collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:40:18 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 269811 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #4375 on: February 10, 2022, 10:54:25 PM »
Devin Hester should have been a first ballot HOF’er. I’ll die on that hill.

Undoubtedly. In the days before the NFL legislated the return game into extinction (and for good reason), he transformed the way the game was played

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4376 on: February 10, 2022, 10:55:16 PM »
MVP to Rodgers

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4377 on: February 10, 2022, 11:01:07 PM »
Leroy finally gets what he deserves.

Yup! 'bout time.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4378 on: February 11, 2022, 04:29:26 AM »
Leroy finally gets what he deserves.

Yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4379 on: February 11, 2022, 08:06:34 AM »
From The Athletic:

Rodgers didn't think he'd win the MVP award, though, after his COVID-19 diagnosis and the ensuing controversy. Former NFL punter Pat McAfee said on his daily show in early November how he didn't think Rodgers will ever win another NFL MVP award, insinuating the media voters wouldn't vote for Rodgers ever again. Rodgers replied, "That's a legitimate statement."

Illegitimate, as it turns out.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4380 on: February 11, 2022, 08:15:35 AM »
Pack reely fooked up knot draftin' TJ Watt. Sumtymes ya kant sea da fourest fore da trees, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4381 on: February 11, 2022, 08:22:22 AM »
From The Athletic:

Rodgers didn't think he'd win the MVP award, though, after his COVID-19 diagnosis and the ensuing controversy. Former NFL punter Pat McAfee said on his daily show in early November how he didn't think Rodgers will ever win another NFL MVP award, insinuating the media voters wouldn't vote for Rodgers ever again. Rodgers replied, "That's a legitimate statement."

Illegitimate, as it turns out.

As it turns out, Rodgers is a loser and idiot
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4382 on: February 11, 2022, 08:45:09 AM »
If dats da kase, he's maid lotsa bread bein' won, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4383 on: February 11, 2022, 08:51:48 AM »
yer th won hoo wonnted him trayded.   alung wth giannis und budenholzer.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4384 on: February 11, 2022, 08:59:50 AM »
If dats da kase, he's maid lotsa bread bein' won, aina?

If there’s one thing we’ve learned in life, many idiots and losers make a lot of bread

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #4385 on: February 11, 2022, 09:32:03 AM »
yer th won hoo wonnted him trayded.   alung wth giannis und budenholzer.

Fahrenheit, you may have noticed, I'd trade anyone. Particularly, if they're a pain in the ass, talent or no talent, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4386 on: February 11, 2022, 09:50:45 AM »

Fahrenheit, you may have noticed, I'd trade anyone. Particularly, if they're a pain in the ass, talent or no talent, hey?

Good thing the Bucks listened to you and traded Giannis' azz, or they never woulda won nuthin' last year!

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4387 on: February 11, 2022, 10:37:23 AM »
Aaron Rodgers holds the top six Interception to Touchdown ratios of All Time

Last two years 85 TDs 9 INT

https://www.nfl.com/news/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-named-2021-ap-nfl-mvp
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #4388 on: February 11, 2022, 10:41:50 AM »
Congrats to Leroy Butler. Much deserved.

I met him once when I worked in TV.  A genuinely nice person, with a smile that lights up a room.  He was genuinely enthusiastic to be there, even at a podunk station in Wausau, WI.  As classy as they come.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #4389 on: February 11, 2022, 10:43:12 AM »

I met him once when I worked in TV.  A genuinely nice person, with a smile that lights up a room.  He was genuinely enthusiastic to be there, even at a podunk station in Wausau, WI.  As classy as they come.

Always been a very nice dude.  Have dealt with him on more than a few occasions. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4390 on: February 11, 2022, 06:06:56 PM »

The first jersey I ever owned was a LeRoy Butler jersey back in the 90s.  Always has been and always will be my favorite Packer.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4391 on: February 11, 2022, 06:36:53 PM »
Always been a very nice dude.  Have dealt with him on more than a few occasions.

