Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What's the word on Garcia?  (Read 162223 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: What's the word on Garcia?
« Reply #600 on: June 28, 2021, 02:47:25 PM »
Nutmeg

Good Lord but this is absurd. Seattle had 4 days in recorded history above 100. We will double that by tomorrow.

We moved out of our downtown high rise (Seattle has turned into a craphole in many ways) for a place on the water. Jumping into the Sound never felt better.

Our place has central air but it's amazing how many homes here do not. Some friends have booked themselves into hotels for the week. We are on the coast for the weekend so we letting a family squat in our place.

We played 18 on Saturday though TBD's mom insisted on riding. It might have been 102 but compared with Tikrit it was balmy.

Frankly, I blame this all on Al Gore. He's the sonuvabitch who invented Global Warming. Bastard.

I saw an article yesterday on central air in greater Seattle area.  Only 44% of houses/apartments have it which is an improvement from 5 years ago when only 31% did.

Good call moving near the water.  As we say here in Southern New England - cooler summers and warmer winters.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #601 on: June 28, 2021, 02:55:20 PM »
So claiming to have facts that don’t exist is a minor detail in your world (Chicosesque pedantry, lol). Sad.

I admitted I was wrong at the time and re-stated it once again a couple days ago. 

So I guess you are continuing to argue this point because you're either completely forgetting that I admitted this, or you're an argumentative dick.

Which is it?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #602 on: June 28, 2021, 03:02:08 PM »

I admitted I was wrong at the time and re-stated it once again a couple days ago. 

So I guess you are continuing to argue this point because you're either completely forgetting that I admitted this, or you're an argumentative dick.

Which is it?

C. None of the above

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #603 on: June 28, 2021, 03:06:56 PM »
C. None of the above

I'm going with

D. Both
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #604 on: June 28, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »
I'm going with

D. Both

No worries. Won’t be the first time you’ve been dead wrong.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #605 on: June 28, 2021, 03:28:47 PM »
Lenny

Once again you have me laughing at my desk. Having a crazy day and appreciate the laugh. Sorry to see you are not going to be up our way at all this summer.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #606 on: June 28, 2021, 03:44:58 PM »
Lenny

Once again you have me laughing at my desk. Having a crazy day and appreciate the laugh. Sorry to see you are not going to be up our way at all this summer.

Goose - I’ll be up in late August. Love to see you guys if we can put something together.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #607 on: June 28, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »
Lenny

#donedeal for late August. You let us know the dates and we will make it happen.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #608 on: June 28, 2021, 03:59:28 PM »
This little back and forth has me thinking of St. Louis and Sweden for some reason.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #609 on: June 28, 2021, 04:01:32 PM »
I saw an article yesterday on central air in greater Seattle area.  Only 44% of houses/apartments have it which is an improvement from 5 years ago when only 31% did.

Good call moving near the water.  As we say here in Southern New England - cooler summers and warmer winters.

For their anniversary, which arrived right after they moved into their suburban Seattle house 3 years back, my son-in-law bought my daughter central air.

A great gift!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #610 on: June 28, 2021, 04:05:42 PM »
For their anniversary, which arrived right after they moved into their suburban Seattle house 3 years back, my son-in-law bought my daughter central air.

A great gift!
What a selfless guy!   ;)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #611 on: June 28, 2021, 04:07:54 PM »
What a selfless guy!   ;)

He is all heart.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #612 on: June 28, 2021, 05:28:22 PM »
Any chance the Morsell commit has any bearing on Garcia's upcoming decision?  Just curious.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #613 on: June 28, 2021, 06:32:30 PM »
Any chance the Morsell commit has any bearing on Garcia's upcoming decision?  Just curious.

I really don't think so.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #614 on: June 28, 2021, 06:41:06 PM »
How romantic, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #615 on: June 28, 2021, 07:14:51 PM »

A great gift!

Some good foresight there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #616 on: June 28, 2021, 07:39:04 PM »
Lenny

#donedeal for late August. You let us know the dates and we will make it happen.

Goose

Will do as soon as they’re nailed down.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #617 on: June 28, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »
How romantic, aina?

I know it wasn't the MAGA hat you gave to Mrs. Doc, but it'll hafta do.

Ben Golds Five

• Starter
« Reply #618 on: June 28, 2021, 10:10:45 PM »
Cool, thanks Brew!

I really don't think so.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #619 on: June 29, 2021, 12:14:13 PM »
For what it's worth, Darren Wolfson thinks Dawson isn't coming back to Marquette and also that he won't be going to Minnesota.

UNC seems to be the primary lean from the tea leaves. One of their podcasts attributed the following to Dawson:

He’s looking for a GREAT opportunity to play and be a strong asset to a winning team; to work with a coaching staff that is dedicated to his development and future goals.

We check all the boxes but "winning team" for now. I guess it depends on how you can sell that. That said, what it really looks like is he's looking for another Wojo that will say "you have the ultimate green light"
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #620 on: June 29, 2021, 12:18:09 PM »
For what it's worth, Darren Wolfson thinks Dawson isn't coming back to Marquette and also that he won't be going to Minnesota.

UNC seems to be the primary lean from the tea leaves. One of their podcasts attributed the following to Dawson:

He’s looking for a GREAT opportunity to play and be a strong asset to a winning team; to work with a coaching staff that is dedicated to his development and future goals.

We check all the boxes but "winning team" for now. I guess it depends on how you can sell that. That said, what it really looks like is he's looking for another Wojo that will say "you have the ultimate green light"

FWIW, Wolfson is wrong about alot
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #621 on: June 29, 2021, 12:27:44 PM »

He didn't really have the ultimate green light here though.  His 22% usage was 4th on the team behind Fizulich (small sample size), DJ, and Justin, and would also have trailed notable "ultimate green light" players Carlino's 25, Henry's 26, and Markus' absurd 39. 

A coaching change is the most understandable reason to transfer, Dawson didn't sign up to play under Shaka, it's perfectly reasonable that he'd want to leave.  I'm not sure exactly what he's looking for in a new program, but he'll make whatever decision is best for him.

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #622 on: June 29, 2021, 12:31:42 PM »
If he wants to be on a winning team, I get that he'd look elsewhere after last season.  I don't blame DG one bit if he left MU. But why UNC? They weren't good last year, and essentially have the same team coming back but without Walker Kessler.  I guess he just likes the idea of playing there and the "want to be on a winning team" is just what people say.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #623 on: June 29, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
FWIW, Wolfson is wrong about alot

Yeah--thus why I had the "for what it's worth" portion.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #624 on: June 29, 2021, 12:37:07 PM »

In other words, play for a coach who has never been a head coach before. :-\

feedback