[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More Likely Scenario  (Read 15188 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: More Likely Scenario
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »
I brought this up yesterday (I think), but wouldn't Jose have to sit out if he transferred again?  I don't see him doing that.

Most seem to think the immediate transfer rule will be enacted this summer.  Not sure if that impacts guys that have already transferred once differently or not. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »
Most seem to think the immediate transfer rule will be enacted this summer.  Not sure if that impacts guys that have already transferred once differently or not.

It's a one time transfer without sitting out.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »
Thank you for you reasonableness. As a long-time Warrior fan, I really expect Wojo to be back next year.

Let's be realistic. Since Coach McGuire retired following the 1977 NCAA Championship, there have been eight head basketball coaches in 44 years. Of that group, two have been fired, two retired or resigned and three left for other universities. The eighth is Wojo. The average tenure is 5.5 years, which Wojo already has exceeded. In the 44 years, we have fallen from the bluest of bluebloods to what this year was an also-ran in what was a mediocre conference. Only for one year did we sniff anything close to what we expected in Coach McGuire's time.

To fire Wojo now is to go back into the deep hinterlands with, under the best case scenario, a three-year return to where we are now. And, given our track record, we run the risk that this year might be a high point. I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

My view is that the program has been mismanaged badly. We had so much and, candidly, still do, going for us. Our reputation was first rate. We're in a usually great conference and our fans have supported us through thick and thin. The ingredients are here to win and the implication of winning is so great for Marquette's future away from basketball and athletics that I can't understand how anyone can tolerate anything but excellence.

That off my chest, Marquette will have Wojo back because we have the foundation for something good, if it is managed correctly (which it wasn't this year). The BOT inevitably will look to such Bluebloods as Duke, Kentucky and Louisville as three examples of teams that floundered this year because of Covid-19 related issues. They'll rationalize that we lost practice early in the season, lost conditioning and drilling last summer and had limited chance to convert the core of our team, Carton, Garcia and Lewis, into top-flite college players. They'll contend that the group we have coming in will augment what's already in place quite well and give Wojo the leash to go recruit high-quality transfers or a JuCo or two.

I've said before and still believe Wojo has a sales job ahead of him this summer. He MUST BE front and center in selling the program to its constituencies -- the fans that buy tickets to the FiServ, the students who need to show up, the alumni who unite around a good program and the administration that, foolheartedly or not, put our fortunes in Wojo's hands. He's going to have to sell us that Marquette has more than fine young men. The sales pitch will be on how good the team can be, what we should expect from our Warriors in 2021-2022 and how we should measure him.

I'm sure Wojo holds the team accountable, to some degree. But the measure this year MUST BE that results matter. You can play well but the nonsense that cost us several games this year MUST STOP. You players either do what you're paid for (yes, they're paid in a barter transaction), or you'll sit. In one regard he's got to do what he never before did in basically benching some hotshot that might think he's above discipline (are you listening, Henry?)

There's not a whole lot of confidence here that any of this will happen. But dammit, I hope I'm wrong because we don't need yet another rebuilding project.
This is the largest barrel of slurp for Wojo-Dukiet  in a long time. Gag worthy.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2021, 03:27:48 PM »
Bob Dukiet

Need I say more?
Wojo-Dukiet.

Nuff said.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2021, 03:36:00 PM »
Was anyone ever served in a reasonable amount of time at George Webb? Every meal, no matter the time of day or how basic it was, took 45 minutes minimum. Worst service ever

Go to the Menomonee Falls location in the 1970s. You'll get great service.

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
Wojo will be retained.  So instead of dreaming about who a new coach could be I’ve been spending the last couple days dreaming about the possibility below.  Starting lineup/Depth chart at each position of:

PG:Carton/Mitchell
SG: Elliot/Carton
SF: Lewis/(tbd)
PF: Battle/Lewis
C: Garcia/Aidoo/Oso

Lewis needs to improve outside shot and handle.  Garcia needs 15 lbs of muscle and work on finishing around the rim. 

Plug in some transfers in the backcourt who are good ball handlers and shooters and we’re onto something.  Last piece is an assistant with specialty in establishing an actual offense.  If Wojo puts aside his ego and let’s that assistant take over implementing the offense I feel good about heading into next year.

Lot of if’s in the above scenario but we’re a couple transfers and some internal player development away from being real good imo.

I still see Garcia at the 4.  I think that's where he wants to be.   Plus I see Jones in the mix...

PG:Carton/Mitchell
SG: Elliot/(Transfer)/Jones
SF: Ellioit/(tbd)
PF: Garcia/Lewis
C: Aidoo/Lewis/Oso
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:41:02 PM by Autoengineer »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2021, 03:41:19 PM »
Pic of disappointment at George Webb right after Jose left:
[/img]

Should be 13 Wins Celebration Menu on the back poster or did MU have to vacate a win because Jose ate Breeding's half time snack?

