[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 84844 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #975 on: August 31, 2021, 10:19:52 AM »
Apparently nothing!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #976 on: September 01, 2021, 01:05:21 PM »
These criminals deserve no more leniency than the man they executed, a man whose only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time and, obviously, being the "wrong" race.

Three Officers and Two Paramedics Are Charged in Elijah McClain’s Death

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/us/elijah-mcclain-officers-charged-colorado.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20210901&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=67786&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

DENVER — A Colorado grand jury issued criminal charges against three police officers and two paramedics in the 2019 death of Elijah McClain, a young Black man who had been walking home when he was stopped by the police, put into a chokehold and injected with a powerful anesthetic, the attorney general of Colorado announced on Wednesday.

Attorney General Phil Weiser, who had been named as a special prosecutor in the case, announced the 32-count indictment almost exactly two years to the day after Mr. McClain’s death.

The three police officers and two paramedics involved in Mr. McClain’s death in Aurora, Colo., just east of Denver, will each face one charge of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, Mr. Weiser said. The defendants also face a variety of assault charges.

The death of Mr. McClain, a 23-year-old Black man whom friends and family described as a gentle person who loved animals and taught himself to play the violin, touched off protests across Denver and a flurry of investigations, lawsuits and demands for policing reforms.

Mr. McClain had been walking home from a convenience store when he was stopped by three Aurora police officers responding to a 911 call about a suspicious person. The officers tackled Mr. McClain and put him in a type of chokehold that restricts blood to the brain. Paramedics arriving at the scene then injected Mr. McClain with ketamine, a rapid-acting anesthetic commonly used during surgical procedures in both animals and humans.

Mr. McClain was taken unconscious to the hospital and never recovered. He was taken off life support and died on Aug. 30, 2019.

Mr. McClain was unarmed and had not been suspected of committing any crime. As officers used force to subdue him, Mr. McClain repeatedly apologized to the officers and said he could not breathe: “I can’t breathe, please!” he said at one point.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #977 on: September 01, 2021, 01:57:48 PM »
Getting off easy. This was an execution. A modern day lynching.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #978 on: September 01, 2021, 02:49:53 PM »
Meanwhile, in Texas, parents are trying to ruin the life of a Black principal -- supposedly because he was pushing CRT, even though he wasn't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/01/texas-principal-critical-race-theory/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F348c8b7%2F612fa30e9d2fda9bb7aac972%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F38%2F74%2F612fa30e9d2fda9bb7aac972

For a little context about the racists and liars this poor guy has to deal with, here's a short passage down in the article:

The recent dispute over critical race theory was not Whitfield’s first clash with parents. In 2019, shortly after Whitfield was named the first Black principal of a middle school in Colleyville, a parent complained to the district about a photo Whitfield had posted on social media that showed him and his wife, who is White, in an embrace, celebrating their wedding anniversary.

“Is this the Dr. Whitfield we want as an example for our students?” the parent asked in an email that Whitfield recounted on Facebook. The district asked Whitfield to remove the photo to avoid further controversy, KXAS-TV reported.

Nice of the district to have his back. What a bunch of d-bags.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #979 on: September 02, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »
Beverly Hills Cops (no, not Axel, Billy and Taggart) ran a "Safe Streets" task force over the past year to cut down on crime.
They arrested 106 people. 105 of them were Black. The other was a dark-skinned Latino.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/01/beverly-hills-police-taskforce-lawsuit-racial-profiling

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #980 on: September 02, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »
Beverly Hills Cops (no, not Axel, Billy and Taggart) ran a "Safe Streets" task force over the past year to cut down on crime.
They arrested 106 people. 105 of them were Black. The other was a dark-skinned Latino.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/01/beverly-hills-police-taskforce-lawsuit-racial-profiling

Finally. Proof that blacks and Latinos commit all the crimes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #981 on: September 15, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »
Whoops.

The city of Philadelphia will pay $2 million to a Black woman who was pulled from a car, beaten by officers and had her toddler used for social media fodder by the police union, officials said.
Nursing aide Rickia Young was headed home in the early morning hours of Oct. 27, 2020, when she unknowingly drove into a large protest over the police killing of Walter Wallace Jr.
She tried to make a three-point turn to get away from the tense scene when officers smashed out her windows with their batons, according to her attorneys.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney called the treatment of Young "absolutely appalling" and "inexcusable."
Young was handcuffed and separated from her teenage nephew and 2-year-old son for several hours, and no one was ever charged or cited, according to the woman's lawyer. The hearing-impaired toddler lost his hearing aids during the tussle.
The Fraternal Order of Police, the nation's largest police labor union, posted a Facebook picture two days later showing Young's toddler in the arms of a Philadelphia police officer just after the incident.
"This child was lost during the violent riots in Philadelphia, wandering around barefoot in an area that was experiencing complete lawlessness," the union said on Facebook. "The only thing this Philadelphia Police Officer cared about in that moment was protecting this child."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/philadelphia-pay-2m-black-woman-beaten-officers-separated-toddler-during-n1279134?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #982 on: September 15, 2021, 12:30:03 PM »
Thankfully, the cops were fired, although I am sure the Police Union fought hard for their right to be corrupt.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #983 on: September 15, 2021, 12:45:07 PM »
Meanwhile, in Texas, parents are trying to ruin the life of a Black principal -- supposedly because he was pushing CRT, even though he wasn't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/09/01/texas-principal-critical-race-theory/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F348c8b7%2F612fa30e9d2fda9bb7aac972%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F38%2F74%2F612fa30e9d2fda9bb7aac972

