[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka’s Coaching Staff  (Read 55312 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Shaka’s Coaching Staff
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2021, 10:25:20 PM »
If you take him completely literally and seriously enough to get to that conclusion, that’s on you.

Another call Shaka needs to make is to KO.

After 7 long, miserable years of vanilla white cake I can think of no better tonic than a healthy dose of alcohol-fueled, expletive-laced outbursts both on and off the court.

Marquette basketball needs to get back to its roots - a proud heritage of fisticuffs, vulgarity, chutzpah, swagger, presumption, and audacity.

Who better than KO to re-index the Marquette brand? This is a man who thrived on a steady diet of booze, broads, and basketball and punctuated his appreciation for all of life's earthy pleasures with full-throated salty paeans of that would make a sailor blush.

We were the Oakland Raiders of college basketball. The Hell's Angels of Hoops. It's time to reinvigorate the brand. Bring back KO! 

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2021, 10:30:27 PM »
Great point about Boylan. Here is a fun thought for the day: Imagine MU if Boylan was a bench assistant during Markus tenure.

Boylan would have been a great presence but there is no way Caspar Milquetoast would have wanted him on the bench. Boylan has a visceral appreciation for the nuance of the game that Mr Deer in the Headlights will never possess.

Death on call

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2021, 07:44:38 AM »
Bad guess. That is generally not the case at all. In fact, you'll see paragraph(s) regarding hiring authority that makes it clear that not only does the head coach have no hiring authority, but that even slightly hinting or representing that they may to a potential assistant coach is a serious breach of contract. The hiring authority for assistants lies with the athletic director. Obviously, as an AD you'd like your head coach to be able to 'pick' candidates... but there is no 'right' and even hinting by a head coach that they get to make the call is a big no no.

Some programs had major, major issues with this matter years ago... over the past couple of decades, they've been much tighter in the contractual language. 

Thank you.  I stand corrected.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2021, 09:21:22 AM »
I think you need to retire. Your comments are ridiculous.

Obviously you have never spent time perched on a stool at Lenny's. There are many alums who consider that watering hole the most important classroom of their Marquette education.

And Jimmy Boylan not only drank there but dispensed both wisdom and the nectar which slaked their intellectual thirst.

It was a classic hole in the wall bar where a man could find comfort either in the camaraderie of kindred spirits or the gentle caress of solitude and Oban single malt.

Life was defined in the hazy blue smoke which spiraled upward through the red neon rays of one too many beer signs.

It was a place where the denizens of the dark found refuge from the sharp sting of a January Milwaukee night. Where ideas were born...and where dreams slid into the coma of a silent, agonizing sleep. One could see Ron Cuzner bellied up to the bar, unfiltered Camel perched between thin lips, hacking the phlegm of a life lived richly.   

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
I think you need to retire. Your comments are ridiculous.

Lenny's Tap...

It was a place where heartache wasn't a stranger and the sting of cheap booze somehow only eased but never cured life's agony.

A heady mixture of sweat, cigarette smoke, body odor, and the stale perfume of the tart in leopard skin spandex whose ass was wrapped around her bar stool and her cherry red lips around the head of a PBR bottle.

It was a place Al would have been proud to drink at and probably did.

Where dreams died and agony thrived through the gauzy fog of one last unfiltered Camel.

For a few dollars a man could find sanctuary in a guileless world of doom and despair framed in flashing neon. Of all the gin joints in Milwaukee this was the oasis, the shimmering chimera of shame in city that gives no quarter...

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2021, 09:25:31 AM »
They had Oban single malt at Lenny's?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »
They had Oban single malt at Lenny's?

There was when you snuck it in!

Death on call

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2021, 09:38:28 AM »
Keefe

Your musings on Mr Bernstein’s establishment are pure poetry - they teleport me to a time and a place that helped shape my life. Thanks!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
Keefe

Your musings on Mr Bernstein’s establishment are pure poetry - they teleport me to a time and a place that helped shape my life. Thanks!

Tony

I knew I liked you when you told me you drank at both Lenny's and the Comet Bar on Capital Hill. I remember thinking to myself, "Colonel, this Lenny fella knows his sh1t..."

