'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What's the word on Garcia?  (Read 162261 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: What's the word on Garcia?
« Reply #550 on: June 27, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
Here’s my bold and probably unpopular take: keeping JL is more important than DG

If JL stays 3 - 4 years, absolutely. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #551 on: June 27, 2021, 01:20:41 PM »
Here’s my bold and probably unpopular take: keeping JL is more important than DG

I don't think that's bold or unpopular. Dawson is almost a guarantee to go pro after next season. JLew likely a 4 year guy.
 Dawson is better now but I think Lewis has the higher ceiling
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #552 on: June 27, 2021, 01:20:56 PM »
Nm
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 01:22:37 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #553 on: June 27, 2021, 01:44:50 PM »
Today's AZ Star refers to Garcia as an "Marquette transfer"  who has been in contact with Arizona as well as many named others. Makes it sound like a "done deal". Does anyone have other info?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #554 on: June 27, 2021, 01:48:32 PM »
Without Garcia, I’m expecting close to that. Maybe 13 and 8 with plenty of Double Doubles. If he can stay out of foul trouble, he could be even better. Hopefully he plays good enough defense and is injury free so he can put up big numbers. The ceiling is high for J Lew.
Without García it will be easier for teams guard JFL, might not reach those numbers.
Goal is National Championship

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #555 on: June 27, 2021, 02:03:03 PM »
I don't think that's bold or unpopular. Dawson is almost a guarantee to go pro after next season. JLew likely a 4 year guy.

They're both two year guys, but Justin is gonna be the one drafted.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #556 on: June 27, 2021, 02:07:09 PM »
Today's AZ Star refers to Garcia as an "Marquette transfer"  who has been in contact with Arizona as well as many named others. Makes it sound like a "done deal". Does anyone have other info?

All the smoke around Garcia for awhile made it sound like he was leaving. My only hope was the July 1 would come and go. Now that he's in the portal, I think he's as good as gone.

Too bad, the thing he most needs to play in the NBA is a coach that prepares bigs to play NBA defense and I'm not sure there's a better one than Shaka. Come draft night, he'll likely have 6 players 6'9" or taller drafted in the last 5 years. I'm not sure anyone has a better track record in that time.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #557 on: June 27, 2021, 02:25:51 PM »
Morsell coming and no Dawson is where I would set your expectations.
And I’m just telling you what is going to happen.

Reread your own posts. If you had stated your first post as your own opinion/expectation rather than where you "would set (my) expectations", no problem. Now you are taking the "Wojo will definitely be our coach this coming season" approach. Although I do not expect Garcia to return, if he does, I'll send you a recipe for crow.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #558 on: June 27, 2021, 02:43:04 PM »
They're both two year guys, but Justin is gonna be the one drafted.

Apparently you think Justin is going to take one hell of a leap this season. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #559 on: June 27, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »
Reread your own posts. If you had stated your first post as your own opinion/expectation rather than where you "would set (my) expectations", no problem. Now you are taking the "Wojo will definitely be our coach this coming season" approach. Although I do not expect Garcia to return, if he does, I'll send you a recipe for crow.

I'm not giving my opinion
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #560 on: June 27, 2021, 03:13:15 PM »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #561 on: June 27, 2021, 03:25:27 PM »
Apparently you think Justin is going to take one hell of a leap this season.

Before he got hurt he very much had the attention of NBA people. Doesn't need that much of a leap. If he's healthy and his conditioning is on point, he's gonna get drafted.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #562 on: June 27, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »
 Dawson is better now but I think Lewis has the higher ceiling
Maybe not in your eyes but based on how many talk about the two here I’m not sure you’re right
No Finish Line

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2021, 03:43:47 PM »
Silent whisper?

Careless whisper

Guilty feet ain't got no rhythm

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2021, 04:49:23 PM »
Shaka is saying all the right things publicly, meanwhile his team is grinding their tails off on N 12th.

Well, if we will hold it against players when they test the NBA waters, I sure hope that Shaka totally avoids 5 star and the top rated 4 stars players, so we don't have to deal with that kind of lack of commitment ever again.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2021, 04:55:00 PM »
It frightens me to imagine what a Wojo-led team would have been next year, especially without Dawson or DJ returning.

Strange as it may seem, Wojo returning may have been the key to keeping Dawson and DJ on board.  DJ seemed to be on board (even tweeting pro MU stuff) until he had some time with Shaka on campus.  DJ might not have liked what Shaka had to say about his game.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #566 on: June 27, 2021, 05:00:58 PM »
were gonna suck next year. accept it ppl. it happens with coaching changes. glad to have shaka

We'll suck a lot less than after the last two coaching changes when Crean and Buzz left along with pretty much all their recruiting classes.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #567 on: June 27, 2021, 05:07:13 PM »
Contrarian theory would be that Morsell might be choosing MU because Garcia is leaving?

That would be the contrary to logic theory. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2021, 05:14:03 PM »
Strange as it may seem, Wojo returning may have been the key to keeping Dawson and DJ on board.  DJ seemed to be on board (even tweeting pro MU stuff) until he had some time with Shaka on campus.  DJ might not have liked what Shaka had to say about his game.

This seems like a reach. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #569 on: June 27, 2021, 05:17:57 PM »

DJ's odds of staying increased with Shaka
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2021, 05:29:56 PM »

We will never know. But I think many have strong doubts about that prediction.  DJ was rumored to leave last year if he wasn't given a waiver.  He very much was always going to be a one and done, and his camp made that known.  Many predicted Dawson to be here two years, three max.  Dawson still goes through the draft process if Wojo is still here (and still has one foot out the door).

In either case, it is highly probable that neither Dawson or DJ were returning next year - with Shaka or with Wojo.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2021, 05:30:05 PM »
DJ's odds of staying increased with Shaka

I've heard the same. Seems like someone got in his ear, similar to Vander back in the day.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2021, 06:22:34 PM »
Before he got hurt he very much had the attention of NBA people. Doesn't need that much of a leap. If he's healthy and his conditioning is on point, he's gonna get drafted.

I think he can get there. I don't think he gets there this season but I hope he does!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2021, 06:53:09 PM »

Justin is going to have to dramatically improve his game from 15 feet out to get serious attention from NBA people.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2021, 06:59:49 PM »
I think DG would benefit from stating at MU quite a bit.  Shaka has coached several good bigs and he's got a ways to go to play at the NBA level.  Just my opinion.

feedback