Not a Packer fan at all, but when I was a kid I liked Butler.  He did a signing at a (now closed) memorabilia store near my house.  Went with my Mom to get a signed picture for my Dad.  Owner of the store was a total tool, had it running like an assembly line..."no customized autographs, no standing pictures" or some nonsense.  After a bunch of adults with piles of jerseys and stuff, Butler lit up as he saw me coming.  My mom made a joke about me being a Bears fan and he proceeded to razz me for a bit and then stood up to come around the table to take a pic crouched next to me, waving off the owner who was visibly agitated our interaction was taking so long.  Stuck with me years and years later.  Great dude

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4392 on: February 11, 2022, 07:09:12 PM »
Not a Packer fan at all, but when I was a kid I liked Butler.  He did a signing at a (now closed) memorabilia store near my house.  Went with my Mom to get a signed picture for my Dad.  Owner of the store was a total tool, had it running like an assembly line..."no customized autographs, no standing pictures" or some nonsense.  After a bunch of adults with piles of jerseys and stuff, Butler lit up as he saw me coming.  My mom made a joke about me being a Bears fan and he proceeded to razz me for a bit and then stood up to come around the table to take a pic crouched next to me, waving off the owner who was visibly agitated our interaction was taking so long.  Stuck with me years and years later.  Great dude

That's a real nice story.

It must be tedious signing autographs and posing for pix, and I really understand why some players just don't want to make time for it. I mean, you can sign 500 autographs and then if you stop, the 501st person is pissed off at you.

But still, I do hope most athletes get just how special an interaction with them can be, especially for a kid. What Butler did that day didn't hurt him a bit, and taking those few extra seconds made an impression for life on a kid named Wags.

• All American
« Reply #4393 on: February 11, 2022, 07:43:26 PM »
Dude was a helluva safety. Could really do it all back there. Tackle, pass defend, rush the passer….  Set the stage for those who came after.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4394 on: February 11, 2022, 09:29:31 PM »

Wags
My daughter produced the “Pack Attack” show out of Milwaukee for a year after she graduated from MU. My wife and I drove up from Chicago for her first show. It was a week before the season opener and two Packer players came down from Green Bay to be part of the show (Homer was the host). He was nice as was Antonio Freeman. But Leroy Butler was REALLY nice. Actually took time to chat with us, insisted we take several pictures, etc. My daughter worked with a lot of the players that year - Leroy was easily her favorite.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #4395 on: February 11, 2022, 11:58:57 PM »
Wags
My daughter produced the “Pack Attack” show out of Milwaukee for a year after she graduated from MU. My wife and I drove up from Chicago for her first show. It was a week before the season opener and two Packer players came down from Green Bay to be part of the show (Homer was the host). He was nice as was Antonio Freeman. But Leroy Butler was REALLY nice. Actually took time to chat with us, insisted we take several pictures, etc. My daughter worked with a lot of the players that year - Leroy was easily her favorite.

Awesome story. I’ve truly never heard a bad thing about him.  My mom ran into him at a grocery store about a year ago where he was doing some sort of minor appearance and he was just as gregarious and outgoing as ever.  Just a total class act and true elite ambassador for the organization. Kind of guy who would light up the room and be memorable if he was a greeter at Walmart, not a HOF talent

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4396 on: February 12, 2022, 10:09:30 AM »
Incredibly long article by  Detroit writer ,who covers The Lions , who is rooting against Stafford .  Seems like sour grapes .

https://apple.news/A-wlSRPXnQCOhH-nVmN1nFw
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4397 on: February 12, 2022, 06:16:25 PM »
Incredibly long article by  Detroit writer ,who covers The Lions , who is rooting against Stafford .  Seems like sour grapes .

https://apple.news/A-wlSRPXnQCOhH-nVmN1nFw

Stafford asked for trade. He never beat winning teams. He’s dine the same thing Goff did in LA, with a better team. Stafford stans are running around selling “Detroit Rams” shirts in Detroit stores. Stafford’s wife called MI a “dictatorship” over COVID restrictions. I realize the my fellow Lions fans are incredibly self-hating but all of this has gone too far. Who Dey? Go Bengals.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4398 on: February 12, 2022, 06:18:01 PM »
If the Rams win, Canton for Stafford.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #4399 on: February 12, 2022, 06:29:55 PM »
Stafford asked for trade. He never beat winning teams. He’s dine the same thing Goff did in LA, with a better team. Stafford stans are running around selling “Detroit Rams” shirts in Detroit stores. Stafford’s wife called MI a “dictatorship” over COVID restrictions. I realize the my fellow Lions fans are incredibly self-hating but all of this has gone too far. Who Dey? Go Bengals.

Stafford isn’t a hall of famer but he is better than Goff.

feedback