For a little context about the racists and liars this poor guy has to deal with, here's a short passage down in the article:

The recent dispute over critical race theory was not Whitfield’s first clash with parents. In 2019, shortly after Whitfield was named the first Black principal of a middle school in Colleyville, a parent complained to the district about a photo Whitfield had posted on social media that showed him and his wife, who is White, in an embrace, celebrating their wedding anniversary.

“Is this the Dr. Whitfield we want as an example for our students?” the parent asked in an email that Whitfield recounted on Facebook. The district asked Whitfield to remove the photo to avoid further controversy, KXAS-TV reported.

Nice of the district to have his back. What a bunch of d-bags.

it's easy to go with "oh, it was because they were an interracial couple" and ignore then actual photograph in question which was a little risque for a principle to put on a public site, regardless of the race or ethnicity of the individuals in the photo. His wife didn't interpret the criticism to be a racial issue.

But hey, everything is about race these days so let's run with it. My wife was asked to take a picture down from IG by her employer and never said "it's because we're an interracial couple, isn't it?" But she doesn't feel the need to play the victim.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #984 on: September 15, 2021, 01:19:18 PM »
it's easy to go with "oh, it was because they were an interracial couple" and ignore then actual photograph in question which was a little risque for a principle to put on a public site, regardless of the race or ethnicity of the individuals in the photo. His wife didn't interpret the criticism to be a racial issue.

But hey, everything is about race these days so let's run with it. My wife was asked to take a picture down from IG by her employer and never said "it's because we're an interracial couple, isn't it?" But she doesn't feel the need to play the victim.

Cool.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #985 on: September 15, 2021, 01:40:21 PM »

The Colleyville School Board, where this man is a principal, is run by Tea Partiers. Ans as part of this they are objecting to him "teaching critical race theory", which he isn't.

So yes, it is all about race.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #986 on: October 01, 2021, 09:20:38 AM »
Peer-reviewed study shows that there have been significantly more deaths caused by police officers than had been officially reported by law-enforcement agencies. And, no surprise, Black people dying at the hands of police were the most undercounted.

The study:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01609-3/fulltext

Bloomberg article about it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-01/new-study-quantifies-vast-undercount-of-police-deaths?srnd=equality&utm_term=OZY&utm_campaign=pdb&utm_content=Friday_10.01.21&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email

More men died of police violence than of testicular cancer, or lymphoma, or STDs in the U.S. in 2019. Depending on where you get your information, that could come as a surprise, or a grave confirmation.

A new study published in The Lancet found that a government-run database has undercounted the number of deaths at the hands of police in the U.S. by more than half.

The undercount was most pronounced among non-Hispanic Black victims, who had the highest mortality rate: Of an estimated 9,500 deaths, only around 3,800 were officially logged.

“When you undercount, you’re now scientifically making it nearly impossible to make good policy decisions,” said Edwin G. Lindo, the assistant dean for Social & Health Justice at the University of Washington School of Medicine, who reviewed the findings of the study. “When you are undercounting an individual who had a fatal encounter with police, you are now effectively erasing the historical fact of what was their death and how it occurred.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #987 on: October 01, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »
The Colleyville School Board, where this man is a principal, is run by Tea Partiers. Ans as part of this they are objecting to him "teaching critical race theory", which he isn't.

So yes, it is all about race.

but wait, the "anti-racist" cabal says CRT is not taught outside of law school? You must be mistaken.

Anyone pushing the new, Kendi/DeAngelo strain of CRT in schools should be fired, regardless of their race. When my wife's co-workers middle school aged kids come home tell their mom they are ashamed of being white, or high school niece and nephew tell my sister they have been taught they are inherently bad people because of the color of their skin, and my sister taking in a 3 year old Black foster child is her trying to "colonize" the child, the people pushing that on children need to be kept as far from our schools are possible. Let them teach that in college.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #988 on: October 01, 2021, 01:54:40 PM »
but wait, the "anti-racist" cabal says CRT is not taught outside of law school? You must be mistaken.

Anyone pushing the new, Kendi/DeAngelo strain of CRT in schools should be fired, regardless of their race. When my wife's co-workers middle school aged kids come home tell their mom they are ashamed of being white, or high school niece and nephew tell my sister they have been taught they are inherently bad people because of the color of their skin, and my sister taking in a 3 year old Black foster child is her trying to "colonize" the child, the people pushing that on children need to be kept as far from our schools are possible. Let them teach that in college.
We get it, Billy-- black people bad.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #989 on: October 01, 2021, 02:07:51 PM »
We get it, Billy-- black people bad.

I'm sure everything he said totally happened 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #990 on: October 01, 2021, 02:08:56 PM »

You need to re-read TSmith's post. Your response makes no sense.

White people enslaved black people in this country. Then, some white folks fought against giving black folks civil rights after the abolishment of slavery. Those are bad things. Those are also just facts of history. Nothing to do with CRT.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #991 on: October 01, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »

Methinks you are making things up.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #992 on: October 01, 2021, 10:02:04 PM »

I've read Kendi's and DiAngelo's books. There's nothing in there about White people having to be ashamed of themselves, or White people being inherently bad, or about "colonizing" 3-year olds.

As a caveat, I don't like Kendi's book, though my critiques are likely different than yours.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #993 on: October 01, 2021, 11:00:05 PM »
I've read Kendi's and DiAngelo's books. There's nothing in there about White people having to be ashamed of themselves, or White people being inherently bad, or about "colonizing" 3-year olds.

As a caveat, I don't like Kendi's book, though my critiques are likely different than yours.

You're saying there is nothing written  in White Fragility which intimates white people should be ashamed of themselves or are inherently bad? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #994 on: October 01, 2021, 11:03:33 PM »
You know, someday the white man will get a break in America.

So far, though, 400 years and everything has gone against us.

Here's hoping the rest of this decade finally brings the change we need to establish our own identity!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #995 on: October 02, 2021, 12:10:34 AM »
You're saying there is nothing written  in White Fragility which intimates white people should be ashamed of themselves or are inherently bad?

Yes.  Have you read it?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #996 on: October 02, 2021, 01:54:50 AM »
Yes.  Have you read it?

No, but I attended a lecture she gave centered around her book.  Her entire premise is more demeaning towards black people but what I got from her book talk is that racism is inexorably stuck in all white people.  This thesis in itself certainly can make white people feel ashamed of their race.  She also gave a bizarre example of white people smiling with glee when a black person is incarcerated and that it's no different than watching lynchings during slavery. 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #997 on: October 02, 2021, 07:49:47 AM »
No, but I attended a lecture she gave centered around her book.  Her entire premise is more demeaning towards black people but what I got from her book talk is that racism is inexorably stuck in all white people.  This thesis in itself certainly can make white people feel ashamed of their race.  She also gave a bizarre example of white people smiling with glee when a black person is incarcerated and that it's no different than watching lynchings during slavery.

Ah.

I empathize, my friend. I too have very strong feelings about a book I have not read. 50 Shades of Grey. A friend of mine's wife read it though and he told me some stuff at a bar, so I'm pretty qualified if I do say so myself. Would you like to hear them?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #998 on: October 02, 2021, 08:26:00 AM »
Ah.

I empathize, my friend. I too have very strong feelings about a book I have not read. 50 Shades of Grey. A friend of mine's wife read it though and he told me some stuff at a bar, so I'm pretty qualified if I do say so myself. Would you like to hear them?

So if you don't read someone's  book cover to cover, but heard the author lecture, read excerpts, and numerous articles about the book, ,you're not entitled to have an opinion about  the thesis?  Do you need to read Mein Kamph or Mao's Red Book in its entirety to know what it's about or their points of view?  Have you ever read a book critique to help you decide if you want to read the book? 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 08:28:16 AM by MuggsyB »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2021, 08:33:00 AM »
So if you don't read someone's  book cover to cover, but heard the author lecture, read excerpts, and numerous articles about the book, ,you're not entitled to have an opinion about  the thesis?  Do you need to read Mein Kamph or Mao's Red Book in its entirety to know what it's about or their points of view?  Have you ever read a book critique to help you decide if you want to read the book?

Not read it cover to cover? Have an opinion, be open that it could be incorrect.

Heard the author lecture? Opinion on author is valid but not necessarily the book

Read excerpts? Excerpts taken without context so you can have an opinion but keep in mind these are likely excerpts to sway a person one way or another.

Read Numerous articles about the book? Absolutely not. You should be smart enough to know that in this world most of what is written on polarizing issues isn't a neutral written summary and given your posting history I'd highly doubt you were seeking out those few and far between neutral articles. an article on a politically charged book does and should not qualify one to have an informed opinion.
Maigh Eo for Sam