[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just made my first donation since they fired Buzz. Anybody else?!  (Read 6468 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Just made my first donation since they fired Buzz. Anybody else?!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »
What the hell...this may age badly, but I’ll give it a shot.

I predict that five years from today, the following will be true:

• MU will have finished in the top half of the Big East at least four times.
  • MU will have finished top three in the Big East at least twice.
  • MU will have played in the BET semi finals at least twice.
  • MU will have played in the BET finals at least once.
  • MU will have qualified for the NCAA tournament at least three times.
  • MU will have won at least three NCAA games.
  • MU will have been at least a four seed.
  • MU will have been ranked in at least two seasons.
  • Most fans will be really happy with Shaka as our coach.
  • The post quoted above will have aged worse than this post.

Overly optimistic. Probably. But we’ve got this.

This is fantasy land.
Reality is Shaka hasn’t won an ncaa tourney game in 8 years.  Let’s hope that changes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 02:20:48 PM »
Which is why in another thread I said the similarities between Buzz and Shaka leaving their respective universities is very similar.

MU went beyond making no attempt to stop him, they actually went out of their way to help Buzz leave.

It was a big win for Virginia Tech, and I think it will be a big win for MU.

True or False: Had he not left for Virginia Tech, Buzz Williams would have coached Marquette in the 2014-15 season.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2021, 02:21:38 PM »
This is fantasy land.
Reality is Shaka hasn’t won an ncaa tourney game in 8 years.  Let’s hope that changes.

We’ll revisit this in five years. I’ll bet the truth will be closer to my predictions than yours.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 02:23:22 PM »
We’ll revisit this in five years. I’ll bet the truth will be closer to my predictions than yours.
Oh you bet?  Ok.  All is well

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 02:29:02 PM »
True or False: Had he not left for Virginia Tech, Buzz Williams would have coached Marquette in the 2014-15 season.

Pakuni, you are arguing over semantics. My point was the same as you already acknowledged; the Buzz and Shaka stories are similar.

For those saying Shaka was fired; then so was Buzz. For those that aren't happy with Shaka, because he might have been fired next season; then no one should have hired Buzz.

Fact is, Shaka is a proven great coach. We got him from Texas, right after he got them to top 10 in the nation and a 3-seed. I'm excited about what he will do at MU.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:42:18 PM by forgetful »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2021, 02:37:52 PM »
Pakuni, you are arguing over semantics. My point was the same as you already acknowledged; the Buzz and Shaka stories are similar.

For those saying Shaka was fired; then so was Buzz. For those that aren't happy with Shaka, because he might have been fired next season; then no one should have hired Buzz.

My comments have nothing to do with whether Shaka was a good a hire or will succeed at MU.
I'm pointing out the inaccuracy of the narrative that Buzz was "fired." He wasn't. Had he not been hired away that spring, he would have been coaching Marquette in the fall.
(And, by all accounts, the same is true of Shaka and Texas, btw).

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2021, 02:41:53 PM »

Thank you for supporting the College of Communications. I am proud FFP and communications alum. Keep sending your money.

My wife and I are both College of Journalism grads. We’ve been PC for most of the last 20 years and targeted our contributions to Scholarships. The basketball team has no bearing on our commitment.

We give because Marquette means something and people who didn’t have the opportunity we did can get it.

It’s called pay it forward.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2021, 02:57:11 PM »

Yeah, because if a coach has ever gone 8 years without winning an NCAA tournament game, he will NEVER do anything good!

That's why Moser's Final Four run didn't count. Neither did Jay Wright's. Neither did Al McGuire's. Neither did Mike Krzyzewski's. Etc etc etc etc.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2021, 03:00:42 PM »
Yeah, because if a coach has ever gone 8 years without winning an NCAA tournament game, he will NEVER do anything good!

That's why Moser's Final Four run didn't count. Neither did Jay Wright's. Neither did Al McGuire's. Neither did Mike Krzyzewski's. Etc etc etc etc.
That doesn’t even make sense.  He dramatically under performed at Texas.  If u don’t want to believe that, that’s your deal.

boom.shakalaka

• Walk-On
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2021, 03:03:28 PM »
Who else is excited about this hire?! We designed some old school warriors shirts that are one of a kind. Any questions contact this account or the shop through email

https://www.redbubble.com/people/Boom-Shakalaka/shop?anchor=profile&asc=u
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 03:06:38 PM by boom.shakalaka »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2021, 03:10:21 PM »
That doesn’t even make sense.  He dramatically under performed at Texas.  If u don’t want to believe that, that’s your deal.

Yes he did, and most of us have acknowledged that.

But how many times are the Blah-kas gonna say he hasn't won an NCAA game in 8 years, as if that disqualifies him from ever being able to win one?

I mean, Porter Moser went 13 years without winning an NCAA tournament game -- and as a bonus, he never even got to the tourney any of those years, and as a double-bonus he never finished higher than 5th place in any conference he was in all those years -- and yet he somehow was able to guide a team to the Final Four.

How was that possible? If a coach has gone 8 straight years without winning an NCAAT game, judging by some Scoopers, it's absolutely impossible for him to get us to the Final Four. Ever.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2021, 03:13:56 PM »
Agreed that the changes are very impressive!  I am also a communications alum and toured Johnston with my daughter just before Covid hit.  Top notch improvements since my days in that building.

I'm so old that it was called the School of Journalism when I went there. And J-school majors chose between advertising, editorial or TV/radio.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2021, 03:26:44 PM »
I'm so old that it was called the School of Journalism when I went there. And J-school majors chose between advertising, editorial or TV/radio.

It was called CJPA (Communication/Journalism/Performing Arts) during my time.  I don’t think that lasted very long though.  After School of Journalism, before College of Communication. 

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2021, 04:35:55 PM »
It was called CJPA (Communication/Journalism/Performing Arts) during my time.  I don’t think that lasted very long though.  After School of Journalism, before College of Communication.

Collège of Journalism is on both mine and my wife’s degrees. Both News-Ed sequence.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2021, 01:02:58 AM »
Yes he did, and most of us have acknowledged that.

But how many times are the Blah-kas gonna say he hasn't won an NCAA game in 8 years, as if that disqualifies him from ever being able to win one?

I mean, Porter Moser went 13 years without winning an NCAA tournament game -- and as a bonus, he never even got to the tourney any of those years, and as a double-bonus he never finished higher than 5th place in any conference he was in all those years -- and yet he somehow was able to guide a team to the Final Four.

How was that possible? If a coach has gone 8 straight years without winning an NCAAT game, judging by some Scoopers, it's absolutely impossible for him to get us to the Final Four. Ever.
That's a great argument to hire any coach in the world. Hell, we shoulda stuck it out with Wojo.

feedback