[Today at 12:08:31 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Season  (Read 264093 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: 2021-2022 NFL Season
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 02:56:49 PM »
Sure. But he's texting his teammates making fun of Gute while his teammates are re-signing? Or his teammates hate Gute as well but are choosing to stay in GB? It just doesn't add up.

And it came from McGinn, which automatically puts an asterisk next to it. It's not impossible I'm just more hesitant to believe it than I am with some of the other stuff.

Given his personal history, I don’t think he has as many friends on the team as some believe
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2021, 03:27:19 PM »
Given his personal history, I don’t think he has as many friends on the team as some believe

I mean, you can see the pictures of guys he hangs out with during the off season anywhere on the internet.  Create whichever narrative you'd like, but at least back it up.

He looks very Tom Petty-esque here... real skrawny... but he's standing next to Bakh.

You can see from a lot of pictures that exist on the internet that he has hung out with plenty of his current and former teammates.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2021, 03:35:49 PM »
I think it's likely most of the leaks are true. I have a hard time believing the Krause stuff without screenshots, and the FA stuff given all of his friends have re-signed with the team for 2021.

Rodgers is strictly leaking for his benefit. The Packers are leaking strictly for their benefit.

While both sides are saying some stuff that is true, I would not take any statements at face value.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2021, 03:45:57 PM »
I mean, you can see the pictures of guys he hangs out with during the off season anywhere on the internet.  Create whichever narrative you'd like, but at least back it up.

To be fair, those are both at the Derby in different years, and Randall Cobb is a Kentucky guy.  I imagine most of those crews arent jetting out to hang out with Rodgers in Del Mar in the offseason

I think he's legitimately tight with Bakhtiari, and he clearly has a relationship with Hawk from their podcast stuff with McAfee.  But I don't think its far fetched to think the vast majority of the team is at arms length from him.  Probably cause they knows they could be thrown underneath the bus at any moment.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2021, 04:15:57 PM »
To be fair, those are both at the Derby in different years, and Randall Cobb is a Kentucky guy.  I imagine most of those crews arent jetting out to hang out with Rodgers in Del Mar in the offseason

I think he's legitimately tight with Bakhtiari, and he clearly has a relationship with Hawk from their podcast stuff with McAfee.  But I don't think its far fetched to think the vast majority of the team is at arms length from him.  Probably cause they knows they could be thrown underneath the bus at any moment.

Ah, so multiple pictures of guys hanging out don't count, but warrant-less opinions do?  He clearly gets along with his receivers, lineman, and Tim Boyle. 

I have yet to hear a single player talk trash about Aaron once they've left the team.  And plenty of guys have had the opportunity.  Instead, all I read are glowing stories about Aaron.  So where's the smoke that you guys see?  It seems to be entirely fabricated. 

In fact:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/green-bay-packers-robert-tonyan-jr-football

Just read it.  Yeah, Aaron... the guy who is constantly joking with teammates and opponents during and after the game is toxic.  SMH.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 04:30:00 PM »
Ah, so multiple pictures of guys hanging out don't count, but warrant-less opinions do?  He clearly gets along with his receivers, lineman, and Tim Boyle. 

I have yet to hear a single player talk trash about Aaron once they've left the team.  And plenty of guys have had the opportunity.  Instead, all I read are glowing stories about Aaron.  So where's the smoke that you guys see?  It seems to be entirely fabricated. 

In fact:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/green-bay-packers-robert-tonyan-jr-football

Just read it.  Yeah, Aaron... the guy who is constantly joking with teammates and opponents during and after the game is toxic.  SMH.

You think Rodgers' reputation around the league and media as a prickly diva and who holds absurd grudges is totally unfounded? Keep carrying that water.

Just because teammates don't explicitly trash him on the way out and hes in some pictures at big parties/events?  Ok. Pretty sure Greg Jennings and Finley both took shots at him shortly after leaving GB.

Everything about his brand reputation is carefully micro-managed.  I dont think any of us know the real Rodgers, and most of his teammates probably dont either.   Im sure you think he and Danica Patrick were a totally genuine match, totally non-PR relationship as well.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 04:40:09 PM »
You think Rodgers' reputation around the league and media as a prickly diva and who holds absurd grudges is totally unfounded? Keep carrying that water.

Just because teammates don't explicitly trash him on the way out and hes in some pictures at big parties/events?  Ok. Pretty sure Greg Jennings and Finley both took shots at him shortly after leaving GB.

Everything about his brand reputation is carefully micro-managed.  I dont think any of us know the real Rodgers, and most of his teammates probably dont either.   Im sure you think he and Danica Patrick were a totally genuine match, totally non-PR relationship as well.

That isn't what we're talking about.  I didn't say he wasn't a prickly diva... I directly countered the claim that his teammates don't love him.  You've found two players out of hundreds that have said bad things about him.... in 16 years.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/09/aaron-rodgers-finally-fires-back-at-greg-jennings-jermichael-finley/

Several former teammates have come to the defense of Rodgers since the article published, including John Kuhn, James Jones, Casey Hayward and even Jeff Janis. Almost universally, former and current teammates have defended Rodgers’ leadership ability – turning Jenning and Finley into the loudest voices in an otherwise empty room.

The rest you've added is irrelevant.  I'm aware that professional athletes are brands that they carefully manage.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »

He looks very Tom Petty-esque here... real skrawny... but he's standing next to Bakh.

You can see from a lot of pictures that exist on the internet that he has hung out with plenty of his current and former teammates.

