32:29 AM »
Midget -- on Wells and 24th -- was one of my "home bars" as an upperclassman. When I was there, Schlitz taps were 35 cents. But I don't doubt they were a dime a decade earlier.

My freshman year, a couple of places had dime taps the day of games, and one (can't remember which) even had nickel taps. Both had limits for how many one could buy.

But at various times during my years at MU, the Gym and State House both had quarter-tap nights, and several places had dollar-pitcher nights.

Or so I'm told.

Midget was a cool little bar.  I lived in 24th and Wells then in that 4+1 on the NE corner

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #661 on: July 01, 2021, 03:55:30 AM »
I have no idea what you just said but next man up
Sorry, meant to say an out or an excuse for your hero, Wojo-Dukiet
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #662 on: July 01, 2021, 05:19:47 AM »
Sorry, meant to say an out or an excuse for your hero, Wojo-Dukiet

No excuse.  Next man up. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #663 on: July 01, 2021, 05:33:18 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Viper

• All American
« Reply #664 on: July 01, 2021, 08:01:05 AM »
pure college towns are tough to beat.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #665 on: July 01, 2021, 08:25:23 AM »

Have you been to Bloomington or Stillwater?  Or Tuscoloosa or Manhattan, KS?  It's pretty easy to beat all of them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #666 on: July 01, 2021, 08:42:08 AM »

I've been to the two towns I listed. Milwaukee has them beat, and it's not close. The campuses are nice. The towns? Blah.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #667 on: July 01, 2021, 08:44:02 AM »
I've been to the two towns I listed. Milwaukee has them beat, and it's not close. The campuses are nice. The towns? Blah.

Pure college towns are great between ages 18-22.  After that, not so much. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #668 on: July 01, 2021, 08:59:30 AM »
Pure college towns are great between ages 18-22.  After that, not so much.

And maybe not what every college student is looking for. I think a campus in a city is a selling point to many.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #669 on: July 01, 2021, 09:14:09 AM »
I really like Milwaukee.  Wish I could spend more time there but I live a bit away, still in the area, however and we drive in once a month or so.  But not the same as living there.  I've traveled a lot, seen a lot of places, and unless you want NYC, or small or hot weather, it is a great place.

It's a beautiful city, lot's of neighborhoods, food scenes, beer gardens and beer everywhere and parties/events outside for half the year. Weather is great 2/3 of the year for those of us who don't like hot and humid.  December - March I could live without, that is for sure, but I have learned to get out in it and counterintuitively it actually makes the winters a lot more tolerable.  It took me most of my lifetime to not fight the winter, and instead embrace it and get out into it and make use of it. 

The number one key is that it is a livable city and has really grown up over the last 20 years.

For me the midwest is fine, as I love Spring and Fall, put on a pair of jeans, a tee shirt, and a fleece jacket and go. No bugs, no humidity, crisp air.

For those who like Florida in the Spring, Summer, and Fall, I can see why they'd hate the midwest or Northeast.  But I talk to too many people in FL/AZ who hibernate in the summer, A/C on, and blinds drawn.  As one older guy in AZ tells me, it isn't bad in the summer, I just go out before 8:00 AM.  So, kinda like winter without the snow.  But I am sure that many don't care and get out and golf, etc, regardless of the temp/sun.

Now, if one could afford to live in San Diego, with money to live the right way there, well... that might be the best weather for a guy like me who doesn't like hot and humid.  Hassle getting around, but I could live with that: Cooler, fewer bugs, etc. 

An aside: Shout out to Kevin O'Neill who I heard on the Mac's podcast mention that he is living on Coronado and loving it. Ocean view. Said he is working at a law firm 3 hours a day and loving life.  I'd love to know what he does at the law firm.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #670 on: July 01, 2021, 09:15:56 AM »
And maybe not what every college student is looking for. I think a campus in a city is a selling point to many.

I think we probably over value the college experience based on our own personal experiences.  Everyone has their own desires in what they want out of the college experience

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #671 on: July 01, 2021, 09:21:00 AM »
I love Milwaukee. After MU I lived in Chicago for 4 years before moving back home to Detroit. I’ve been back in Detroit coming up on 7 years now and whenever someone asks me “do you miss living in Chicago?” My first response is always “I miss being 90 miles from Milwaukee”
Bring back FFP!!!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #672 on: July 01, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »
An aside: Shout out to Kevin O'Neill who I heard on the Mac's podcast mention that he is living on Coronado and loving it. Ocean view. Said he is working at a law firm 3 hours a day and loving life.  I'd love to know what he does at the law firm.

Cusses out associates when they file sloppy briefs.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #673 on: July 01, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »
Cusses out associates when they file sloppy briefs.

Figured he does trial prep for a witness to practice being cross examined.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #674 on: July 01, 2021, 09:47:59 AM »

Milwaukee is a nice, average Midwestern city. Nice Volk, situated on Lake Michigan.

But the weather there isn't at all favorable. I also lived in Ann Arbor which has the same climate - brutal winters and humid summers. Given a choice I would take A2 every time.

B1G college towns have so much more going culturally than Milwaukee. I hate to say it but Madison is preferable to Milwaukee as a place to live. 

Death on call

feedback