'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

What do you think of all this activity?

Love it. It's a new day, new program and it's exciting.
212 (93.4%)
He's moving TOO fast - these can't all be smart (sorry) moves.
6 (2.6%)
He's making the team too young and inexperienced.
5 (2.2%)
Has Wojo left town?
4 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 227

Voting closed: April 18, 2021, 09:41:38 AM

Author Topic: Shaka's Multiple Moves  (Read 11942 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Shaka's Multiple Moves
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2021, 02:30:15 PM »
As someone who admittedly was hoping for Gates or Moser, I have to ask: I wonder if we'd have -1 scholarships available right now with a seven exciting new players on the way. Somehow, I don't think so. I've never been so happy things didn't work out the way I wanted.

I can't wait for the season.

Well were over one right now and I don't think we're done.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2021, 02:34:25 PM »
Shaka recruiting strategy session.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2021, 02:49:48 PM »

I used to love watching that on Ed Sullivan or Johnny Carson.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2021, 02:53:09 PM »
As someone who admittedly was hoping for Gates or Moser, I have to ask: I wonder if we'd have -1 scholarships available right now with a seven exciting new players on the way. Somehow, I don't think so. I've never been so happy things didn't work out the way I wanted.

I can't wait for the season.

I haven’t been following Moser at Oklahoma much, but has had a lot of turnover?

I agree about the toughness. Before he was hired, I saw some videos of Shaka doing Navy training with his players in the preseason. Coaches participating too. It reminded me of the Buzz Bootcamp days.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 02:58:26 PM by cheebs09 »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2021, 02:57:47 PM »
I haven’t been following Moser at Oklahoma much, but he’s he had a lot of turnover?

I wasn't suggesting that at all. In fact, I have no idea. Obviously just speculation, but I do think Marquette would have lost more of its existing roster and/or recruits, and I'd be surprised if he would have pulled in the additional five guys.  My comment was more focused on Shaka and the buzz he seems to be building and how he's exceeded my expectations for retaining players and attracting new players.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2021, 02:59:50 PM »
I wasn't suggesting that at all. In fact, I have no idea. Obviously just speculation, but I do think Marquette would have lost more of its existing roster and/or recruits, and I'd be surprised if he would have pulled in the additional five guys.  My comment was more focused on Shaka and the buzz he seems to be building and how he's exceeded my expectations for retaining players and attracting new players.

I totally agree. I figured it would take longer for Moser to install his culture than any other coach. Just curious if that was playing out at Oklahoma.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2021, 03:08:08 PM »
I totally agree. I figured it would take longer for Moser to install his culture than any other coach. Just curious if that was playing out at Oklahoma.

De'Vion Harmon, their stud PG entered the portal. Brady Manek, Alondes Williams, Trey Phipps,  and Victor Iwuakor are also in the portal.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2021, 04:06:27 PM »
Good Hair across the board.
Tyler's neck looks a little..."off" in that photo.  What say you?

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »
You're right. It was Casey Morsell from UVA.

Gotta learn to keep my Morsell's straight.  :-\

Well, there was a Morsell of truth to it.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2021, 05:41:51 PM »
Tyler's neck looks a little..."off" in that photo.  What say you?

That can happen when you spend too much time on a pogo stick.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2021, 07:49:07 PM »
So I have 2 MU (in Milwaukee) friends that say Patrick Baldwin Jr (and UWM coach dad) are headed to MU, smoke or blowing smoke?  They have said it’s a hot rumor in MKE, I also live in Milwaukee and haven’t heard anything along these lines, what say the Scoop intelligencia?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2021, 07:52:47 PM »
So I have 2 MU (in Milwaukee) friends that say Patrick Baldwin Jr (and UWM coach dad) are headed to MU, smoke or blowing smoke?  They have said it’s a hot rumor in MKE, I also live in Milwaukee and haven’t heard anything along these lines, what say the Scoop intelligencia?

Doubtful but I’ll preach it as gospel
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2021, 07:58:42 PM »

Did they stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2021, 08:07:32 PM »
Did they stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

Ha, I want to keep my very limited standing intact, something both said they heard, I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else, including the Holy Grail of MU info... MUScoop.  So probably smoke and wishful thinking.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2021, 10:50:15 PM »
So probably smoke and wishful thinkingskunky smoke.

FIFY

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2021, 11:24:16 PM »

The rumor has made the rounds today. I strongly believe it's blowing smoke. The only way there's anything to it is if either Baldwin or one of the currently known assistants is taking a lesser role to make it happen. DBO or something similar.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2021, 12:11:12 AM »

WOW.

EPIC... heehee.

Good stuff and visual imagery.   

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2021, 07:41:21 AM »
Someone on Scoop said something about a "technicality" (about additional year for seniors) regarding Elliot possibly not counting as one of the 13 scholarships. This makes no sense to me at all. Anyone have an idea if this could possibly be correct? I cannot remember where I saw it among the mountain of posts the last few days.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2021, 07:47:40 AM »
Someone on Scoop said something about a "technicality" (about additional year for seniors) regarding Elliot possibly not counting as one of the 13 scholarships. This makes no sense to me at all. Anyone have an idea if this could possibly be correct? I cannot remember where I saw it among the mountain of posts the last few days.

If a player has used up all of his eligibility he can play at his current school and not count towards the cap. I believe Greg does not qualify for this exemption since he is technically a RD Senior and has not exhausted his normal eligibility. Where as Theo could have come back and not counted since he had used his 4 years.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2021, 07:57:43 AM »
If a player has used up all of his eligibility he can play at his current school and not count towards the cap. I believe Greg does not qualify for this exemption since he is technically a RD Senior and has not exhausted his normal eligibility. Where as Theo could have come back and not counted since he had used his 4 years.

Don't you apply for your red shirt at the end of your fourth year? Maybe they figure they won't apply for one and Greg would still get his 5th year then either way
Maigh Eo for Sam

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »
Don't you apply for your red shirt at the end of your fourth year? Maybe they figure they won't apply for one and Greg would still get his 5th year then either way

Thanks MU Monster and Galway. Seems like it would be a stretch to be able to keep Greg as a legit 14th scholarship player. Someone joked that Shaka could adopt him so his tuition is covered but....does the NCAA have a rule against a donor covering Greg's tuition? Seems to me that would not be allowed but I'm just throwing it out for discussion. That would be a very blatant attempt to skirt the rules regarding 13 scholarships. 

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2021, 08:10:32 AM »

It is my understanding that they are charged at the end of the current season. That way if the coach and/or player decide midway through the season to lift the redshirt they can and it counts as a regular year.

Unless there is another exception for this year that I am unaware of I believe we have to have a current player/commit leave to be at the scholarship cap for next season.