collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270348 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #2100 on: November 07, 2021, 07:55:06 PM »
Love looks to be a serviceable backup but is not the future. GB defense was stout today. Chiefs have fallen hard and fast, they are very average.  Rodgers is pissed and ready to carve up the next opponent,  no doubt

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccctuallly.... he is sh!t.

NEXT PLEASE.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2101 on: November 07, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »
Two things we now agree on. Pretty soon we'll be bros and exchangin' Christmas presents, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2102 on: November 07, 2021, 08:05:50 PM »
Two things we now agree on. Pretty soon we'll be bros and exchangin' Christmas presents, aina?

I think you know better than this.

We probably agree on much much more.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2103 on: November 07, 2021, 08:56:36 PM »
Cmon man, Colt McCoy, James Conner, and Christian Kirk is an unstoppable big three that most teams could only dream of.

Shanahan has had one good year. For the other four, he is 19-37.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2104 on: November 07, 2021, 08:59:48 PM »
Titans need to keep it up in the second half . A Rams loss would help Packers.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2105 on: November 07, 2021, 10:12:36 PM »

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccctuallly.... he is sh!t.

NEXT PLEASE.

I've been saying that since they drafted him. Today was not a surprise.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2106 on: November 07, 2021, 10:19:51 PM »
AFC went 6-1 vs the NFC in interconference games today. If you told me before the day started that the one win would belong to NYG, I would not have believed you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2107 on: November 07, 2021, 10:47:26 PM »
I didn't think Love was that bad today. He certainly would be one of the 5 worst starters in the league but it was his first start with less than a weeks prep in an offense built for another qb. A lot of qbs wouldn't perform well in those circumstances. Hell, until the last drive he had a higher qb rating than Mahomes tonight.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2108 on: November 08, 2021, 05:47:40 AM »
I didn't think Love was that bad today. He certainly would be one of the 5 worst starters in the league but it was his first start with less than a weeks prep in an offense built for another qb. A lot of qbs wouldn't perform well in those circumstances. Hell, until the last drive he had a higher qb rating than Mahomes tonight.

That’s cause Mahomes was playing against a stronger defense. Not ready to throw him out yet because of the other things you mention, but that wasn’t encouraging.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2109 on: November 08, 2021, 06:00:54 AM »
That’s cause Mahomes was playing against a stronger defense. Not ready to throw him out yet because of the other things you mention, but that wasn’t encouraging.

He wasn’t good but I’m not certain LaFleur had a great game plan to utilize what Love could do well but that’s partly on the selfishness of 12.  Felt like he got away from the run too much and didn’t utilize more of what Love does well which was the quick throw concepts instead of the drop back stuff, especially on 3rd downs.  Learning curve for coach and QB and I’d suspect they could correct that if he’s in for another game.  Offensive line won’t grade out particularly well but the Chiefs were throwing the kitchen sink at them on obvious throwing downs.  Feels like a game where they probably missed Tonyan
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2110 on: November 08, 2021, 06:08:30 AM »
Packers playoff seeding got some help with a lot of the better teams in the NFC losing today
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2111 on: November 08, 2021, 06:14:43 AM »
Love looked like he struggled to read a defense before the snap, struggled to anticipate wide receivers breaking open, and was very off the mark on many of his throws, even easy ones. Those are things that are not scheme dependent.

When Favre got hurt in Dallas and we saw Rodgers for the first time, we knew we had something. This was entirely the opposite. It explained why Gutey had to bow to Rodgers after Rodgers ripped him apart every way he could this offseason. And it’s why he’ll do it again next offseason.

Love is young and will hopefully improve. But he certainly doesn’t appear to be the next in line of Hall of Fame quarterback play for the Packers. Him leading the NCAA in interceptions despite playing in the Mountain West Conference probably should’ve been a bigger red flag than the Packers made it. I don’t care who his team lost, can you imagine what Burrow or Herbert would’ve done in the MWC?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2112 on: November 08, 2021, 06:20:30 AM »
Those if you ready to throw love to the wolves, do you not remember rodgers first year?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2113 on: November 08, 2021, 06:23:29 AM »
I think we have to realize Love only has one real off-season and pre-season under his belt. I think Rodgers had a lot more experience going into the Dallas game.

That’s not to say he’s going to be a serviceable qb. This didn’t make me feel great, but I’m not ready to write him off. Granted, I’m someone who tried to be optimistic about Wojo for at least the first 5 years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2114 on: November 08, 2021, 06:26:08 AM »
Those if you ready to throw love to the wolves, do you not remember rodgers first year?

Yes the Packers were 6-10, but Rodgers still threw for over 4,000 yards and had 28 touchdowns to 13 interceptions. He wasn’t Hall if Fame Rodgers, but he wasn’t really the problem on that team either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #2115 on: November 08, 2021, 06:36:05 AM »
Yes the Packers were 6-10, but Rodgers still threw for over 4,000 yards and had 28 touchdowns to 13 interceptions. He wasn’t Hall if Fame Rodgers, but he wasn’t really the problem on that team either.

