collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 270400 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2021, 04:05:26 PM »
This team is deeper at WR

Where?  Aside from Adams... Lazard has been up and down, EQSTB has been pretty bad, MVS is great when he can catch the ball... but that is a major problem he has always had.  Amari Rodgers looks promising, but it unproven.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2021, 04:42:37 PM »

Yeah, I think Lazard is going to have an awesome year.  In fact, I think WR is not a worry at all heading into this year.

The offense is multi-dimensional with the backfield and a productive TE in Tonyan.  Plus, Adams had 115 catches last year.  LaFleur’s offense has been pretty darn good.

When people say add weapons, a slot WR with diminishing returns isn’t what I’d have in mind but I’m not a Packers blogger.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2021, 04:54:04 PM »
I’m seeing a lot of people saying that Rodgers’ presser is proof that the team has treated him unfairly and deserve for him to leave. I guess I saw a guy who is great at cradling a narrative, but is just upset he has little guaranteed money beyond this year.

Maybe he deserves to be part of some personnel discussions, but it seems he was a bit upset they didn’t take his advice on a few things. Overpaying veterans is a good way to get in cap trouble.

Maybe I’m cynical, but I didn’t gain too much out of it. I think it’s pretty well established the Packer FO is not great at communicating. However, the Patriots are the gold standard and they seem even more ruthless when getting rid of veterans. I just feel the grass won’t be greener for him at his next team. Or his way is how not how you build a perennial playoff team for a 30 year period.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »
Where?  Aside from Adams... Lazard has been up and down, EQSTB has been pretty bad, MVS is great when he can catch the ball... but that is a major problem he has always had.  Amari Rodgers looks promising, but it unproven.
Well, Cobb, amari rodgers and funchess make it deeper plus the continued development of mvs and Lazard. I think eq is odd man out.  This is an offense that was already #1 in the league so I am sure they aren't  worried about the wr and tight end group.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #479 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:32 PM »
At worst, the WRs plateau and they've added Rodgers. I don't know how much more they can expect out of Tonyan, but they are hopeful DeGuaura can come back healthy and be another piece.

And Dillon has real potential to be an enhanced 2nd running back.

The OL early on is a concern with Bahk out and Linsley gone. Really the only reason to think they can't be just as good

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2021, 06:30:15 AM »
Well, Cobb, amari rodgers and funchess make it deeper plus the continued development of mvs and Lazard. I think eq is odd man out.  This is an offense that was already #1 in the league so I am sure they aren't  worried about the wr and tight end group.

Ah, yes, I did forget about Funchess.

Also, looks like the Packers fleeced the Texans for Cobb.  6th rounder and they're eating over $3 mil of his contract.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2021, 08:59:43 AM »
Ah, yes, I did forget about Funchess.

As we Panthers fans like to say, you can't spell Funchess without F-U-N.

The most fun, though, was when the team dumped him. Slow receivers who run mediocre routes and drop too many passes aren't the best weapons ... though maybe he'll become a star with a great QB throwing to him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2021, 09:11:56 AM »
As we Panthers fans like to say, you can't spell Funchess without F-U-N.

The most fun, though, was when the team dumped him. Slow receivers who run mediocre routes and drop too many passes aren't the best weapons ... though maybe he'll become a star with a great QB throwing to him.

At least one preseason analysis (espn maybe?) rated him as the team's most likely to be cut veteran. I'm expecting nothing from him and will be pleasantly surprised if I end up wrong.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2021, 09:21:51 AM »
At least one preseason analysis (espn maybe?) rated him as the team's most likely to be cut veteran. I'm expecting nothing from him and will be pleasantly surprised if I end up wrong.

Yes, as we learned pretty quickly here, that's a good attitude for a fan to have about him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2021, 09:57:46 AM »
I’m seeing a lot of people saying that Rodgers’ presser is proof that the team has treated him unfairly and deserve for him to leave. I guess I saw a guy who is great at cradling a narrative, but is just upset he has little guaranteed money beyond this year.

Maybe he deserves to be part of some personnel discussions, but it seems he was a bit upset they didn’t take his advice on a few things. Overpaying veterans is a good way to get in cap trouble.

Maybe I’m cynical, but I didn’t gain too much out of it. I think it’s pretty well established the Packer FO is not great at communicating. However, the Patriots are the gold standard and they seem even more ruthless when getting rid of veterans. I just feel the grass won’t be greener for him at his next team. Or his way is how not how you build a perennial playoff team for a 30 year period.

Well written. If you look back at the Packers over the tenure of Rodgers career, they did an above average job of cutting guys loose at about the right time.  Most went on to one or two years of mediocre performance at somewhat inflated salaries after their departure before exiting the league.  And I don't remember Jordy or Kuhn complaining after their careers ended.  It's a cut throat business and everyone understands that.  Of course there were 'misses' on guys they should have retained (Hyde, for example).  But nobody bats 1.000%. 

I do think this isn't really about the Packers doing it to other guys as Rodgers claims.  It's about the Packers doing it to HIM. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2021, 10:07:50 AM »
So apparently Rodgers' doesn't have a new contract yet?

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1420743838625304577
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »
I do think this isn't really about the Packers doing it to other guys as Rodgers claims.  It's about the Packers doing it to HIM.

I agree. Throwing out names of people fans loved.

I was surprised at how forceful he was that the leaks didn’t come from his side. I don’t know why the Packers would speak this unless they really thought he wasn’t coming back and wanted to paint Rodgers as unreasonable.

That doesn’t seem to me to benefit Jordan Love though based on how ugly the Favre situation was for the replacement.

• All American
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2021, 10:59:08 AM »
Well written. If you look back at the Packers over the tenure of Rodgers career, they did an above average job of cutting guys loose at about the right time.  Most went on to one or two years of mediocre performance at somewhat inflated salaries after their departure before exiting the league.  And I don't remember Jordy or Kuhn complaining after their careers ended.  It's a cut throat business and everyone understands that.  Of course there were 'misses' on guys they should have retained (Hyde, for example).  But nobody bats 1.000%. 

So here are the names he listed....

Charles Woodson - Went on to have a couple of good, but not great seasons, but had a huge cap number that they weren't going to pay
Jordy Nelson - He was done
Julius peppers - He was done
Clay Matthews - He was more than done
Randall Cobb - Probably could have gotten another year or two out of him
James Jones - Never a top guy.  Pretty much done.
John Kuhn - LOL OK
Brett Goode - LOL OK
TJ Lang - Didn't miss him one bit
Brian Bulaga - Didn't miss him last year.  We will see.
Casey Hayward - This was a miss.
Micah Hyde - This was a miss.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2021, 11:25:18 AM »
Totally agree with your list. Hayward and Hyde were the only two they really missed on.

But that's part of the deal in a hard cap league. Can't pay everyone. Aaron knows this.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2021, 11:36:17 AM »
Totally agree with your list. Hayward and Hyde were the only two they really missed on.

But that's part of the deal in a hard cap league. Can't pay everyone. Aaron knows this.

What really blows is how the Packers have wasted Rodgers final years on back to back 5-11 teams.  When you have a talent like 12 you should be in the NFC Championship game.  You should have homefield throughout the playoffs.  You should surround him with All Pro's at WR + LT + RB + OL + DT + Edge Rusher + DB.  What the Packers have done to Aaron Rodgers is SHAMEFUL, SHAMEFUL!!!!!!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »
Man I LOVED that presser. What an asskicking. Tony's reaction is perfect: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31907405

• All American
« Reply #491 on: July 29, 2021, 12:59:30 PM »
Man I LOVED that presser. What an asskicking. Tony's reaction is perfect: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=31907405

I don't know what you mean by "asskicking."  He looked like a tool because The Lens is right - they HAVE built great teams around him the last two years - ya know....Gutey's era.  But if Tony is right, and it won him the locker room, then that's really all that matters.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #492 on: July 29, 2021, 01:02:00 PM »

Charles Woodson - Went on to have a couple of good, but not great seasons, but had a huge cap number that they weren't going to pay
John Kuhn - LOL OK
Brett Goode - LOL OK

Good work and totally agree.  It's a young man's game, not ARodg's drinking club.

And BTW, I totally like and respect essentially all those players for their career contributions in Green Bay.

One last thing Aaron, Paul Hourning and Jimmy Taylor got traded in the twilight of their careers too.  And they starred on the greatest team ever assembled.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2021, 02:27:59 PM »

John Kuhn - LOL OK
Brett Goode - LOL OK

Plus Josh Sitton who was a surprise training camp cut. Got 1 really good year out of him, one average year by my recollection.

At least 5 or 6 of those guys have or will retire as Packers. The ones that won't (Woodson, Peppers, Hayward, Hyde) either have a big part of their legacy elsewhere, or blossomed after leaving. So how big of a problem is this to people other than Rodgers?

Hayward and Hyde were big misses, and a big part of why the Packers have spent so much capital on their secondary - the opportunity cost could well have cost the Packers Super Bowl runs. But they're also not who Rodgers is referring to.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #494 on: July 30, 2021, 05:17:09 AM »
I think it’s hilarious that Rodgers, a man who can’t wait to get out of Green Bay, demanded the packers bring in Cobb, who publicly stated he and his wife cried tears of joy together when they found out they got to come back to Green Bay.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #495 on: July 30, 2021, 05:59:59 AM »
I think it’s hilarious that Rodgers, a man who can’t wait to get out of Green Bay, demanded the packers bring in Cobb, who publicly stated he and his wife cried tears of joy together when they found out they got to come back to Green Bay.
I think Rodgers likes being a Green Bay Packer a lot. His beef is with management.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2021, 06:20:59 AM »

He's never said this.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #497 on: July 30, 2021, 06:28:11 AM »
I think Rodgers likes being a Green Bay Packer a lot. His beef is with management.

Rodgers hates Green Bay.  That’s a fact.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #498 on: July 30, 2021, 06:55:36 AM »
Rodgers hates Green Bay.  That’s a fact.

He hates it so much that he spent his whole career in GB praising the city and the fans.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #499 on: July 30, 2021, 07:23:28 AM »
He hates it so much that he spent his whole career in GB praising the city and the fans.

He’s a good actor.  From dating all those starlets