Death on call

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2021, 09:59:49 AM »
Obviously you have never spent time perched on a stool at Lenny's. There are many alums who consider that watering hole the most important classroom of their Marquette education.

And Jimmy Boylan not only drank there but dispensed both wisdom and the nectar which slaked their intellectual thirst.

It was a classic hole in the wall bar where a man could find comfort either in the camaraderie of kindred spirits or the gentle caress of solitude and Oban single malt.

Life was defined in the hazy blue smoke which spiraled upward through the red neon rays of one too many beer signs.

It was a place where the denizens of the dark found refuge from the sharp sting of a January Milwaukee night. Where ideas were born...and where dreams slid into the coma of a silent, agonizing sleep. One could see Ron Cuzner bellied up to the bar, unfiltered Camel perched between thin lips, hacking the phlegm of a life lived richly.   

Who cares about the coaching staff. I want more of these posts.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
Lenny's Tap...

It was a place where heartache wasn't a stranger and the sting of cheap booze somehow only eased but never cured life's agony.

A heady mixture of sweat, cigarette smoke, body odor, and the stale perfume of the tart in leopard skin spandex whose ass was wrapped around her bar stool and her cherry red lips around the head of a PBR bottle.

Where dreams died and agony thrived through the gauzy fog of one last unfiltered Camel.

For a few dollars a man could find sanctuary in a guileless world of doom and despair framed in flashing neon. Of all the gin joints in Milwaukee this was the oasis, the shimmering chimera of shame in city that gives no quarter...

Did you write the lyrics for Piano Man?
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2021, 10:31:51 AM »
Keefe

Great post on Lenny's Tap.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2021, 10:42:54 AM »
Lenny's Tap...

When you don't have new material, reuse old stuff, eh?

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=16612.0

fjm

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2021, 10:46:13 AM »

☝🏼☝🏼☝🏼

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2021, 10:46:42 AM »

I reposted something I wrote a few years ago. So what? You are a pretty miserable person.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2021, 10:47:35 AM »
Keefe

Great post on Lenny's Tap.

Goose,

It might be time for Hiroshima

Death on call

fjm

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2021, 10:49:19 AM »
I’m probably over thinking this.

But MUBB Twitter just tweeted happy birthday to Cam with a picture of him in a suit and tie coaching on the sidelines.

Can’t imagine they would do that if he wasn’t coaching anymore. And would instead post a pic of him in just a jersey?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2021, 10:53:11 AM »

But MUBB Twitter just tweeted happy birthday to Cam with a picture of him in a suit and tie coaching on the sidelines.

Can’t imagine they would do that if he wasn’t coaching anymore. And would instead post a pic of him in just a jersey?

You are over thinking
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2021, 10:54:39 AM »
I reposted something I wrote a few years ago. So what? You are a pretty miserable person.

I’m all for Keefe’s posts.

Like Robert Hunter’s lyrics, they paint the picture perfectly
Bring back FFP!!!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »

They do this for all former players. 

fjm

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
You are over thinking

Crap. Thanks JB.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2021, 11:36:36 AM »
I’m all for Keefe’s posts.

Like Robert Hunter’s lyrics, they paint the picture perfectly

+1. Scoop has enough critics (myself included) but not enough artists. New or old no matta - Keefe’s stuff ages like fine wine.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2021, 12:13:55 PM »

Love Cam, great guy and a part of a dyed in the wool Marquette family, but the best thing for his coaching aspirations, provided that’s what he’s aiming for, would be to spread his wings.  Call Stan, call Killings, hell reach out to Doc for a reco. Marquette will always be there for him

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »
Tony

I knew I liked you when you told me you drank at both Lenny's and the Comet Bar on Capital Hill. I remember thinking to myself, "Colonel, this Lenny fella knows his sh1t..."

Crash, I have to admit that I don't find it the least bit surprising that you refer to yourself as "Colonel" in your thoughts.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »
I just assumed Cam was an MU lifer and will always have a position be it with the basketball team or athletic department.