collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chris Farley Returns  (Read 1579 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Chris Farley Returns
« on: April 07, 2021, 02:16:53 PM »

SERocks

• Team Captain
Re: Chris Farley Returns
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 04:12:12 PM »
Never understood the Chris Farley love.  I just watched the Yankee skit  and well, yeah.  Not funny.  It is literally just a person acting like an idiot. 

Ah well....glad others find humor in it.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 07:34:22 PM »
Never understood the Chris Farley love.  I just watched the Yankee skit  and well, yeah.  Not funny.  It is literally just a person acting like an idiot. 

If I wanted to watch that, I'd wander over to the MLB thread and see what Cardinals fans are saying about Yadier Molina

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 07:44:01 PM »

Who hurt you?
But I like to throw handfuls...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 09:22:00 PM »
Although I disagree with the OP that Chris Farley was the best on SNL (let alone "by far"), Farley usually was very funny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 11:48:31 PM »

Wow. Perhaps, at least in my opinion, the best physical comedian in the past 50+ years.  Essentially all his SNL colleagues had to write material, notably David Spade, simply to get camera time.  Chris just had to perform. Honestly, 'Motivational Speaker' (conceived and written by MU's Bob Odenkirk) is a Top 10 all time sketch on SNL.

You know there's guys here on Scoop who knew Chris.  Even the most wild ones thought he was truly a danger to himself, even in college.

If you ever get a chance, enjoy the 'Avalancheros' when they occasionally perform at MU, often during Reunion weekend.  The 'troupe' (John and Kevin Farley, Pat Finn, and Danny Pudi) get weekend passes from their wives and all hell breaks loose, both on the Varsity stage and at Caffrey's.  Fantastic guys all.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 06:54:39 AM »
I didn't know Chris but went to MU the same time as him.  Remember him coming out of McCormick walking with a group of guys and basically behaving as he did in his sketches. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 07:24:56 AM »
I didn't know Chris but went to MU the same time as him.  Remember him coming out of McCormick walking with a group of guys and basically behaving as he did in his sketches.
I agree with this analysis
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 07:31:57 AM »
I thought a lot of what Farley did was really, really funny. So many great examples come to mind. That sketch linked in the first post, however...not his best work.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
My sister was at MU w/Farley and said something to the effect of "Farley was the type of party guy who'd take a dump in the middle of someone's living room."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 08:45:17 AM »
I believe every one of these Farley stories, because I have heard similar from folks I trust.

None of which means he wasn't often hilarious on SNL.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 09:29:00 AM »
https://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-show/video/0nxUdmJ00TujEJUpXCFyYAvkKqSDXdHn/the-late-late-show-4-5-21-bob-odenkirk-the-fratellis-/

27:30 mark

Bob Odenkirk of “Better Call Saul” spent a lot of time during his recent years increased fame profile days, talking about his friendship with Chris Farley going back to Second City.

Here, just a few days ago, he was doing a zoom guest spot on James Corden’s Show. At the end they ask the guest what they would like to share from their home that people otherwise would not see. He chose a framed photo of him and Chris Farley.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
My sister was at MU w/Farley and said something to the effect of "Farley was the type of party guy who'd take a dump in the middle of someone's living room."

the legend when I was at MU was that Chris was booted from the Lanche so he took a dump on the pool table before leaving.

His later stuff wasn't as funny because A) he was trying too hard to live up to the character he was expected to be, and B) he was so coked up. But his stuff from his early SNL run, as well as Tommy Boy, is legendary.

His brothers, Kevin and Tommy, have some hilarious stories from Chris's family and personal life. And also, stories showing what a humble guy and devout Catholic he was off screen.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 09:15:19 PM »
the legend when I was at MU was that Chris was booted from the Lanche so he took a dump on the pool table before leaving.

His later stuff wasn't as funny because A) he was trying too hard to live up to the character he was expected to be, and B) he was so coked up. But his stuff from his early SNL run, as well as Tommy Boy, is legendary.

His brothers, Kevin and Tommy, have some hilarious stories from Chris's family and personal life. And also, stories showing what a humble guy and devout Catholic he was off screen.

I've always heard that he would ask girls for a sip of their drink and drop his johnson into the glass.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 09:22:49 PM »
I've always heard that he would ask girls for a sip of their drink and drop his dingy johnson into the glass.

fixed. and quit playing.
But I like to throw handfuls...