collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated  (Read 33002 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: CDC suspends social distancing and masks if fully vaccinated
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2021, 07:53:25 PM »
It's a study from the University of Washington you moron.

You are completely reality-proofed and no facts or evidence will ever have the ability to penetrate your shell of intentional ignorance.

so what!  because i choose not to believe your "facts or evidence" tells me i'm on the right track. 

oh, and those anger issues of yours?  nPr might have a study showing the elastic on your mask is cutting of the blood supply to your melon
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2021, 08:07:09 PM »
What I dislike about any government agency Jockey is when they let their better judgement get unduly swayed by political forces.  I strongly believe that's happened to an extreme over the last 14 months at the CDC, both under the prior and current administrations.  It fosters mistrust among the citizenry, exactly where we are now.  And please let us not get into a back and forth about who's dad can beat the other's up.  Let's agree that's not productive.

I think it has happened, too. But not to an extreme and not any more than with their past actions. They ARE risk averse. That is because they are dependent on Congress for their funding.

In a field like disease and epidemiology, you can never be right 100% of the time. But when they are not right, there are people in Congress that are ready to pounce.

The great thinkers in society would never accomplish what they have if they were part of the gov’t. And I don’t mean that as a knock on the government.

Finally, thanks for the thoughtful response. I don’t think we disagree - overall - as much as it sometimes seems.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2021, 08:10:03 PM »
so what!  because i choose not to believe your "facts or evidence" tells me i'm on the right track. 

oh, and those anger issues of yours?  nPr might have a study showing the elastic on your mask is cutting of the blood supply to your melon

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2021, 08:20:21 PM »
What I dislike about any government agency Jockey is when they let their better judgement get unduly swayed by political forces.  I strongly believe that's happened to an extreme over the last 14 months at the CDC, both under the prior and current administrations.  It fosters mistrust among the citizenry, exactly where we are now.  And please let us not get into a back and forth about who's dad can beat the other's up.  Let's agree that's not productive.

I am not invalidating your thoughts or positions on the current policy. I will say that it rings hollow that you show up and express this in the last month. 

Also I’m not really sure what exactly about the current policy you disagree with.   Maybe I missed the specifics.  A lot of banter has crept into this area. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #304 on: May 26, 2021, 10:32:26 PM »
I agree with you on the CDC. Yes, they are too cautious. No, they aren’t going to think outside the box and take chances for that very reason. They are a gov’t agency. They are beholden to Congress. Like most gov’t agencies, they are risk averse.

They really have no choice. If they take any risk and it doesn’t pan out, there will be people in Congress out for blood to try to make themselves look good.

The CDC is full of very smart people, but they all have to tow the line.

When Trump closed the borders, I would guess they all knew what a futile, useless gesture that was. But they are not in a position to challenge the president. If Glow goes nuts over them, think what Bunker Boy would do.

Good point about being risk averse.

The then-president actually didn't close the borders.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #305 on: May 27, 2021, 06:45:42 AM »
I am not invalidating your thoughts or positions on the current policy. I will say that it rings hollow that you show up and express this in the last month. 

Also I’m not really sure what exactly about the current policy you disagree with.   Maybe I missed the specifics.  A lot of banter has crept into this area.

Well, back at the time my interest in MU basketball was at a practically nil so I spent very little time here, among other reasons.  Doesn't mean I didn't have an opinion. Just wasn't expressed here.

And actually I largely agree with the current and evolving policy, especially in the last 15 days or so.  I will agree with Jockey that governmental agencies are by nature 'risk averse', and I'll add, overly bureaucratic.  That's one reason why I'm such a 'small government' type. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #306 on: May 27, 2021, 07:25:51 AM »
The first step is admitting your problem. Unfortunately you'll never take the second step.

As I said, reality-proofed. You were probably pretty upset about the Bowling Green Massacre though.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2021, 07:43:52 AM »
Well, back at the time my interest in MU basketball was at a practically nil so I spent very little time here, among other reasons.  Doesn't mean I didn't have an opinion. Just wasn't expressed here.

And actually I largely agree with the current and evolving policy, especially in the last 15 days or so.  I will agree with Jockey that governmental agencies are by nature 'risk averse', and I'll add, overly bureaucratic.  That's one reason why I'm such a 'small government' type.

Fair enough...

feedback