[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270129 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #1975 on: November 05, 2021, 02:03:58 PM »
Actually more disappointed with McAfee giving him a platform to spout off that nonsense.

Not surprising as they’re obviously close, but still disappointing.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1976 on: November 05, 2021, 02:08:03 PM »
Actually more disappointed with McAfee giving him a platform to spout off that nonsense.

Not surprising as McAfee is the remora making money off of clinging to Rodgers. Crazy punter man needs to leverage his connection to Rodgers to have anything anyone would care to watch.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1977 on: November 05, 2021, 02:13:09 PM »
Not surprising as McAfee is the remora making money off of clinging to Rodgers. Crazy punter man needs to leverage his connection to Rodgers to have anything anyone would care to watch.

"This interview is going DAHN.  CAHNT wait for the main man A-ROD to give us the deets.  CRAZY."

I used to actually like Pat, but he's become such a caricature.  Its cringey.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1978 on: November 05, 2021, 02:41:20 PM »
Not my quip, but seems like we now have a Karen Rodgers on our hands

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1979 on: November 05, 2021, 02:49:11 PM »
Rodgers giving us every reason to believe in CTE.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1980 on: November 05, 2021, 03:18:17 PM »
"Rodgers is claiming that in 2020 the left was anti-vaccine while Trump was president, and then suddenly after Biden's election,"

He's actually not totally wrong here - some on the left did express skepticism and hesitation (including Kamala Harris and Andrew Cuomo). I think the truth in his comments is an indictment of how radically politically polarized we are as a society. Even when Trump said to get the vaccine he was greeted with boos.

maybe, but no doubt his Rogers rate just jumped significantly.
Ummm, just no. Harris said she would wait to take the vaccine  until CDC said it was safe/approved its usage, and would not take it based on Trump saying so. A reasonable stance, I think, since Trump suggested imbibing bleach.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:23:47 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #1981 on: November 05, 2021, 03:19:08 PM »
This interview really took of the rose-colored glasses for me with regards to Rodgers' character and personality. Fans of other teams have been saying for years that he's a smug a-hole and pseudo-intellectual. I finally agree.

I did agree with a couple points he made, namely that some NFL protocols don't make complete sense. Also I don't think that staff or players should be pressured to talk about someone else's vaccination status, let those people speak for themselves about it. I think that's all valid. Even the "personal choice" thing - fine, you have your reasons, whatever. He should've left it there. Kirk Cousins went that path and aside from getting trolled in social media, people eventually forgot and didn't care.

But the "critical thinker" bit, making unproven claims about side effects and alternative treatments, diving into "big pharma" conspiracy theories, and painting himself as a victim all take it too far. The MLK quote was the icing on the cake.

He could've gone full Kirk Cousins and it would've been over after a couple weeks. Instead, he went full Kyrie Irving. Never go full Kyrie Irving.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1982 on: November 05, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »
He could've gone full Kirk Cousins and it would've been over after a couple weeks. Instead, he went full Kyrie Irving. Never go full Kyrie Irving.
Only, Kyrie is owning it; Rodgers is trying to blame everyone else for putting the stick through his bike spokes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #1983 on: November 05, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »
Only, Kyrie is owning it; Rodgers is trying to blame everyone else for putting the stick through his bike spokes.

Agreed. I made the comparison because of that MLK quote, which makes it seem like Rodgers thinks of himself as some sort of hero for refusing to comply, in the same sense that Kyrie thinks of himself as some hero for sitting out this year, "speaking for the voiceless", etc.

With all the other drama that happened this offseason, it looks like Rodgers would have straight up retired if vaccines were mandatory for players. Crazy.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1984 on: November 05, 2021, 03:38:12 PM »
Agreed. I made the comparison because of that MLK quote, which makes it seem like Rodgers thinks of himself as some sort of hero for refusing to comply, in the same sense that Kyrie thinks of himself as some hero for sitting out this year, "speaking for the voiceless", etc.

With all the other drama that happened this offseason, it looks like Rodgers would have straight up retired if vaccines were mandatory for players. Crazy.

Rodgers was never retiring. He needs the spotlight. This is just his attempt to save face with half the country. He knows he screwed up and he’s doing anything he can to shift the blame to anyone but himself.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1985 on: November 05, 2021, 03:43:16 PM »

I don't think you get how this works. The entire reason for going on McAfee's show is to be able to say whatever you want without being challenged. As McAfee proves in every episode, he is not a journalist.

Aaron isn't going to face a journalist with this garbage because he would face pushback over his remarks.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1986 on: November 05, 2021, 04:11:30 PM »
This interview really took of the rose-colored glasses for me with regards to Rodgers' character and personality. Fans of other teams have been saying for years that he's a smug a-hole and pseudo-intellectual. I finally agree.

I did agree with a couple points he made, namely that some NFL protocols don't make complete sense. Also I don't think that staff or players should be pressured to talk about someone else's vaccination status, let those people speak for themselves about it. I think that's all valid. Even the "personal choice" thing - fine, you have your reasons, whatever. He should've left it there. Kirk Cousins went that path and aside from getting trolled in social media, people eventually forgot and didn't care.

But the "critical thinker" bit, making unproven claims about side effects and alternative treatments, diving into "big pharma" conspiracy theories, and painting himself as a victim all take it too far. The MLK quote was the icing on the cake.

Agreed. The one that made me chuckle was how he never signed up for the protocols. Well, the union you belong to negotiated with the NFL as a way to keep players safe. It’s not the NFL unilaterally laying down the law.

If he didn’t feel safe with the shot due to the allergy (I’m skeptical) and J&J risks, fine. But then don’t try to get out of the protocols and act like you are some victim.

If the interview was 5 minutes of him saying I have an allergy and wasn’t comfortable with J&J, and this was a risk I accepted, I don’t think anyone would have an issue.

To basically go on a diatribe using conspiracy theories and calling the measures draconian and all of that is absurd. Yea, the protocols would be a pain, but Covid is no picnic either.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1987 on: November 05, 2021, 04:23:15 PM »

Yep.  And Rodgers has lied or stretched the truth multiple times to fit his agenda or narrative.  Kyrie is far closer to Cousins than Rodgers in this regard.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1988 on: November 05, 2021, 04:25:13 PM »
Rodgers giving his spin on McAfee's show

Update: he's still an idiot!

Eye did knot have sex wit dat woman, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1989 on: November 05, 2021, 04:39:11 PM »
Rodgers really proved he is an idiot in that interview. He should fire his agent if the agent signed on for him doing that.

He should have just led with: I'm really upset about how my personal information regarding vaccination was leaked to the press. Details of my medical history shouldn't be for public consumption, especially when the facts are distorted and misrepresented. The facts are, I'm not vaccinated. I'm allergic to the two mRNA vaccines and personally don't feel comfortable with some of the risks in the J&J vaccine. As a result I followed all protocols, including daily testing for unvaccinated individuals.

full stop.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1990 on: November 05, 2021, 04:41:00 PM »
Poor little victim, Aaron Rodgers.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1991 on: November 05, 2021, 04:41:53 PM »
Rodgers really proved he is an idiot in that interview. He should fire his agent if the agent signed on for him doing that.

He should have just led with: I'm really upset about how my personal information regarding vaccination was leaked to the press. Details of my medical history shouldn't be for public consumption, especially when the facts are distorted and misrepresented. The facts are, I'm not vaccinated. I'm allergic to the two mRNA vaccines and personally don't feel comfortable with some of the risks in the J&J vaccine. As a result I followed all protocols, including daily testing for unvaccinated individuals.

full stop.

Cmon. MLK was never like that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1992 on: November 05, 2021, 04:48:23 PM »
I was driving up from Southern Illinois all day and just caught up with the interview.

I’ve said before Rodgers was my favorite QB of all time, but this is just a clown show. I’m not the “shut up and play” type, but WTF…seriously, WTF?

I hate saying this, but at least Cole Beasley is just upfront and open about his stance (which I staunchly disagree with). This word salad of garbage coming from Rodgers…just retire and go do whatever it is you want to do, or just own your anti-vax stance and die on that hill.

I wish Rodgers was a Titan or Seahawk or something, as there’s a lot of good Packer fans here, and I hope Green Bay beats the piss out of KC on Sunday to spite Rodgers.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1993 on: November 05, 2021, 04:58:29 PM »

full stop.

His agent has zero to do with this. Rodgers has had a standing segment on Pat's show all season. Why? Because it is the definition of a safe space, with Rodgers able to air his grievences on any topic with zero push back and his buddy AJ Hawk nodding in the background.

When I saw he was going to be on Pat's show today, I knew it was going to be something. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. You think he's going to his agent for advice, lol.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1994 on: November 05, 2021, 04:59:58 PM »
Like I said all offseason, should've given the guy what he wanted.  Didn't want to be here?  Fair enough.  You have the best WR in football, one of the best RB groups in football, one of the best offensive lines in football, and you've spent draft and money capitol on your defense for the last number of years now, and you'd get a king's ransom for Rodgers.  If the guy you traded up in the first round to take is not good enough to at the very least manage the game enough to win in the NFC North, then that's on you for your lack of ability to identify talent.

Instead we're going to get a guy who wouldn't vaccinate himself causing the Packers to lose their chance at a 1 seed, probably lose a road NFC Title game, and then see the QB and the WR walk for nothing.

Excellent.

Bump. Guy showed us what he was all off-season. Gutey wanted to make his splash as a young GM by taking HIS guy at QB, which pissed off an all time great, and when it came time to stand by his move Gutey folded.

This just makes me appreciate Giannis that much more. A true gift to Milwaukee. (And Khris and Jrue)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1995 on: November 05, 2021, 05:01:37 PM »
Poor little victim, Aaron Rodgers.

Peddle his heine, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #1996 on: November 05, 2021, 05:29:01 PM »
Bump. Guy showed us what he was all off-season. Gutey wanted to make his splash as a young GM by taking HIS guy at QB, which pissed off an all time great, and when it came time to stand by his move Gutey folded.

This just makes me appreciate Giannis that much more. A true gift to Milwaukee. (And Khris and Jrue)

How did Gutey fold? He has Aaron and Jordan on his roster. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1997 on: November 05, 2021, 05:31:53 PM »
How did Gutey fold? He has Aaron and Jordan on his roster.

He moved up to take a quarterback in the first round, his starting quarterback asked out of Green Bay which would’ve cleared the path for the guy he traded up for, yet he decided to let the quarterback who asked for a trade pick out who he’d add to the team.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1998 on: November 05, 2021, 05:33:59 PM »
Love wasn’t ready. That’s why they had to bring him back.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1999 on: November 05, 2021, 05:35:48 PM »
His agent has zero to do with this. Rodgers has had a standing segment on Pat's show all season. Why? Because it is the definition of a safe space, with Rodgers able to air his grievences on any topic with zero push back and his buddy AJ Hawk nodding in the background.

When I saw he was going to be on Pat's show today, I knew it was going to be something. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. You think he's going to his agent for advice, lol.

Yup, this was about 12 airing his grievances and attempting to show how smart he is.  Sometimes when you want to show you’re the smartest guy in the room, you show your backside instead
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback