collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 04:54:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270274 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #850 on: September 20, 2021, 09:42:10 PM »
Like I said. Packers still play in the NFC North. The defense stinks, but the good news is the QBs in the North are Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins, and Andy Dalton. Decent gap between what the Pack have and what the Pack will see.

And the OLine needs to be better. The good news is they have one of the best OLineman coming back mid season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2021, 10:04:50 PM »
Definite first half angst, but then dominated. Glad the Pack are on in primetime again next week, as I think this is going to be a real roller coaster season for them.

That Lions team…woof. That final score of the Niners game was always misleading because of the final 2 minutes. Their defense is injured and really really really awful, which is a tough combo to overcome.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #852 on: September 20, 2021, 10:08:30 PM »
I don’t understand why the Lions didn’t keep running the ball.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #853 on: September 21, 2021, 07:52:56 AM »
Also should add that I did tune in for a bit to the Manning cast...and well...I wasn't terribly impressed.  Networks have been falling all over themselves to get Peyton in a booth, but he's no Tony Romo.  And Eli is just Eli.  We will see if this comes together better.

And as for ESPN, I wish they would strip down their production a little.  They missed the Packers rushing and getting the Lions to be called for 12 men because they were too busy with another graphic production.  I wish they would look at how NBC does the EPL and just let the game do the talking instead of feeling they have to entertain constantly between plays. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #854 on: September 21, 2021, 08:27:18 AM »
Also should add that I did tune in for a bit to the Manning cast...and well...I wasn't terribly impressed.  Networks have been falling all over themselves to get Peyton in a booth, but he's no Tony Romo.  And Eli is just Eli.  We will see if this comes together better.

And as for ESPN, I wish they would strip down their production a little.  They missed the Packers rushing and getting the Lions to be called for 12 men because they were too busy with another graphic production.  I wish they would look at how NBC does the EPL and just let the game do the talking instead of feeling they have to entertain constantly between plays.

3 in the booth is rarely a good thing. 3 yakkers, all constantly believing they need to fill the air space. ESPN's isn't one of the best announcing teams in history. But they know it has to be "entertaining," and the networks have been trying to recreate Gifford-Cosell-Meredith forever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #855 on: September 21, 2021, 08:36:53 AM »
3 in the booth is rarely a good thing. 3 yakkers, all constantly believing they need to fill the air space. ESPN's isn't one of the best announcing teams in history. But they know it has to be "entertaining," and the networks have been trying to recreate Gifford-Cosell-Meredith forever.

Agreed.  Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit are excellent together for college football so there are plenty of examples for ESPN to choose from.  But Levy seems to get lost in the banter with all three.  I would go with Levy and either Griese or Riddick and see what works.  Trying to emulate something from 40 years ago when television production was a much different thing, doesn't make sense to me.

And don't get me started on that disaster of a pre-game show.  For goodness sakes stop yelling please.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #856 on: September 21, 2021, 08:57:39 AM »

Agreed.  Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit are excellent together for college football so there are plenty of examples for ESPN to choose from.  But Levy seems to get lost in the banter with all three.  I would go with Levy and either Griese or Riddick and see what works.  Trying to emulate something from 40 years ago when television production was a much different thing, doesn't make sense to me.

And don't get me started on that disaster of a pre-game show.  For goodness sakes stop yelling please.

I haven't seen the pregame show ... and it sounds like that's something I should continue avoiding, so thanks!

Agree about Fowler and Herbstreit, and agree that maybe Levy would be OK in a 2-man booth.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #857 on: September 21, 2021, 09:00:33 AM »

I’ve not seen much of it, but it seems like they’ve basically taken the C’mon Man and Jack’d Up segments and extrapolated that to a full show.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #858 on: September 21, 2021, 09:08:59 AM »
I listen to both Bill Simmons and LeBatard’s podcasts, and both consistently comment about the over production ESPN puts into everything around their NBA/NFL content. Sultan is spot on about them missing things live last night. They can’t let a game just breathe, it’s terribly frustrating.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #859 on: September 21, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »
Unvaccinated NFL players living a very different experience than their vaxxed teammates

https://theathletic.com/2828959/2021/09/21/unvaccinated-nfl-players-living-a-very-different-experience-than-their-vaxxed-teammates/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

When Denzel Perryman reported for training camp in late July, he unabashedly stated his intent to forgo COVID-19 vaccination, saying he was fully prepared to deal with the weighty restrictions placed on unvaccinated NFL players.

“Zero vaccination, period,” said Perryman, then on the Panthers’ roster. “Nothing against it. I know people who got the vaccination and still got COVID. To me, what’s the point?

“I know unvaccinated players can’t do this, can’t do that. … It is what it is. It doesn’t bother me, though.”

Later, having dealt with inconvenient daily COVID-19 testing, eating meals in isolation, constant masking and painstaking social-distancing requirements for seven weeks, Perryman has made an abrupt about-face.

“I ain’t gonna lie,” he said earlier this month in Las Vegas after being traded to the Raiders. “Too many restrictions going on. Can’t even eat with my fellow brothers. I don’t like being an outcast.”

Yes, life comes at you fast. The Raiders’ roster, according to the NFL, is now fully vaccinated. And that means Perryman, too.

“We’re segregated,” one player said. “Vaxxed over here, unvaxxed over there.”

Very smart of the NFL to use the stick after the carrot didn't work.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #860 on: September 21, 2021, 10:48:12 AM »
Zadarius Smith has to be unvaxxed based on wearing a mask on the sideline last night, right?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #861 on: September 21, 2021, 10:48:56 AM »
Aaron Jones jewelry has been found in the end zone. Had his fathers ashes contained  in the shape of a football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-rb-aaron-jones-confirms-145706504.html
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #862 on: September 21, 2021, 11:37:43 AM »
Unvaccinated NFL players living a very different experience than their vaxxed teammates

https://theathletic.com/2828959/2021/09/21/unvaccinated-nfl-players-living-a-very-different-experience-than-their-vaxxed-teammates/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

When Denzel Perryman reported for training camp in late July, he unabashedly stated his intent to forgo COVID-19 vaccination, saying he was fully prepared to deal with the weighty restrictions placed on unvaccinated NFL players.

“Zero vaccination, period,” said Perryman, then on the Panthers’ roster. “Nothing against it. I know people who got the vaccination and still got COVID. To me, what’s the point?

“I know unvaccinated players can’t do this, can’t do that. … It is what it is. It doesn’t bother me, though.”

Later, having dealt with inconvenient daily COVID-19 testing, eating meals in isolation, constant masking and painstaking social-distancing requirements for seven weeks, Perryman has made an abrupt about-face.

“I ain’t gonna lie,” he said earlier this month in Las Vegas after being traded to the Raiders. “Too many restrictions going on. Can’t even eat with my fellow brothers. I don’t like being an outcast.”

Yes, life comes at you fast. The Raiders’ roster, according to the NFL, is now fully vaccinated. And that means Perryman, too.

“We’re segregated,” one player said. “Vaxxed over here, unvaxxed over there.”

Very smart of the NFL to use the stick after the carrot didn't work.

Something tells me that Gruden had zero patience with the anti-Baxter’s on the team.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #863 on: September 21, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »
Same old Lions.     Depleted secondary already heading into week 3.     Being a Lions defensive back is like being a Spinal Tap drummer.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #864 on: September 21, 2021, 08:05:07 PM »
Wheel trade ya #20 four a previously used Bike jockstrap. Deel, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #865 on: September 21, 2021, 08:55:32 PM »
Zadarius Smith has to be unvaxxed based on wearing a mask on the sideline last night, right?

Maybe he's just being extra careful. Probably not. But maybe.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #866 on: September 22, 2021, 08:27:23 AM »
Panthers are 7.5-point road favorites in tomorrow night's game.

Sucker line?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #867 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:56 AM »

Sucker line?

Not with the Panthers' defense playing like it has been to start the season + Davis Mills at QB

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #868 on: September 22, 2021, 11:42:44 AM »

Sucker line?

With Mills at QB I think it’s a solidly placed line
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #869 on: September 22, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »
Much as I hate the Queens, I think they are a great play this week at +1.5

MU82

• All American
« Reply #870 on: September 22, 2021, 01:37:53 PM »
Not with the Panthers' defense playing like it has been to start the season + Davis Mills at QB

That's what I keep telling myself. I never bet on Panthers games (or Marquette games), but I obviously hope the oddsmakers are right here.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #871 on: September 22, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »
MO Supreme Court denies the Rams/NFL appeal over their objection to disclosure of financial information towards the pursuit of punitive damages. A protective order would be in place, but if this sucker goes to trial, anything during a hearing is public.

I still can’t believe how little attention this story is getting. Having followed it, I believe the city/county want this to go to trial. Any settlement negotiation is going to start at $3-$5 billion. If this goes to trial, once the NFL/Rams lose (which seems very likely as the NFL’s legal team has been a total $hit show so far), they’ll go through the appellate system and try to eventually get this to the Supreme Court.

• All American
« Reply #872 on: September 22, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »
MO Supreme Court denies the Rams/NFL appeal over their objection to disclosure of financial information towards the pursuit of punitive damages. A protective order would be in place, but if this sucker goes to trial, anything during a hearing is public.

I still can’t believe how little attention this story is getting. Having followed it, I believe the city/county want this to go to trial. Any settlement negotiation is going to start at $3-$5 billion. If this goes to trial, once the NFL/Rams lose (which seems very likely as the NFL’s legal team has been a total $hit show so far), they’ll go through the appellate system and try to eventually get this to the Supreme Court.

Thank you for the updates.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #873 on: September 22, 2021, 02:17:31 PM »

NFL doesn’t want it covered.  Media partners will oblige
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #874 on: September 22, 2021, 04:53:44 PM »
Elton Jenkins not practicing heading into a game against the 49ers is not ideal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter