[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What's the word on Garcia?  (Read 162268 times)

harryp

• Starter
Re: What's the word on Garcia?
« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2021, 07:54:52 PM »
I thought I posted this b/4, but the morning Tucson paper refers to DG as a transfer from Narquette who has contacted AZ  and several others who were named. Looks like he's gone.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #576 on: June 27, 2021, 07:56:10 PM »
See my note, he's gone.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #577 on: June 27, 2021, 07:58:57 PM »
I thought I posted this b/4, but the morning Tucson paper refers to DG as a transfer from Narquette who has contacted AZ  and several others who were named. Looks like he's gone.

He may be gone, but how the Tucson newspaper referred  to him is irrelevant.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #578 on: June 27, 2021, 08:00:23 PM »

See my note, he's gone.

You did post this morning. It wasn't news.  DG said a few days ago that he was entering the transfer portal but its also considering returning to Marquette. That last part may just be a courtesy
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2021, 08:31:13 PM »
And everything I heard was that he was going to be back - until things got really bad in the BET.

If it makes Lenny’s feel better to admit I was wrong, I’ll admit I was wrong.

Anyone who posts frequently here sharing opinions re future events is wrong sometimes. The point was that you claimed it as a fact, a #done deal, and not an opinion or a prediction - and stated as much. Now it was still a #done deal but one bad loss (of many) turned the tide? Sounds like IWB and the Mrs Shaka story.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #580 on: June 27, 2021, 10:04:39 PM »
Anyone who posts frequently here sharing opinions re future events is wrong sometimes. The point was that you claimed it as a fact, a #done deal, and not an opinion or a prediction - and stated as much. Now it was still a #done deal but one bad loss (of many) turned the tide? Sounds like IWB and the Mrs Shaka story.

Ah you’ve decided to do your full Chicosesque pedantry. Have fun!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2021, 12:07:44 AM »
I have 5 text strings of #mubb. About 26 alums involved.  By February if 2021 it was 100% negative. 

I knew he was done. You can’t operate with that negativity.  There’s no ticket sale potential.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2021, 07:47:11 AM »
I have 5 text strings of #mubb. About 26 alums involved.  By February if 2021 it was 100% negative. 

I knew he was done. You can’t operate with that negativity.  There’s no ticket sale potential.

And yet, unless Scholl was lying to everybody's faces, he and Lovell gave Wojo every opportunity to keep his job if Wojo had agreed to make changes to his bench.

Whatever the total truth is, the vast majority of us are glad Wojo is gone, and I optimistically look forward to the Shaka Smart Era.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #583 on: June 28, 2021, 07:56:04 AM »
And yet, unless Scholl was lying to everybody's faces, he and Lovell gave Wojo every opportunity to keep his job if Wojo had agreed to make changes to his bench.

Whatever the total truth is, the vast majority of us are glad Wojo is gone, and I optimistically look forward to the Shaka Smart Era.
I believe they were lying to everybody's faces.   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #584 on: June 28, 2021, 08:10:52 AM »
With the personalities involved, it is completely believable.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2021, 08:22:26 AM »

If this is the standard Shaka most likely fired after 2 years
Goal is National Championship

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2021, 09:05:31 AM »
If this is the standard Shaka most likely fired after 2 years

No, bc I surround myself with pretty diverse group of thinkers.  This was the worst it ever was.  My "off line" MU world is a lot like Scoop, rarely is everyone completely aligned. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:07:29 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2021, 09:09:16 AM »
No, bc I surround myself with pretty diverse group of thinkers.  This was the worst it ever was.  My "off line" MU world is a lot like Scoop, rarely is everyone completely aligned.
LOL ok, sounds solid.
Goal is National Championship

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »
I believe they were lying to everybody's faces.

Well, that's better than lying behind their backs?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »

I don't think Scholl was lying, but my guess is that he presented Wojo with a bit of a sophie's choice.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #590 on: June 28, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »

Lenny

You know better than to argue with a fool.

On a more important note, are you in for the Meat Summit?

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2021, 10:58:50 AM »
Lenny

Even more important, are you staying cool in the PNW this week?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #592 on: June 28, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »
Nutmeg

Good Lord but this is absurd. Seattle had 4 days in recorded history above 100. We will double that by tomorrow.

We moved out of our downtown high rise (Seattle has turned into a craphole in many ways) for a place on the water. Jumping into the Sound never felt better.

Our place has central air but it's amazing how many homes here do not. Some friends have booked themselves into hotels for the week. We are on the coast for the weekend so we letting a family squat in our place.

We played 18 on Saturday though TBD's mom insisted on riding. It might have been 102 but compared with Tikrit it was balmy.

Frankly, I blame this all on Al Gore. He's the sonuvabitch who invented Global Warming. Bastard.

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #593 on: June 28, 2021, 01:20:52 PM »
Lenny

Crash

Unfortunately I won’t be in the Midwest. Hate to miss it, hope you guys have a blast!

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #594 on: June 28, 2021, 01:54:03 PM »
Strange as it may seem, Wojo returning may have been the key to keeping Dawson and DJ on board.  DJ seemed to be on board (even tweeting pro MU stuff) until he had some time with Shaka on campus.  DJ might not have liked what Shaka had to say about his game.

If this was the case, then the trade of losing DJ and Garcia was worth it for the long run.  A slow swirl (further?) down the drain has been avoided, although next year is going to be bumpy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #595 on: June 28, 2021, 01:56:21 PM »
Strange as it may seem, Wojo returning may have been the key to keeping Dawson and DJ on board.  DJ seemed to be on board (even tweeting pro MU stuff) until he had some time with Shaka on campus.  DJ might not have liked what Shaka had to say about his game.

Dawson seemed to me that he was gonna declare either way. DJ I agree, seemed on board at first. Would definitely like to know what those conversations were like.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #596 on: June 28, 2021, 02:06:43 PM »
Ah you’ve decided to do your full Chicosesque pedantry. Have fun!

So claiming to have facts that don’t exist is a minor detail in your world (Chicosesque pedantry, lol). Sad.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #597 on: June 28, 2021, 02:19:06 PM »
If this was the case, then the trade of losing DJ and Garcia was worth it for the long run.  A slow swirl (further?) down the drain has been avoided, although next year is going to be bumpy.

+1. Keeping a bad coach because you don’t want to lose the players that just got you a 9th place finish in the Big East is flat out dumb.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2021, 02:27:36 PM »
So now that Garcia's in the portal does he have to commit by July 1st? Or can he take his time deciding where to go?
Maigh Eo for Sam

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #599 on: June 28, 2021, 02:31:30 PM »
So now that Garcia's in the portal does he have to commit by July 1st? Or can he take his time deciding where to go?

Hes fine. He just had to be in the portal to not have to worry about any sort of waiver
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback