collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Canelo vs Saunders  (Read 980 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Canelo vs Saunders
« on: May 04, 2021, 09:18:36 AM »
Anyone watching the fight this Saturday? Thoughts? I think Saunders goes the distance but ultimately loses
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
Re: Canelo vs Saunders
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
I’ll probably watch.  And that outcome sounds about right.  Canelo has been a machine but he’s not had an overwhelming amount of KOs in recent fights.  Saunders is a decent fighter, soft competition not withstanding.  Canelo probably dominates him but doesn’t put him out

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 12:56:16 PM »
I’ll probably watch.  And that outcome sounds about right.  Canelo has been a machine but he’s not had an overwhelming amount of KOs in recent fights.  Saunders is a decent fighter, soft competition not withstanding.  Canelo probably dominates him but doesn’t put him out

Yeah I'm thinking Canelo is starting to top out his punching power's effectiveness as he moves up in weight class. I really thought he initially wanted to be like Roy Jones and work his way all the way up to heavyweight but I've noted on from that idea.

Didn't realize Saunders resume was as weak as it is. That's truly a trash resume.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »
Saunders threatening to pull out over the ring size.

https://www.rt.com/sport/522895-canelo-saunders-fight-off-ring-size/
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:28:33 AM »
Saunders threatening to pull out over the ring size.

https://www.rt.com/sport/522895-canelo-saunders-fight-off-ring-size/

Wayyy too much money on the table and Saunders isn't getting a bigger pay day than this. Though I do agree somewhat that asking for an amateur ring is absurd at that level. Both probably just trying to throw the other off
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback