collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 03:31:34 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270062 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #2450 on: November 23, 2021, 11:05:39 AM »
Amari Cooper, who is out with COVID and unvaccinated, was also doing press conferences in person without a mask. Will the NFL be investigating the Cowboys? Haven't heard anything on that front.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2451 on: November 23, 2021, 11:09:00 AM »
Will Pace go with him?

How about Ted Phillips?

Ginny selling the team?

Because replacing the coach can only do so much.

Hopefully, but who knows.

Nope...because

Not a chance.  Holding on with her wrinkly oblivious hands till she croaks.

----

I'd like to think Pace is gone as well, but this letting him coach Thursday thing is so weird and dumb that it gives me pause about EVERYTHING in Halas Hall (not as if that is an unusual thing)

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2452 on: November 23, 2021, 11:16:07 AM »
Hopefully, but who knows.

Nope...because

Not a chance.  Holding on with her wrinkly oblivious hands till she croaks.

----

I'd like to think Pace is gone as well, but this letting him coach Thursday thing is so weird and dumb that it gives me pause about EVERYTHING in Halas Hall (not as if that is an unusual thing)

Seems odd. If we know it’s coming, I’m sure the players do too. Will they be going through the motions and be at a higher risk of injury?

I get the short week, but seems silly to really make a coach a lame duck.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2453 on: November 23, 2021, 11:16:58 AM »
Not firing Pace as well is franchise malpractice. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2454 on: November 23, 2021, 11:21:41 AM »
David Haugh
@DavidHaugh
#Bears struggle badly with crisis management. This is a crisis, already mismanaged. Their biggest rival isn’t Packers; it’s transparency. Be simple, clear and strong. Address whether credible report is true or false. Make an exception to your rule. Issue statement, at minimum.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2455 on: November 23, 2021, 11:38:00 AM »
Here’s what I think is really going on with the Nagy situation, and full disclosure this is just complete speculation.

I don’t think the Bears truly want to fire Nagy mid-season, if they had it their way he would stay until the end of the year.

However, the other night Lake Forest played Cary Grove in the state football semi-finals. Navy’s son played for Lake Forest and was at the receiving end of anti-Nagy sentiment for most of the night from the Cary Grove student section. Nothing overly malicious, but enough that you don’t want your kid having to deal with that.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this decision is coming from Nagy for the sake of his kids

• All American
« Reply #2456 on: November 23, 2021, 11:42:49 AM »
The "we never fire coaches mid-season" is such a stupid hill to die on.  Every franchise does it.  It isn't some point of pride.  Plus it's probably better for the coach to just take his paycheck and let him move on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2457 on: November 23, 2021, 11:48:07 AM »
Here’s what I think is really going on with the Nagy situation, and full disclosure this is just complete speculation.

I don’t think the Bears truly want to fire Nagy mid-season, if they had it their way he would stay until the end of the year.

However, the other night Lake Forest played Cary Grove in the state football semi-finals. Navy’s son played for Lake Forest and was at the receiving end of anti-Nagy sentiment for most of the night from the Cary Grove student section. Nothing overly malicious, but enough that you don’t want your kid having to deal with that.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this decision is coming from Nagy for the sake of his kids

With all due respect, not a chance.  Nagy is insanely stubborn, we've seen it in myriad ways.   He's been a bum of a coach for multiple years, this isn't the first time his kids have gotten grief for it im sure.

I would think it has to do far more with the "lost the locker room" leaks and other assorted stuff than some honorable Nagy falling on his sword

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2458 on: November 23, 2021, 11:53:33 AM »
With all due respect, not a chance.  Nagy is insanely stubborn, we've seen it in myriad ways.   He's been a bum of a coach for multiple years, this isn't the first time his kids have gotten grief for it im sure.

I would think it has to do far more with the "lost the locker room" leaks and other assorted stuff than some honorable Nagy falling on his sword

The Bears organization as a whole is just as stubborn.

Again, pure speculation with no basis. But this latest incident garnered a ton of media attention.

I’m not a parent but I’m sure things completely change when it concerns your kids.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2459 on: November 23, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
The Bears organization as a whole is just as stubborn.

Again, pure speculation with no basis. But this latest incident garnered a ton of media attention.

I’m not a parent but I’m sure things completely change when it concerns your kids.

I think you mean 'stupid' instead of 'stubborn'.

Bad organizations do dumb things. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse repeat.

The same people who have made all of the dumb decisions for the last 30 years will be the ones making the next decisions. We know their track record. And that is to do dumb things.

There is not a single shred of evidence that the people in charge know how to do the right thing. Or even what the right thing is. That's why Packers fans love the Bears. It's like beating up your little brother. I might go so far as to say the Packers own the Bears more than the McCaskey's do.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #2460 on: November 23, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
Seems odd. If we know it’s coming, I’m sure the players do too. Will they be going through the motions and be at a higher risk of injury?

I get the short week, but seems silly to really make a coach a lame duck.

Getting a "Done Deal" vibe from the initial report. Guess we will find out on Friday. But, yes, logically it doesn't make sense. Then again, this organization once announced the hiring of a head coach without his contract being final. Never know with the Bears.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2461 on: November 23, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »
FWIW, Nagy said today that reports of his imminent dismissal are not true.
And him quitting because some high school kids chanted "Fire Nagy" for a couple of minutes would be insane.

• All American
« Reply #2462 on: November 23, 2021, 01:36:07 PM »

He also said that he hasn't talked with Phillips or the owners since Sunday.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2463 on: November 23, 2021, 01:39:12 PM »

He also said that he hasn't talked with Phillips or the owners since Sunday.

Is that unusual?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2464 on: November 23, 2021, 01:57:00 PM »
I think you mean 'stupid' instead of 'stubborn'.

Bad organizations do dumb things. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse repeat.

The same people who have made all of the dumb decisions for the last 30 years will be the ones making the next decisions. We know their track record. And that is to do dumb things.

There is not a single shred of evidence that the people in charge know how to do the right thing. Or even what the right thing is. That's why Packers fans love the Bears. It's like beating up your little brother. I might go so far as to say the Packers own the Bears more than the McCaskey's do.

Must suck when that same "stupid" "dumb" and bad organization has been to exactly the same number of Super Bowls as the Packers in the last 25 years, and thats without always having a HOF QB at the helm.

Nobody here is arguing the Bears have a good front office track record but spare me the smug sneers and pompous gloating.  Leave that to the dbags in NE who have actually won stuff.

• All American
« Reply #2465 on: November 23, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Is that unusual?

Well, it at least means that he may not be aware of a decision that may have been made.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2466 on: November 23, 2021, 02:04:57 PM »

Well, it at least means that he may not be aware of a decision that may have been made.

I think "usual", "unusual", or "normal" can go out the window here.  Communication is an issue there.  I wouldn't be surprised if a decision has been made and even all of the FO doesn't know yet or didn't at the time of the reports or leak.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bears walk it back and keep him around cause they didn't like that it leaked and didn't stay until Friday.  Who knows. 

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2467 on: November 23, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
And him quitting because some high school kids chanted "Fire Nagy" for a couple of minutes would be insane.

He said they were 'inaccurate'. I don't believe he used the word 'untrue'.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2468 on: November 23, 2021, 02:07:18 PM »
Must suck when that same "stupid" "dumb" and bad organization has been to exactly the same number of Super Bowls as the Packers in the last 25 years, and thats without always having a HOF QB at the helm.

Nobody here is arguing the Bears have a good front office track record but spare me the smug sneers and pompous gloating.  Leave that to the dbags in NE who have actually won stuff.

They stay bad because they have bad management and lots of supporters who say things like you just said.

• All American
« Reply #2469 on: November 23, 2021, 02:08:25 PM »
I think "usual", "unusual", or "normal" can go out the window here.  Communication is an issue there.  I wouldn't be surprised if a decision has been made and even all of the FO doesn't know yet or didn't at the time of the reports or leak.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bears walk it back and keep him around cause they didn't like that it leaked and didn't stay until Friday.  Who knows. 

Agreed.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2470 on: November 23, 2021, 02:14:42 PM »
He said they were 'inaccurate'. I don't believe he used the word 'untrue'.

Actually said "not accurate."
Can something be true and not accurate at the same time?

It's entirely possible that Nagy has been fired and just doesn't know it yet. But I doubt he went in front of the media and tried to parse words like that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2471 on: November 23, 2021, 02:18:46 PM »

That's possible.
But given the way the Bears operate, it would be unusual for the coach to regularly speak with Virginia McCaskey or Ted Phillips. This isn't Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.
Also, while I wouldn't put anything past that organization, it would be unusual if they'd let him go deny these rumors publicly if they were true. Nagy didn't say he didn't know anything about the rumors or try to deflect the question. He flatly called them wrong. Something made him believe that, right?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2472 on: November 23, 2021, 02:19:16 PM »
Actually said "not accurate."
Can something be true and not accurate at the same time?

It's entirely possible that Nagy has been fired and just doesn't know it yet. But I doubt he went in front of the media and tried to parse words like that.

Counterpoint: "immunized"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2473 on: November 23, 2021, 02:28:14 PM »
This is the most Bears Bears thing ever. All of it.

Even if it’s not true.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #2474 on: November 23, 2021, 02:34:50 PM »
They stay bad because they have bad management and lots of supporters who say things like you just said.

Lol.

The Bears are bad because they have poor ownership. That's hardily unique in professional sports. I guess the fans could organize some sort of boycott or something, but I am unaware of a fan campaign that actually caused a team's ownership to change. Sounds good when ranting on the internet or for the talk radio crowd though. So, yes, blame the fans.

I'm pretty sure every Bears fan that posts on Scoop thinks the organization is terrible. So, I really don't understand the gloating, other than it just being a bunch of homer nonsense. Yes, the Packers are better than the Bears. No crap. Honestly, it has a "best fans in football" vibe. So, I guess congrats are in order.

feedback