[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: That's that. MSG is bad for you.  (Read 15712 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: That's that. MSG is bad for you.
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2021, 04:08:50 PM »
He has been the wrong guy for several years and hopefully the school does the right thing. He has been a deer in headlights since the start and nothing changed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for chasing (and landing a couple) of big time recruits and I stick to that. I also believe their never was a system put into place and that led to his downfall. If he had a system there is no need for major overhauls every year, you put new guys into previous guys roles. The only hint of system was having a chucker for six of the seven years and this year he missed the chucker.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2021, 04:09:47 PM »
This is the first time I thought it really showed that the team quit on Wojo, or he quit on them.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2021, 04:10:08 PM »
Anyone just watch the postgame? Lavin and Donny Marshall say Wojo and staff need to do some soul searching. They went on to say that, despite COVID, they don’t have any “more” of an excuse than any other team in the country. Finally said the team has not had a true “identity” the last three years.

SPOT ON. Thank you, national media for finally noticing.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2021, 04:10:14 PM »
I am convinced now Goodbye and good luck to Dexter and probably Perez.

For sure on Dex.

Curious about Perez - he's been playing a bit, and reportedly was going to sit out but said he'd do whatever to help the team. 

I'll all get figured out in the next couple weeks.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2021, 04:10:19 PM »
Well, the season could not have ended with a bigger thud.  Everything about the program - the coaching, the players, the practicing outside this morning like we are filming a scene for He Got Game - today was, simply, awful.  The program could not have looked less interested and/or ready to play in a Big East Tournament game.  Announcers saw it.  The fans saw it.  Everyone saw it - and not having fans there is even worse.  Very unfortunate to the fans, alumni and strong supporters of the program that continue to back and root for this team, despite the groin punches we regularly receive. 

The administration - Scholl, Lovell and BOT - have to take a real hard serious look in the mirror and legitimately review where we stand and how many changes are needed to help right this once proud basketball program.  As a leading Jesuit institution, it should be incredibly frustrating to watch programs like Gonzaga, Loyola, Creighton and Xavier all compete for top-25 rankings and tournament bids annually.  As a self-proclaimed leading Jesuit institution, why is Marquette once again embarrassed in March with nothing to show for it?

IMO, MUBB is now officially and undeniably at its lowest point in decades.  Sad day.     

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 04:10:29 PM »
Shame you feel that way about a guy that has been anything but soft for MU. He is banged up, and has given it his all for four years.. He played all last year with a broken wrist for God's sake. Says a lot about you.

Theo acts like a tough guy and never backed it up on the court.

When MU needed a big rebound, the guy was never there.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 04:11:40 PM »
Did they team quit on Wojo today?

And, if so, why wait until today?

But Krusty, why now? Why not 20 games ago?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »

Ironic coming from a tough guy behind a keyboard

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2021, 04:12:05 PM »

He's never been a great rebounder for a few different reasons. That doesn't make him soft. If anybody on MU isn't soft, it's Theo.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2021, 04:14:44 PM »

Dude, I don't know what your vendetta is about the kid, but quit being a dick. Theo put his heart and soul into the team. Was he the most perfect player? No--I ended up being frustrated with a lot of plays of his. But he represented the university well and played his ass off and sacrificed his body for the team. For that, respect.

But I am sure you contributed as much from your keyboard.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »
There’s no way all three of Carton, Lewis, and Garcia are back next year. John, Cain, Elliott represent approximately 50% of team productivity this year on both ends of the floor.

Next year could really be a true disaster. Like sole possession of last place disaster.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
There’s no way all three of Carton, Lewis, and Garcia are back next year. John, Cain, Elliott represent approximately 50% of team productivity this year on both ends of the floor.

Next year could really be a true disaster. Like sole possession of last place disaster.

I thikn that's what most people who dislike wojo want? So wouldn't that be not a disaster?

I am over Wojo, but I'd at least like to see us in the tourney no matter what next year, but have no idea what to expect ona turnover level.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2021, 04:18:56 PM »
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers, and more turnovers. And crapty shooting.

And don't forget the turnovers.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2021, 04:19:42 PM »

Last time I give you crap for this, I swear.  But you're dream could be finally coming true!

Well..... I might rather have the DePaul program right now.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2021, 04:19:57 PM »
This was an absolute great loss assuming it forces Marquette’s hand on wojo. Get him out of Milwaukee.
No Finish Line

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2021, 04:20:49 PM »
Dude, I don't know what your vendetta is about the kid, but quit being a dick. Theo put his heart and soul into the team. Was he the most perfect player? No--I ended up being frustrated with a lot of plays of his. But he represented the university well and played his ass off and sacrificed his body for the team. For that, respect.

But I am sure you contributed as much from your keyboard.

Theo told fans who didn't agree with him politically to basically go f*** themselves and not root for the team.  Nobody owes him a thing.

Oh, but he'd get the occasional monster dunk or block and then make a show of flexing his muscles and screaming.

But in a close game when you needed the big defensive rebound, tough Theo would be 10 ft from the basket looking lost.

Well, the turd went out with a whimper today.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2021, 04:21:41 PM »
Theo told fans who didn't agree with him politically to basically go f*** themselves and not root for the team.  Nobody owes him a thing.

Oh, but he'd get the occasional monster dunk or block and then make a show of flexing his muscles and screaming.

But in a close game when you needed the big defensive rebound, tough Theo would be 10 ft from the basket looking lost.

Got it. Youre mad because you've got a fragile disposition.

That makes a lot more sense.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2021, 04:22:00 PM »

These posts say a lot more about you than they do about Theo.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2021, 04:22:43 PM »
Last time I give you crap for this, I swear.  But you're dream could be finally coming true!
Not a dream - a grim prophecy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2021, 04:23:09 PM »

Amazing how Theo's statements have you triggered months later still.  Scumbag.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2021, 04:23:16 PM »

You did notice that he was limping today and icing his knees?  Certainly not a great player, but he gave his all.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2021, 04:24:04 PM »

Then why are you still watching if it bothers you that much? Be more of a dickhead.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2021, 04:27:20 PM »
Goodbye and good luck to Theo, Jamal and Koby.

I am convinced now Goodbye and good luck to Dexter and probably Perez.

Better welcome transfer portal stars who don't throw the ball away 17 times a game or welcome a new coach or new assistant coaches that get in the player's faces for mistakes. MU now noted more for than turnover rate than basketball skills.  Terrible year.

Be safe.

Would love to see Jamal back.  Let him finish things off with his buddy GE and I think there’s a lot of growth left in his game.  The other two, thanks for the commitment to the program and best of luck with their next step!!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »
OK, I'm not going to criticize the team. They are what they are -- 18-23 year old men who gave what they could give.

It wasn't even close to being enough this year.

We have big problems and big opportunities if we can find the right parts to put together into a competitive and aggressive whole. The problem we've had for eight years now is that many of the parts were there but they never fit together in a way that works. That's on Buzz for his last year and Wojo for the seven years he has been with us.

The question now has to be asked is, if Wojo stays, how will next year be different. Again, good pieces coming but can they be molded into a winning basketball team? The track record isn't good.

If we start over, will our new Coach's Powerpoint show a fast rise and get us back to the promised land? Depends on who we hire and how much of what we need to keep, we keep.

I'm not excited for the next few years. Looks like my winters will be spent praying for better days.

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2021, 04:32:32 PM »
Would love to see Jamal back.  Let him finish things off with his buddy GE and I think there’s a lot of growth left in his game.  The other two, thanks for the commitment to the program and best of luck with their next step!!

for Jamal's sake, I hope he moves on if Wojo's still our coach.  I think he'd have better success in the long run with just about any other coach.
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson