collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Nukem2
[Today at 02:29:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 269869 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #4450 on: February 16, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »
In the most important news, Rodgers and Woodley have appeared to split. Maybe he’s not going to Denver after all.

On to the next beard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4451 on: February 16, 2022, 05:42:08 PM »
On to the next beard.

One of two things, I think if he was gay, he'd just come out and say it.

And if he's not, he should probably stop being such a starf*cker and find someone who isn't nuts like him.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4452 on: February 16, 2022, 06:29:21 PM »

And if he's not, he should probably stop being such a starf*cker and find someone who isn't nuts like him.

Umm..... he's a way bigger star than she is.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4453 on: February 16, 2022, 06:41:50 PM »
In the most important news, Rodgers and Woodley have appeared to split. Maybe he’s not going to Denver after all.

Shockin', aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4454 on: February 16, 2022, 06:56:53 PM »

I said that mostly in jest, of course (but who knows?), but I don't think coming out would be such an easy thing to do for an NFL player, especially a star NFL player.
There's a reason it hadn't ever happened until less than a year ago, and it's not because of the lack of NFL players previously.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4455 on: February 16, 2022, 07:00:42 PM »
On to the next beard.

how enlightened and progressive.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4456 on: February 16, 2022, 07:57:56 PM »

I just find it hilarious that his relationships all magically end on anniversaries…like a contract expiring, hmmm.  Danica was right at 2 years.  Woodley almost exactly a year

Pakuni

• All American

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4458 on: February 17, 2022, 12:51:29 AM »
Not a Hall of Famer.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/matthew-stafford-wife-video-goes-viral-nfl-world-reacts

A HOFer like Joe Namath would have hopped down and tried to make out with her

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4459 on: February 17, 2022, 06:18:31 AM »
I said that mostly in jest, of course (but who knows?), but I don't think coming out would be such an easy thing to do for an NFL player, especially a star NFL player.
There's a reason it hadn't ever happened until less than a year ago, and it's not because of the lack of NFL players previously.

Hard disagree.  He'd be celebrated for coming out.  Especially because of who he is.  Would there be some homophobes that'd show their true colors?  Yep, but those folks are background noise to the way society is going.  70% of people approve of gay marriage at this point.  Being gay doesn't come along with the same societal stigma that it did even twenty years ago.

Umm..... he's a way bigger star than she is.

Okay, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4460 on: February 17, 2022, 07:09:46 AM »
Hard disagree.  He'd be celebrated for coming out.  Especially because of who he is.  Would there be some homophobes that'd show their true colors?  Yep, but those folks are background noise to the way society is going.  70% of people approve of gay marriage at this point.  Being gay doesn't come along with the same societal stigma that it did even twenty years ago.
1 As we've seen over and over again ÷ from the WFT lawsuits to the Gruden emails to the latest Dallas Cowboys settlement- the culture within NFL teams is hardly the same as that of society in general.

2. Despite what you say, it took 7+ years after Obergfell for a player to come out. And there almost certainly are many more players who remain closeted.  Why is that if, as you aay, they would only be celebrated?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:19:39 AM by Pakuni »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4461 on: February 17, 2022, 09:15:13 AM »
1 As we've seen over and over again ÷ from the WFT lawsuits to the Gruden emails to the latest Dallas Cowboys settlement- the culture within NFL teams is hardly the same as that of society in general.

2. Despite what you say, it took 7+ years after Obergfell for a player to come out. And there almost certainly are many more players who remain closeted.  Why is that if, as you aay, they would only be celebrated?

Totally agree. Ive seen common estimates of the percentage of the general pop who is gay/lesbian at around 7-8%, so with 32 teams and 52 man rosters, rounding down quite conservatively thats roughly 100 active players at any time who would be gay.  And one active player has come out?  I think the amount of support could be meant equally by the bristling at something thats not viewed in line with "macho" NFL culture.

Ive never been a fan of Rodgers the individual (despite my begrudging respect for him as a QB), but Ive long said, when these convos around him come up, that Id do a complete 180 on him if it was to be true and he did come out, while still playing, cause it would be incredibly brave and be an absolute watershed moment.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4462 on: February 17, 2022, 09:55:27 AM »

1. The NFL isn't society. 

2. The world has changed so much in even the last five years.

Look no further than what happened with Jason Collins in the NBA.  Lebron, Kobe, and others were behind him.  I'd imagine the same would happen in the NFL.

I'm certainly not saying that there would be uniform support for Rodgers in all circles, but society as a whole would see this as totally normal.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4463 on: February 17, 2022, 10:02:34 AM »
1. The NFL isn't society. 

That's my point.
But again, the proof is in the pudding. We know it's a near certainty that there are gay NFL players besides Carl Nassib, and have been for the past 5+ years in which the world has changed so much. And yet none of them are openly so. Something is leading them to believe they're better off closeted, right?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:05:43 AM by Pakuni »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4464 on: February 17, 2022, 10:10:29 AM »
That's my point.
But again, the proof is in the pudding. We know it's a near certainty that there are gay NFL players besides Carl Nassib, and have been for the past 5+ years in which the world has changed so much. And yet none of them are openly so. Something is leading them to believe they're better off closeted, right?

People are ready when they're ready.  I'm sure many haven't even told their own families.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #4465 on: February 17, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »
About the serious fall of the photographer at the Rams rally, she has a gofund me page started by her peers, for her fractured spine and medical bills:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/r85ce-help-kelly-get-back-on-her-feet
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 12:22:49 PM by shoothoops »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4466 on: February 17, 2022, 12:43:35 PM »
About the serious fall of the photographer at the Rams rally, she has a gofund me page started by her peers, for her fractured spine and medical bills:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/r85ce-help-kelly-get-back-on-her-feet

Has Stafford contributed yet? ::)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4467 on: February 17, 2022, 01:22:10 PM »

Sure, there is only one out right now (which may mean there aren't many at all in NFL locker rooms) and it's been nothing but positives for him, but Michael Sam came out before the draft and was probably given opportunities he may not have gotten (excellent college player, way too small to be an NFL player) and profited more than he would have as an NFL practice squad player.

But I understand the thinking that Rodgers could receive blowback too. He already is for his vaccination status since in this country we have to take a yea or nay position on everything and everybody.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4468 on: February 17, 2022, 01:41:23 PM »
Has Stafford contributed yet? ::)
Nope, turned his back on that, too.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4469 on: February 17, 2022, 01:42:16 PM »
Isn't the most logical explanation for why Rodgers has so many failed relationships, with women, family members, etc., mostly due to him being a bit of a prick more than him being gay?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #4470 on: February 17, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »
Isn't the most logical explanation for why Rodgers has so many failed relationships, with women, family members, etc., mostly due to him being a bit of a prick more than him being gay?
Bingo, that and his inflated ego.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #4471 on: February 17, 2022, 02:13:00 PM »
Sure, there is only one out right now (which may mean there aren't many at all in NFL locker rooms) and it's been nothing but positives for him, but Michael Sam came out before the draft and was probably given opportunities he may not have gotten (excellent college player, way too small to be an NFL player) and profited more than he would have as an NFL practice squad player.

But I understand the thinking that Rodgers could receive blowback too. He already is for his vaccination status since in this country we have to take a yea or nay position on everything and everybody.

Michael Sam was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year and an All American in a 4-3 scheme. He earned his opportunities. And, he received less opportunities than he had earned.

Seven year of crickets went by after Sam.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4472 on: February 17, 2022, 03:22:41 PM »

What if his prick was as big as his ego, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4473 on: February 17, 2022, 03:25:09 PM »
Michael Sam was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year and an All American in a 4-3 scheme. He earned his opportunities. And, he received less opportunities than he had earned.

Seven year of crickets went by after Sam.

Charlie Ward was the Heisman winner, wasn't drafted, and never played an NFL game. Your point?

Sam was too small to be a DE, too slow be an outside LB, and disappointed greatly at the combine. Then he quit the CFL after one game.  It was a shame too, I wanted him to succeed.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4474 on: February 17, 2022, 03:35:02 PM »
Charlie Ward was the Heisman winner, wasn't drafted, and never played an NFL game. Your point?

Sam was too small to be a DE, too slow be an outside LB, and disappointed greatly at the combine. Then he quit the CFL after one game.  It was a shame too, I wanted him to succeed.

Charlie Ward wasn't drafted because he refused to commit to the NFL during the pre-draft process. Teams weren't going to risk a draft pick on a middling prospect knowing that he might bail if a better offer from the NBA comes along (which it did two months later, when the Knicks drafted him in the first round).
Does anyone think Ward would have turned down the guaranteed 5-year contract he got from the Knicks and stuck with football as a 5th/6th round pick on a non-guaranteed deal?

feedback