Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: That's that. MSG is bad for you.  (Read 16054 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: That's that. MSG is bad for you.
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »
Theo told fans who didn't agree with him politically to basically go f*** themselves and not root for the team.  Nobody owes him a thing.

Oh, but he'd get the occasional monster dunk or block and then make a show of flexing his muscles and screaming.

But in a close game when you needed the big defensive rebound, tough Theo would be 10 ft from the basket looking lost.

Well, the turd went out with a whimper today.

It's not like Theo just came out and said those things unsolicited.  Why is it okay for keyboard warriors like you to give Theo crap, but not for Theo to give it back?  Not at all surprised you can dish but cannot take.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »
It's not like Theo just came out and said those things unsolicited.  Why is it okay for keyboard warriors like you to give Theo crap, but not for Theo to give it back?  Not at all surprised you can dish but cannot take.
Not sure any comments were directed at Theo, individually, before his replies.

I know the one tweet he responded to was “who even cares anymore” in response to an MU loss tweet. That doesn’t qualify as “giving Theo crap”.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2021, 07:27:35 PM »
Not sure any comments were directed at Theo, individually, before his replies.

I know the one tweet he responded to was “who even cares anymore” in response to an MU loss tweet. That doesn’t qualify as “giving Theo crap”.

So, someone asked a question.  Seems like Theo answered.  And now people are triggered by it.  If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU1980

• Starter
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2021, 07:30:11 PM »
For calling Theo a turd you think he’s a disgusting person?

No, the reason WHY he called him a turd is what makes him a disgusting person. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »
Today the better team and, the coach who had his team prepared, won.

So now we go to the long off season, with that final record of 13-14 on the MU Scoop screen to look at every day .

Jae, Jimmy and Juan are doing good things so that will have to do in terms of MU rooting. Maybe Henry can do something in his 10 day contract , Wes can get more minutes, Markus can make a shot and Sacar or Rowsey get something good out of the G League.   

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
So, someone asked a question.  Seems like Theo answered.  And now people are triggered by it.  If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.
There are trolls for every team, even the good ones. Go look at Packers Facebook or Twitter after a loss. It doesn’t mean a player should reply to said trolls.

Unfortunately, yes, Theo is held to a higher social media standard than the random guy that replies to the MUBB Twitter feed. If you don’t understand that, I can’t help you.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2021, 08:09:28 PM »
Ewing just said Marquette is well coached.
great! Maybe Ewing will relieve us of our misery and add Wojo to his staff.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2021, 08:15:30 PM »
No, the reason WHY he called him a turd is what makes him a disgusting person.

Which was either the comment he thinks Theo is soft and not as tough as everyone says he is or that he didn’t like being told  to F off and not cheer for the team if they don’t like his/the teams activism.

Either one doesn’t seem like a fair reason to characterize someone you never met as disgusting. 

Viper

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »
Dude, I don't know what your vendetta is about the kid, but quit being a dick. Theo put his heart and soul into the team. Was he the most perfect player? No--I ended up being frustrated with a lot of plays of his. But he represented the university well and played his ass off and sacrificed his body for the team. For that, respect.

But I am sure you contributed as much from your keyboard.
...and for the effort Theo got a $250,000 education. 

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2021, 08:33:10 PM »
Mrs Wojo needs a tissue.
Walk me through your logic.

I posted something about Glow and Chick and somehow that equates to me being a Wojo fan?

Also, sick burn with the female analogy. You’re either 12 or chronically single.

You can do much better than that...unless your reasoning has been clouded by excessive quantities of malted hops and bong resin.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2021, 08:37:44 PM »
Theo never said “Agree with my politics or go eff yourself.” He said, “if you don’t believe in equality for all go eff yourself.” If that triggers you, it says a lot more about you than about Theo.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2021, 08:54:10 PM »
Theo never said “Agree with my politics or go eff yourself.” He said, “if you don’t believe in equality for all go eff yourself.” If that triggers you, it says a lot more about you than about Theo.

Ya I don’t know the backstory at all.  Just seemed like the post was a little hot.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2021, 09:05:54 PM »
I could not care less about Theo’s political/social beliefs and respect his right to voice them openly. I do care that he was out of position on D for four years and could not get five rebounds in a pickup game.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:36 PM »
Walk me through your logic.

I posted something about Glow and Chick and somehow that equates to me being a Wojo fan?

Also, sick burn with the female analogy. You’re either 12 or chronically single.

You can do much better than that...unless your reasoning has been clouded by excessive quantities of malted hops and bong resin.

Someone who, in the year 2021, said we should hire Tim Legler’s wife because “she’s an absolute dime” does not need to be lecturing another poster on poor word choices and immaturity.  Say that in any workplace today and your ass would be grass.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2021, 10:45:27 PM »

Theo should not have responded to the “who cares” post on Twitter.  He should not have told a Marquette fan to STFU.  What that fan said was completely innocuous.  Theo was in the wrong.  There’s no other way to spin it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »
Theo should not have responded to the “who cares” post on Twitter.  He should not have told a Marquette fan to STFU.  What that fan said was completely innocuous.  Theo was in the wrong.  There’s no other way to spin it.

So get triggered because the question got answered. Got it.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2021, 10:55:19 PM »
I don’t think anyone is triggered? Just questioning why someone on the basketball team felt the need to get involved in a social media battle when a particular tweet wasn’t aimed at him individually. No more, no less. If that’s triggered nowadays, so be it I guess.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2021, 10:56:01 PM »

I’m a big Theo John fan but a bit of respect for the alumni and supporters of the program that have been around for more than four years would be appreciated.  A lot of players come and go but the season ticket holders and alumni who donate to the athletics program and fly in for games every year to support our program get a voice.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2021, 10:59:26 PM »

This is an odd hill to die on, but have at it.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2021, 11:04:59 PM »

Actually, neither of those quotes were said by Theo.  But nice use of quotations.  Gold star.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2021, 11:05:43 PM »
I’m a big Theo John fan but a bit of respect for the alumni and supporters of the program that have been around for more than four years would be appreciated.  A lot of players come and go but the season ticket holders and alumni who donate to the athletics program and fly in for games every year to support our program get a voice.

I realize it was out there for the world to see, but he was responding to one person in particular.  It's wasn't a particularly great life choice, but also not something that will effect Theo beyond the 1000 of us or so that keep tabs on these things.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2021, 11:09:00 PM »

You're not mad that he answered the question.  You're mad that his response wasn't universally accepted.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2021, 12:34:37 AM »
Someone who, in the year 2021, said we should hire Tim Legler’s wife because “she’s an absolute dime” does not need to be lecturing another poster on poor word choices and immaturity.  Say that in any workplace today and your ass would be grass.
I never said we should hire Legler’s wife. I said we should hire Legler because his wife is a dime.

So next time you decide to be the moral compass of a college basketball message board at least have the decency to quote me accurately. Otherwise you just look like a condescending choad.

And thanks for the lecture on what is considered appropriate work conversation, Captain Obvious. Last time I checked my W8 (I make so much money I don’t get a W2) isn’t from Scoop.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2021, 12:36:38 AM »
Worst ORating performance since Wojo's first year.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2021, 12:44:44 AM »
Is it possible the “powers that be” are an equal part of the current problem? Lovell is such a happy go lucky kiss ass that I’d love see him get the axe. I’m not confident making a coaching change fixes the problems.

Bingo. Problem starts at the top. Lovell is DiUlio in civilian clothes.

feedback