I’m sure he’s friends with many of the guys he’s played with.  I’m also sure many players that played with him now and before don’t like him at all.  The guy disowned his family for crying aloud.  I think people are overestimating how quickly his current teammates would rally around Jordan Love if need be.  Probably because they’re sick of being told he doesn’t have enough good players around him to win
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 04:48:12 PM »

Jennings and Finley don’t count for some reason. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2021, 04:56:36 PM »
I’m sure he’s friends with many of the guys he’s played with.  I’m also sure many players that played with him now and before don’t like him at all.  The guy disowned his family for crying aloud. I think people are overestimating how quickly his current teammates would rally around Jordan Love if need be. Probably because they’re sick of being told he doesn’t have enough good players around him to win

bolded: His family is also bat doo doo insane

italics: probably, and Packer fans would probably boo him the first time out of the tunnel the way they did Aaron.

underlined: find me some quotes of Aaron saying this.

Jennings and Finley don’t count for some reason. 

They do, but they're in the minority.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 05:05:34 PM »

italics: probably, and Packer fans would probably boo him the first time out of the tunnel the way they did Aaron.

underlined: find me some quotes of Aaron saying this.

They do, but they're in the minority.

For years, the media and fans have been beating the drum the front office doesn’t put enough talent around 12 to win.  Safe to say his teammates hear it all the time

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 05:07:12 PM »

Where have you read or heard this?  I’ve never seen anything of the sort.  His parents especially seem like good people, strong values, and all that. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:09:03 PM by HutchwasClutch »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2021, 06:40:05 PM »
Where have you read or heard this?  I’ve never seen anything of the sort.  His parents especially seem like good people, strong values, and all that.

Google them.  Jordan is a piece of work on his own.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2021, 06:40:28 PM »
For years, the media and fans have been beating the drum the front office doesn’t put enough talent around 12 to win.  Safe to say his teammates hear it all the time

Ah, okay, so nothing Rodgers has said.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2021, 06:47:09 PM »
Aaron Rodgers is considered a good teammate in general and is VERY close to many of his teammates.  He's not inviting people to join him at the Derby unless he is close to them.  He stood up in Randall Cobb's wedding for goodness sake.

He might be a diva on many levels, but most players don't see things the way we do.  What happens in the locker room is usually separate from this stuff.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2021, 06:54:41 PM »
Ah, okay, so nothing Rodgers has said.

I’m sure it sits well with them hearing that all the time.  The QB who couldn’t manage to take advantage of his defense giving him three turnovers win a second half.  No, it’s the lack of talent around Aaron. It probably sits well with them, too, knowing the QB isn’t happy with how the GM constructs the roster.

As for the family party, I’m sure Aaron bares no blame at all.  There’s no reason to believe he could have any fault in that strained relationship.

I heard all this garbage about Favre in 2007.  Great teammate, blah, blah, blah.  The cult of the QB is strong.  Rodgers, like Favre, is the problem 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2021, 07:36:12 PM »
I’m sure it sits well with them hearing that all the time.  The QB who couldn’t manage to take advantage of his defense giving him three turnovers win a second half.  No, it’s the lack of talent around Aaron. It probably sits well with them, too, knowing the QB isn’t happy with how the GM constructs the roster.

As for the family party, I’m sure Aaron bares no blame at all.  There’s no reason to believe he could have any fault in that strained relationship.

I heard all this garbage about Favre in 2007.  Great teammate, blah, blah, blah.  The cult of the QB is strong.  Rodgers, like Favre, is the problem

So if the Packers get rid of Rodgers they’ll...go 14-2 or better and at least make the Super Bowl?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2021, 08:10:54 PM »
So if the Packers get rid of Rodgers they’ll...go 14-2 or better and at least make the Super Bowl?

I don’t know.  I do know I was told the franchise couldn’t let Favre go in 2007 and they figured it out without him. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2021, 10:25:14 PM »
Yea, that’s from McGinn, which I’d take with a grain of salt.

Why, cheebs? Is he not a good reporter? Does he routinely write dishonestly? Not being snarky. I seriously don't know. I do know he has had a reputation for decades as a very good reporter.

I feel the Packers hold most of the cards in the sense he’s under contract for 3 more years.

I dunno. I guess they hold most of the cards if they're willing to go from being a perennial contender to being a mediocrity. And maybe they are, indeed, willing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2021, 11:30:03 PM »
Why, cheebs? Is he not a good reporter? Does he routinely write dishonestly? Not being snarky. I seriously don't know. I do know he has had a reputation for decades as a very good reporter.

I dunno. I guess they hold most of the cards if they're willing to go from being a perennial contender to being a mediocrity. And maybe they are, indeed, willing.

He was a great reporter. Still credible but less so when the topic is Rodgers. Never passes up a chance to take a shot at him.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2021, 12:13:56 AM »
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/05/john-kuhn-provides-some-clarity-on-aaron-rodgers-packers-conflict/amp/

Anyone who has ever heard Kuhn on the radio knows he may be the biggest Rodgers apologist in the state.  Someone could criticize Rodgers having bad or lazy footwork in a game leading to a number of bad throws in critical times and Kuhn would talk about field conditions and Nike sending him a pair of defective cleats

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2021, 03:15:28 AM »
Anyone who has ever heard Kuhn on the radio knows he may be the biggest Rodgers apologist in the state.  Someone could criticize Rodgers having bad or lazy footwork in a game leading to a number of bad throws in critical times and Kuhn would talk about field conditions and Nike sending him a pair of defective cleats

Right but he’s his mouthpiece. He is saying what I am beginning to think what this is all about. A contract negotiation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2021, 07:46:57 AM »
He was a great reporter. Still credible but less so when the topic is Rodgers. Never passes up a chance to take a shot at him.

Not many “reporters” left. Lots of Op/Ed writers disguised as reporters, though.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2021, 08:15:28 AM »
Not many “reporters” left. Lots of Op/Ed writers disguised as reporters, though.

Reporting doesn't get the eyeballs any longer.