collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Nukem2
[Today at 02:29:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 269873 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #3050 on: December 20, 2021, 09:51:24 PM »
That personal foul call on Lynch is why the nfl sucks.

How is he supposed to see Fields half way kneel
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3051 on: December 20, 2021, 09:51:56 PM »
Did I really need to use teal here? C’mon man.

Mine should have been teal as well. Yes, I knew what you were saying.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3052 on: December 20, 2021, 09:59:46 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but had the Bears fired Nagy (And Pace) weeks ago, could they not be interviewing replacements immediately?  Why exactly is Nagy still on the sidelines?  Am I missing something?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #3053 on: December 20, 2021, 10:00:56 PM »
Mine should have been teal as well. Yes, I knew what you were saying.

All good. This game is gross as hell.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3054 on: December 20, 2021, 10:01:13 PM »
Excuse my ignorance but had the Bears fired Nagy (And Pace) weeks ago, could they not be interviewing replacements immediately?  Why exactly is Nagy still on the sidelines?  Am I missing something?

They didn't like that it was leaked.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3055 on: December 20, 2021, 10:03:56 PM »
Bears defense playing very well considering which players on the field

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3056 on: December 20, 2021, 10:10:22 PM »
They didn't like that it was leaked.

Seems ridiculous to me.  Both Nagy and Pace have proven they are inept. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #3057 on: December 20, 2021, 10:22:21 PM »
Bears -0.5 4Q for the win!

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3058 on: December 20, 2021, 10:27:11 PM »
All good. This game is gross as hell.

Yup.

I think all young QBs have a problem reading when guys are open in the NFL. It’s worse for QBs from Alabama or OSU because they they are used to guys being so wide open. They aren’t used to the tight windows in the NFL where even the bad DBs are better than what they faced in college.

I don’t know if Fields can overcome this. Also needs to improve his accuracy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3059 on: December 20, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »
Seems ridiculous to me.  Both Nagy and Pace have proven they are inept.

Of course it’s ridiculous. It’s the Bears.

You’ve been a fan for years, right?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3060 on: December 20, 2021, 11:45:36 PM »

Not until the final two weeks of the season (new rule this year).
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3061 on: December 20, 2021, 11:53:03 PM »
Not until the final two weeks of the season (new rule this year).

I assume though that they'll keep these nimrods until the end of the year now.  Could they conceivably can them next week and then interview a few candidates immediately?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3062 on: December 20, 2021, 11:56:48 PM »
Of course it’s ridiculous. It’s the Bears.

You’ve been a fan for years, right?

Yes.  They make disasters look like minor issues.  The level of incompetence in that organization is impossible to quantify.  I said they were a 5 win team before the year started and may be right on target.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3063 on: December 21, 2021, 08:35:32 AM »
I think all young QBs have a problem reading when guys are open in the NFL. It’s worse for QBs from Alabama or OSU because they they are used to guys being so wide open. They aren’t used to the tight windows in the NFL where even the bad DBs are better than what they faced in college.

The last three Alabama starting quarterbacks (Hurts, Tua and Jones) are all NFL starters.  I don't think any of them are worse off because they went to Alabama.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #3064 on: December 21, 2021, 08:38:55 AM »
I assume though that they'll keep these nimrods until the end of the year now.  Could they conceivably can them next week and then interview a few candidates immediately?

Nagy is obviously gone.

The real question is if Pace will be gone too.  Because as much as I think Nagy hasn't been good, he doesn't have a lot of talent to work with.  But I am not sure Pace will be on his way out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3065 on: December 21, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »
"If he screws up one time, he's done."

-- Bruce Arians, when TB signed Antonio Brown in 2020.

"I could give a sh!t what they think. Only thing I care about is this football team and what's best for us."

-- Bruce Arians, asked Monday about going back on his word.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3066 on: December 21, 2021, 09:39:43 AM »

The last three Alabama starting quarterbacks (Hurts, Tua and Jones) are all NFL starters.  I don't think any of them are worse off because they went to Alabama.

Hurts was benched then changed his game after going to Oklahoma. The jury is out on Tua being a long term NFL starter. Jones is a stud.

Bama plays more of a pro style offense, so I don’t think the comparison to OSU is the best one.

• All American
« Reply #3067 on: December 21, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
I am not sure Jones is a "stud."  Regardless, Alabama's alumni in the NFL are performing like most young quarterbacks do.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3068 on: December 21, 2021, 12:20:45 PM »
I am not sure Jones is a "stud."  Regardless, Alabama's alumni in the NFL are performing like most young quarterbacks do.

Yeah, Tua and Mac Jones rank 1st and 3rd, respectively, in completion percentage this year among qualified QBs.
And their air yards per completion is about the same as Dak and Brady, and better than Rodgers and Mahomes, so the accuracy isn't simply a matter of a short passing scheme.
I can't predict either guys' NFL future, but they clearly aren't struggling to complete passes against tighter NFL coverages.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3069 on: December 21, 2021, 01:49:35 PM »
Yeah, Tua and Mac Jones rank 1st and 3rd, respectively, in completion percentage this year among qualified QBs.
And their air yards per completion is about the same as Dak and Brady, and better than Rodgers and Mahomes, so the accuracy isn't simply a matter of a short passing scheme.
I can't predict either guys' NFL future, but they clearly aren't struggling to complete passes against tighter NFL coverages.

the biggest knock against Tua is durability. If he can stay healthy he could be a franchise QB, but he hasn't shown the ability to do that yet in both college and the pros.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3070 on: December 21, 2021, 02:37:13 PM »
the biggest knock against Tua is durability. If he can stay healthy he could be a franchise QB, but he hasn't shown the ability to do that yet in both college and the pros.

I thought it was the fact he needs to take 3 crow ups to throw the ball further than 25 yards

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3071 on: December 21, 2021, 02:52:00 PM »

I agree with what you say. My point, though, was that when the guys from schools that have AA receivers every year get to the NFL, the completion window is an issue for them. They are used to throwing the ball to wide open guys - something they don't see nearly as often in the NFL. It's the old axiom about Rodgers - he throws guys open. To take it further, in the NFL, they need to be able to read the defense and make quick looks to a 2nd or 3rd guy.

That was something Trubisky never learned (or perhaps Nagy couldn't teach). So, I certainly think these guys can be good, but it is an added dimension for them in the NFL. Every Alabama or OSU QB that gets to the pros was already a top prospect, so the talent is there.

It's the mental part that gets them. Rodgers is the best because besides talent, he has the mental game as well. He knows where the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers are. And if they aren't? We've all seen him go off at guys during the game.

Agee? Disagree?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #3072 on: December 21, 2021, 02:59:21 PM »
From ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32822007/inside-dysfunctional-decade-new-york-jets-giants-football-went-wrong-next

One of the headlines underneath:
Cycles of Dysfunction

I can already imagine the email Wags is sending to ESPN over this.

• All American
« Reply #3073 on: December 21, 2021, 03:00:02 PM »
I agree with what you say. My point, though, was that when the guys from schools that have AA receivers every year get to the NFL, the completion window is an issue for them. They are used to throwing the ball to wide open guys - something they don't see nearly as often in the NFL. It's the old axiom about Rodgers - he throws guys open. To take it further, in the NFL, they need to be able to read the defense and make quick looks to a 2nd or 3rd guy.

That was something Trubisky never learned (or perhaps Nagy couldn't teach). So, I certainly think these guys can be good, but it is an added dimension for them in the NFL. Every Alabama or OSU QB that gets to the pros was already a top prospect, so the talent is there.

It's the mental part that gets them. Rodgers is the best because besides talent, he has the mental game as well. He knows where the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th receivers are. And if they aren't? We've all seen him go off at guys during the game.

Agee? Disagree?

I have no evidence to suggest that the bolded has been a problem with quarterbacks from schools with top receivers versus those from schools with average receivers.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #3074 on: December 21, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »

Agee? Disagree?

Wasn't the criticism on Mahomes that the TT system would hamstring his performance in the NFL? I... uh... don't think that happened.

To be honest, I think you're trying to brute force a correlation into a causation here. Some quarterbacks from elite programs in college struggle in the NFL. Some quarterbacks from small programs in college excel in the NFL. This entire line of argument strikes me as the search for some kind of grand truth that probably doesn't exist. The probable reality is that NFL QB success is complicated, involves a ton of variables, and is really hard to get right. If it weren't there wouldn't be so many busts and the stakes associated with making the decisions on QB wouldn't be franchise-defining.

feedback