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2021, 03:42:39 PM »
Wojo has:

Never held his team accountable

Never / NEVER “ sold “ the team as he has absolutely no personality

Has never had a team improve at the end of the year

But if he changes all of that MU could
Finish what ?? 7th place next year

Great.  Can’t wait

Viper

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2021, 03:43:33 PM »
Was anyone ever served in a reasonable amount of time at George Webb? Every meal, no matter the time of day or how basic it was, took 45 minutes minimum. Worst service ever
obviously you were never served by Debbie at the Ham-n-Egger at bar-time.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »
This is the largest barrel of slurp for Wojo-Dukiet  in a long time. Gag worthy.

Yawn.

I for one appreciate a legitimately thought out, reasoned, grammatically sound discussion, even if I disagree with it. It certainly beats the tired old, one-line, drum beating of negativity and insults that appear to be your preferred communication method.

The complete inability of people to have meaningful discussion even when diametrically opposed in viewpoints is depressing.

And, now, off my high horse and back to the shadows.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2021, 04:05:39 PM »
Do you enjoy being a condescending a-hole? The team is bad and results will likely be extremely bad next year. Are we supposed to kid ourselves and set ourselves up for further disappointment?

I didn’t realize you needed to turn a not-about-firing-Wojo thread into the 407th Fire Wojo thread.

Management regrets the error.

Nice job breaking Scoop’s very first rule, though, and reminding everybody what you’re about.

Carry on.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
It's a one time transfer without sitting out.

I guess I always figured that meant one time post-rule change, as theoretically those guys have already sat out a year for their transfer (covid waivers aside). 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 04:12:30 PM »
Yawn.

I for one appreciate a legitimately thought out, reasoned, grammatically sound discussion, even if I disagree with it. It certainly beats the tired old, one-line, drum beating of negativity and insults that appear to be your preferred communication method.

The complete inability of people to have meaningful discussion even when diametrically opposed in viewpoints is depressing.

And, now, off my high horse and back to the shadows.
Yes your high horse needs a rest. And I do not need to write a thesis to criticize Wojo-Dukiet. His performance does not warrant it. And the Wojo-Dukiet slurper excuse makers  only warrant a few words. And as the old saying goes____ you and the green horse you rode in on

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
I guess I always figured that meant one time post-rule change, as theoretically those guys have already sat out a year for their transfer (covid waivers aside).

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28757527/ncaa-transfer-proposal-guide-means-coaches-players-saying
If a student-athlete has already transferred prior to this new rule, would they be able to gain immediate eligibility if they transfer again?

The working group believes athletes who have already transferred previously, or otherwise do not qualify for this new one-time waiver guideline, should still have the ability to go through the current waiver process to gain immediate eligibility. The group states the waiver process, however, should be limited to truly extenuating and unique circumstances, and would not be granted for anything other than a unique situation.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »
Yes your high horse needs a rest. And I do not need to write a thesis to criticize Wojo-Dukiet. His performance does not warrant it. And the Wojo-Dukiet slurper excuse makers  only warrant a few words. And as the old saying goes____ you and the green horse you rode in on

I’m not familiar with the green horse.  I am familiar with your fascination with slurping. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2021, 04:21:43 PM »
I didn’t realize you needed to turn a not-about-firing-Wojo thread into the 407th Fire Wojo thread.

Management regrets the error.

Nice job breaking Scoop’s very first rule, though, and reminding everybody what you’re about.

Carry on.
Maybe I should find a creative way around rule number 1 next time by being exasperatingly condescending in every single post like you..

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2021, 04:21:57 PM »
You should also be familiar with the green weenie
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2021, 04:22:04 PM »
obviously you were never served by Debbie at the Ham-n-Egger at bar-time.

I don’t think so. I was at MU 2006-2010.

Guessing the Ham-n-Egger was before my time?
Bring back FFP!!!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2021, 04:25:41 PM »
I don’t think so. I was at MU 2006-2010.

Guessing the Ham-n-Egger was before my time?

Just looked at the current GW menu.

1/3 lb burgers? Back in the day, there was maybe 2 oz of 'meat'....

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2021, 04:25:46 PM »

In this case, the “green weenie” is us keeping Wojo.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »

I am.  The green horse is new.  Does it slurp?  How does it slurp or is it slurped?  Who does it slurp?  Who slurps it?  Can it be ridden while slurping or being slurped?  The green horse intrigues me as a slurper

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2021, 04:26:57 PM »
You can lead a green horse to water but ya can't make it slurp, aina?

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »
Can the green horse put its head up its ass?  Could it take a dump on Wojo's forehead? 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2021, 04:34:43 PM »
Should be 13 Wins Celebration Menu on the back poster or did MU have to vacate a win because Jose ate Breeding's half time snack?
During the off season here at MU Scoop , we tend to see a lot of the same promotional techniques employed by George Webb. Especially the last few days. Love that retro feel 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2021, 04:36:14 PM »
Can the green horse put its head up its ass?  Could it take a dump on Wojo's forehead?

Also good questions.  I think the green horse should be the new mascot. 

feedback