Yeah but cmon...  It was his first start.  I'm not going to pile onto a guy based on his first start on the road with short notice.  And my expectations for whomever Roders's successor was going to be was not another HOF QB.  You can be effective in the NFL falling short of that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2116 on: November 08, 2021, 07:03:54 AM »
5 years to judge, a’ina?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #2118 on: November 08, 2021, 07:18:12 AM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/jordan-love-showed-he-isnt-ready-strengthening-aaron-rodgers-hold-on-the-packers-025716301.html

I would be shocked...ABSOLUTELY shocked...if Rodgers is on the Packers next year. 

This ownership model is great when compared to teams with bad owners.  But Bob Harlan ain't coming through that door folks.  Murphy is a great guy and a good CEO-type, but he's not a guy to make bold football related decisions that I can tell.  Case in point: he held onto Ted Thompson for too long when it became apparent to a lot of people that he didn't have it anymore.  I just can't see him firing his choice of GM for the sake of a franchise QB.

Could there be a face saving move where Rodgers gets a huge contract and the Packers mortgage their future for him?  Perhaps but I would be stunned.

And no, the Packer Board won't be stepping in...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2119 on: November 08, 2021, 07:23:41 AM »

I would be shocked...ABSOLUTELY shocked...if Rodgers is on the Packers next year. 

This ownership model is great when compared to teams with bad owners.  But Bob Harlan ain't coming through that door folks.  Murphy is a great guy and a good CEO-type, but he's not a guy to make bold football related decisions that I can tell.  Case in point: he held onto Ted Thompson for too long when it became apparent to a lot of people that he didn't have it anymore.  I just can't see him firing his choice of GM for the sake of a franchise QB.

Could there be a face saving move where Rodgers gets a huge contract and the Packers mortgage their future for him?  Perhaps but I would be stunned.

Let’s see how this season plays out . A lot of games left and some key players are coming back from injury. Team could still make a playoff run.
            ---Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #2120 on: November 08, 2021, 07:31:39 AM »
Of course they can make a playoff run.  Hell, this team could win the Super Bowl despite what happened yesterday!  They could conceivably finish 7-1 or 6-2 and be a 1 or 2 seed.

But let's say they do that. Packer fans are going to ask, "why are you breaking this up?"

The easiest way for the Packers to make a clean break from AR is if they finish 5-3, lose in the second round, and then they could write him off as a distraction and move on.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2121 on: November 08, 2021, 07:50:05 AM »

If the Packers bring back Rodgers, that puts them $28 million over the cap.  They can get creative with the numbers by extending him but even doing so, a lot of key guys would not be back.  Everything was done to make this a “Last Dance”.

If he wins a Super Bowl, he’s gone.  If they don’t win a Super Bowl, the rebuild begins.  It’s all in for 2021.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2122 on: November 08, 2021, 07:53:55 AM »
After Darnold's third pick, WR Robby Anderson could be seen on the sideline screaming at the QB to "tighten up."

That's rich from the guy who leads the league in drops, who can't get open and who can get tackled by a feather on the rare occasion he does make a catch.

But Darnold really did suck yesterday. His stats were terrible, but even they didn't reflect just how bad he was. Almost every pass he threw was delivered late. He nearly got Moore and McCaffrey killed, and he had four passes batted at the line because he held the ball too long. The first INT he threw, which was returned for a TD, looked like something a middle-school QB might throw.

Oh, and I was wrong earlier when I said the Panthers were on the hook for $18M next season. Darnold actually will get paid $18.9M.

Nothing can set an organization back worse than being wrong on a QB. The Panthers are effed.

*** For Packer fans, here's hoping your team wasn't wrong about Love. I'm in the camp of "it's way too soon to know." Y'all will get to find out next year after he's had an entire offseason to prepare and after the offense is built around his skill set.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #2123 on: November 08, 2021, 07:58:13 AM »
Honestly there was something in that game tape that you could point at and say "Jordan Love doesn't have it," or conversely "Jordan Love showed a bit of potential."

His adrenaline was up in the first half and he was missing throws/placing balls poorly... but even then he wasn't airmailing shots over the middle into a cover-2 safety or not noticing LBs sitting in zone coverage. He wasn't reading the blitzers well and he didn't get Adams working into the space voided by those blitzers like we're used to Rodgers doing with his eyes closed... but that could be a "lack of reps together/lack of reps period" issue and not a "this guy can't play the position" thing.

Was he effective? No. He was mediocre to bad, but the only reason you look at that tape and say "he's unsalvageable garbage" is if you *want* him to be unsalvageable garbage (or possibly because the odds are against every single QB being good so if you want the safe bet you just put your chips on "he's bad" and expect the dice roll not to beat you, but that's a pretty boring thing to do).

End of the day, yes nothing in what he put on tape Sunday makes me think he's going to start the world on fire. Rodgers gives GB the best chance of winning this year and next year (even if the odds of him returning are slim and growing slimmer). But I'm also not ready to declare Love to be Ty Detmer and catapult him into the sun.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2124 on: November 08, 2021, 08:08:43 AM »
I thought in the drive he ended with an interception, he looked pretty good. He was setting his feet in the pocket and getting the ball out. I don’t know if the Chiefs stopped blitzing for awhile, or if some adjustments were made.