[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jon Rahm  (Read 3178 times)

tower912

• All American
Jon Rahm
« on: June 05, 2021, 07:52:42 PM »
Carried over from the golf thread so it doesn't get sidetracked.   Get the vaccine.   If you don't, this isn't over.   Beware the India variant.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Warriors4ever

• All American
Re: Jon Rahm
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »
The UK has seen an increase in cases and the increase is being attributed on large measure to the Indian variant, which has overtaken the UK variant.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 09:37:11 PM »
Carried over from the golf thread so it doesn't get sidetracked.   Get the vaccine.   If you don't, this isn't over.   Beware the India variant.

Is it known for sure that he was or wasn’t vaccinated?  I imagine you know you can still get it after being vaccinated right?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 10:38:02 PM »
Levinson would not disclose whether Rahm had received the COVID-19 vaccine. But under tour protocols that align with CDC guidelines, players who are fully vaccinated are no longer subject to weekly testing; Levinson also said that vaccinated players would not be subject to the contact tracing that Rahm was part of this week.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 12:32:30 AM »
I thought I read somewhere, but now I can’t find it, that he got a shot after the exposure.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 06:35:51 AM »
I thought I read somewhere, but now I can’t find it, that he got a shot after the exposure.

Which means he isn't "fully vaccinated."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 07:24:32 AM »

Which means he isn't "fully vaccinated."

Bet he’s super happy he waited so long!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »
As I understand it, this probably cost him $1,600,000 as he was in a great position to win the tournament.

"Stupid is as stupid does, ma'am."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
I find it hard to imagine the PGA couldn’t have found a way for him to complete a final round.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »
His own fault. Not the PGA's responsibility to accommodate him for his actions (or lack thereof).
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »
I find it hard to imagine the PGA couldn’t have found a way for him to complete a final round.

In violation of their protocols?  I’m sure whomever finished second would have loved that solution.

Look the guy just should have got vaccinated. No one to blame but himself.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »
Should’ve been vaccinated. Instead waited until he had close contact.

Real rub of the green.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2021, 02:58:34 PM »
Players who are fully vaccinated, 14 days out from final vaccine dose, are not tested after close contact with someone who has COVID-19.

He didn’t get the vaccine. (He is not alone in that regard unfortunately.)

There’s an opportunity missed from the media, Golf Channel, CBS, Nance, Nicklaus, players etc…to emphasize getting the vaccine. Crickets instead for the most part.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 03:01:20 PM by shoothoops »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2021, 03:07:21 PM »
I don’t know that he got vaccinated because of the close contact, and I can’t find the article where I remember reading that. The BBC article said that he was informed on May 31 by the PGA about the close contact due to contact tracing, so the timing may have been entirely coincidental , assuming I’m correct in the first place.
Apparently 50% of tour players have been vaccinated, per ESPN.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 03:11:37 PM »
Dude's got an infant at home and travels all over the place. Forget golf, waiting to get the vaccine is even more irresponsible as a parent.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2021, 04:43:21 PM »
Couldn't play with a mask? Stay 6 feet away from others?

Finish on an empty course Monday?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2021, 04:47:39 PM »
The ESPN article talked about that a bit, but PGA seemed to say basically that they had come up with protocols in conjunction with their medical team, and so they were sticking with them. Which I think is fair, actually, as everyone knew going in what those were.

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 05:20:15 PM »
The ESPN article talked about that a bit, but PGA seemed to say basically that they had come up with protocols in conjunction with their medical team, and so they were sticking with them. Which I think is fair, actually, as everyone knew going in what those were.

Exactly. You can’t just change the rules. Everyone knew them. Not to mention this is his fault.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 06:13:01 PM »
As I understand it, this probably cost him $1,600,000 as he was in a great position to win the tournament.

Ah, but "freedom" is priceless!

Like many others, I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I mean, golfers have been DQed for a lot more trivial things than this. Take failing to sign a scorecard. It's as stupid a rule as there is in all of sports ... but they all know it's there, so I don't feel sorry for them when that happens, either.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson